CaptMike2

How sad. I am probably not getting any help because I am running the trial version of proscan.

I tried Butel software and basically do not like it at all. To me they just changed the title to SDS### and said this software will work and did not even update the manual or add the capabilty to connect to your SDS200 via network.

I plan on buying some software but do not want to pay $50 for software I cannot run.

mule1075

Feed Provider
How sad. I am probably not getting any help because I am running the trial version of proscan.

Not even remotely correct. People running the trial version get the same customer service as people who have bought it and have been running it for years. I would also remind you patience is a good thing to have Bob provides top notch customer service but it can take a little time if he is working on the software or something else in general.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

I tried Butel software and basically do not like it at all. To me they just changed the title to SDS### and said this software will work and did not even update the manual or add the capabilty to connect to your SDS200 via network.

I plan on buying some software but do not want to pay $50 for software I cannot run.

You could of sent me an email. I thought you were going to. It's most difficult and less efficient here. It's like troubleshooting in the dark. A lot of people who had bugs, sent me an email and I sent back test files to gather info and then sent out a final file with the fix. Also it's easy to go back and look at the email thread to refresh my memory. That being said, I'm in the middle of R&D on the next killer feature so I can't send out test files for the next few weeks.

Not even remotely correct. People running the trial version get the same customer service as people who have bought it and have been running it for years. I would also remind you patience is a good thing to have Bob provides top notch customer service but it can take a little time if he is working on the software or something else in general.

Thank you, I think I provide great customer service. Today I corresponded via email with 4 people as soon as I received them I usually respond within 4 hours provide I'm not sleeping. Sometimes it may take longer if I have to do research or away from the office.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I advised you how to get official support for ProScan four days ago. You acknowledged me, then made some odd comment about how you didn't think ProScan crashing was a bug. Okay? Last night you said you were going to finally send Bob an email (the correct way to get support, per the software's website). Apparently you haven't done so, but have come back here to complain again instead? :unsure:

Nogard

We demand hints on what the "next killer feature" is... :)

Thanks for keeping the updates coming; as a new user I'm looking forward to what the future holds!

Keep up the good work.

