Houdini7

Premium Subscriber
Okay,that's exactly files I have including the new executable file. Which I copied over.

What "New Executable File" ?
Are you clicking on something like ProScan_14_7.exe ?

Don't do that, click on the ProScan.exe file

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I think he's clicking on the original setup download on his desktop. Find ProScan folder in Program Files (x86) and open it. Find the ProScan exe file, right click it, then choose 'Send To' and choose 'Send To Desktop As Shortcut' then find the shortcut on your desktop and click on it and ProScan should open immediately. You can move the setup file or even delete it.

JD
kf4anc

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I think he's clicking on the original setup download on his desktop. Find ProScan folder in Program Files (x86) and open it. Find the ProScan exe file, right click it, then choose 'Send To' and choose 'Send To Desktop As Shortcut' then find the shortcut on your desktop and click on it and ProScan should open immediately. You can move the setup file or even delete it.

JD
kf4anc

I think you're right. That's why I tell people not to use Desktop Icons. It should also show in his Start Menu.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 14.8 Just Released.

What's New
  • Added - NXDN Trunk & NXDN One-Freq Support for the BCD325P2 & BCD996P2.
ProScan supports the BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD325P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, SDS100, SDS200, & UBCD3600XLT scanners.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

Made in the USA

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
I think you're right. That's why I tell people not to use Desktop Icons. It should also show in his Start Menu.

So if I got this right, I shouldn't be clicking on the desk top icon? So the scanner isn't being saved nor the communication port. What I'm missing?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
So if I got this right, I shouldn't be clicking on the desk top icon? So the scanner isn't being saved nor the communication port. What I'm missing?

Desktop icon's are shortcuts to the drive letter/folder/executable where they actually exist. They often get confused or orphaned over time due to software patches, modifications, updates, reinstalls, Windows updates, etc. In your situation the desktop icon was created when you originally installed ProScan. Because the ProScan 14.8 beta was just a patch not a total rewrite of the software or that icon. Now 14.8 is out of beta and is a full official release a normal install should recreate the proper icon if needed. In your case I think you may have created a new desktop icon that was linked to the original installation executable rather than the program itself. Maybe the best bet would be to delete your desktop icon and do a fresh installation of ProScan 14.8.

A desktop full of icons can actually make your computer work harder and respond slower just keeping track of them as they use additional resources. This is especially true if you have an older slower computer with minimal memory. If you feel the need to use icons on the desktop you should delete them and recreate them after doing some updates/upgrades etc. That's the best way to keep them relevant to the task at hand.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
There was screen shot when I installed that asked if I wanted desktop icon,i said yes. Might add that the program is running good now.

nick223

Feed Provider
Trying to login to import from RR with proscan and I keep getting this. Any one else having troubles?
5cc855a195d0ef400de3acb1563f8bac.jpg

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Trying to login to import from RR with proscan and I keep getting this. Any one else having troubles?
It works here. I would try again. Did it ever work on your computer? Perhaps a Internet Security program is blocking the connection. If all else fails, I would reboot the router and if still unresolved then reboot the computer.

nick223

Feed Provider
I finally got it to take deleting out my saved credentials and redoing it. I also did a remember me again and logged into test and got the box again after a few tries it took the log in.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I was looking to sort by name under utilities,is there another area this might be located?

You have the right ideal if you want to sort the Favorites. Go to the Utilities -> Sort menu then choose Text Tags and the other options.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
Okay,I must have done something or changed something,cause everything was being saved and the program was running very good,but it's not saving the scanner or the com port.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Okay,I must have done something or changed something,cause everything was being saved and the program was running very good,but it's not saving the scanner or the com port.
Here we go again. This sounds like the same thing you posted in https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/official-software-thread.95044/page-219#post-3104712
I've never seen a problem like this. My guess it's the way you are starting ProScan. Did you read iMONITOR post? https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/official-software-thread.95044/page-219#post-3104777
If so, you didn't provide feedback. Like I said before, you are not putting enough effort into your post so not sure what you are doing.