CaptMike2

There was nothing preventing you from creating your own thread in this here Scanner Programming Software section. There are plenty of individual threads requesting support for ProScan, it just happens that most seem to feel comfortable posting in this long-running thread. I'm sure that you've read at least part of this thread, and can therefore see that the software's author is extremely responsive. Furthermore, the first place to go for support would've been the ProScan website, which has a whole page titled Bug Reporting and Request / Suggestion Guidelines where it gives clear instructions on how to obtain support; posting about issues in the RR forums is optional, quick frankly.

Thanks, Honestly I did not even think about the website. I did read through the posts several times to try and find out if someone else was having a similar issue before posting. As for the website titled Bug Reporting and Request / Suggestion Guidelines I did not feel my situation met those guidelines. But thanks for the suggestions, I will keep that in mind in the future.
PS: what I was suggesting how the Uniden section is broken down into categories, I think that would be nice to have this section broken down by software. That is all. :)

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Any one else having Broadcastify connection issues with Proscan 15.1?

Edit: Never mind I found the problem

Last edited:

mule1075

Feed Provider
There was nothing preventing you from creating your own thread in this here Scanner Programming Software section. There are plenty of individual threads requesting support for ProScan, it just happens that most seem to feel comfortable posting in this long-running thread. I'm sure that you've read at least part of this thread, and can therefore see that the software's author is extremely responsive. Furthermore, the first place to go for support would've been the ProScan website, which has a whole page titled Bug Reporting and Request / Suggestion Guidelines where it gives clear instructions on how to obtain support; posting about issues in the RR forums is optional, quick frankly.
That being said I have not a clue why this thread is not a sticky. Sometimes it does get buried and some do not know it is here. Just because it says Official Thread as said before it can get buried. In my opinion it should be a sticky but that is up to the powers at be. Hopefully everyone had a great weekend.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Totally not intuitive nor in compliance with any Windows Dev GUI standards, resulting in no ability to use the mouse for a basic item like selecting a menu item,

What standard? The menu you're talking about is the scanner menu which is part of an external box, not the GUI menu so not clear on the "standard" part. ProScan GUI tries to emulate the scanner as much as possible.

the most common sense item you'd think would be part of such an expensive piece of software.
We try to make it using common sense. Are you actually making a suggestion to make the virtual display "clickable" similar to how the softkeys are done on the SDSx00 scanners? It sounds like a good ideal. Perhaps down the road. I have a few items I want to get done first.

"expensive" ? I hear 20 times to 1 just the opposite.
{edit} If you want a reduced price, it may be considered but first ask your employer, retirement/pension dept., SS, public housing, or whatever you have for a reduction in pay then I may consider. Just Joking.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I don't consider $100 expensive for Proscan. 2 x $50

After Arc 996, ARC XT, ARC 536 actually surprised ARC 536 wasn't renamed ARC SDS and sold as a new product.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jjbond

Banned
Banned
ProScan GUI tries to emulate the scanner as much as possible.
Oh, good point, which totally slipped my mind, as the actual scanner screen's not a touch screen, if you're emulating the unit as it is, it makes total sense now, and I'm totally mistaken.... and you're right, standards was to strong a word, I meant guidance... but it's your baby and it's awesome just the way it is, so ignore me. ;)

Mouse Input Reference - Windows applications

Following User Interface Guidelines - Windows applications

jjbond

Banned
Banned
"expensive" ? I hear 20 times to 1 just the opposite.
{edit} If you want a reduced price, it may be considered but first ask your employer, retirement/pension dept., SS, public housing, or whatever you have for a reduction in pay then I may consider. Just Joking.
No, you're absolutely right, it was late and I had Proscan confused with Arc536 as I was looking at their prices on Scannermasters web site at the same time that I was beetching and moaning about Proscan, unjustifiably... :cautious:. Proscan is an excellent value, especially with all the updates, I agree.. it's why I bought it (as I won't be doing any streaming stuff which is a huge part of it's appeal), I just wanted a cool looking/performing virtual control panel and some place I could manage my favorites a bit better than Sentinel, thanks.... but who knows, I did happen to get a right angle ethernet cable and a right angle mini USB cable and a Vonets wif-fi ethernet bridge in the mail today so ya never know....

IMG_5014.JPG

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
No, you're absolutely right, it was late and I had Proscan confused with Arc536 as I was looking at their prices on Scannermasters web site at the same time that I was beetching and moaning about Proscan, unjustifiably... :cautious:. Proscan is an excellent value, especially with all the updates, I agree.. it's why I bought it (as I won't be doing any streaming stuff which is a huge part of it's appeal), I just wanted a cool looking/performing virtual control panel and some place I could manage my favorites a bit better than Sentinel, thanks.... but who knows, I did happen to get a right angle ethernet cable and a right angle mini USB cable and a Vonets wif-fi ethernet bridge in the mail today so ya never know....

View attachment 71769

It happens. No problem. Thanks for making it clear now.

da2ricky

is there a way to set the default display & meta data display delay value on web server?

Also, I have a list of Radio ID's saved in a group so they display on my scanner. Adding % to the beginning of the TGID Name allows me to see it in my proscan logs, but it also displays the % on my scanners display... is there a way around this so I can have my cake and eat it to? :)

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
is there a way to set the default display & meta data display delay value on web server?
No option to change the default however there is a file called "Web_Server_User_HTML.htm" for server operators to insert custom html/javascript code. It can be done there with a custom script. If you know html/javascript and how the DOM works or just want to learn, that is the place to do it.

Also, I have a list of Radio ID's saved in a group so they display on my scanner. Adding % to the beginning of the TGID Name allows me to see it in my proscan logs, but it also displays the % on my scanners display... is there a way around this so I can have my cake and eat it to? :)
Negative.

CaptMike2

Having trouble with the Proscan software trial version. About every 24 hours the program crashes (stops responding). This time around I was able to get some details.

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: proscan.exe
Problem Signature 02: 15.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 5cd96c65
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 58e46509
Problem Signature 07: 11f2
Problem Signature 08: 18
Problem Signature 09: System.OutOfMemoryException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Date: 5/31/2019 12:21:04 PM
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Mike64-PC
Description:
The program ProScan.exe version 15.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 2dcc
Start Time: 01d517c1b7360611
Termination Time: 40
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ProScan\ProScan.exe
Report Id: 94ab4ca7-83be-11e9-a0c1-50e549c6b318

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>101</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-05-31T16:21:04.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>1125800</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Mike64-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>ProScan.exe</Data>
<Data>15.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>2dcc</Data>
<Data>01d517c1b7360611</Data>
<Data>40</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\ProScan\ProScan.exe</Data>
<Data>94ab4ca7-83be-11e9-a0c1-50e549c6b318</Data>
<Binary>430072006F00730073002D0074006800720065006100640000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

I am running Windows 7, Intel Core i7-2600k CPU 3.70Ghz, Installed Memory (ram) 16GB 64-bit operating system.

Sorry, this is the only place I could find to get support. I would have thought RR would have given you a section where people could make individual post instead of one long running post. It makes it hard to find information.

I think I may have pinpointed the problem

When I would click on the history logging tab the information would not appear on the screen and the mouse would just sit there and spin until the software became unresponsive. The same thing was happening when clicking on the UID Logging tab. I have not cleared this information since installing the software. Yesterday I removed all entries under both tabs and the software has up and running for 28 hours now.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Lets see BUTEL 1 scanner 1 Software so I have 8 different type Uniden Scanners that would be ARC times 8 even with an average of $40 thats $320 PROSCAN works for all 8 for $50 that is a fair price to me.
Absolutely a good point, that being sad, I thought I'd read that the license we purchase allows for installation on 2 scanners at the same time, sounds like you owe him some money. ;)

Yup, just checked...
  • Each license allows activation on 2 separate computers.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Yup, just checked...

Yep, two computers at the same time with each computer having an 'unlimited' number of scanners and instances of ProScan running on each given computer at the same time. It's the most generous software license I've ever seen.

I have one computer that has 12 Uniden models hooked up and a separate instance of ProScan for each one of those Uniden's. Then on another computer, I have 6 Uniden models all hooked up and controllable with 6 instances of ProScan for each of those radio's.
Of course trying to manage that many radios is near impossible, it does come in very handy when needed for logging purposes where you don't really need to be looking at each instance of ProScan that may be running at any given moment.
All of this is permissible under ProScan's license agreement.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Yep, two computers at the same time with each computer having an 'unlimited' number of scanners and instances of ProScan running on each given computer at the same time.
DAAAAAMNNNNN well now, that's a pretty incredible deal, I didn't see that part..wowza..

One again I apologize for accidently saying it was expensive the other day, that's a pretty incredible deal.

Jen

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Absolutely a good point, that being sad, I thought I'd read that the license we purchase allows for installation on 2 scanners at the same time, sounds like you owe him some money. ;)

Yup, just checked...
Jen I also have 2 sets of license for a total of 4 PC's

CaptMike2

I think I may have pinpointed the problem

When I would click on the history logging tab the information would not appear on the screen and the mouse would just sit there and spin until the software became unresponsive. The same thing was happening when clicking on the UID Logging tab. I have not cleared this information since installing the software. Yesterday I removed all entries under both tabs and the software has up and running for 28 hours now.

Well that did not work. Crashed again 2 more times today with the same error message. I guess I will have to send Bob an email instead.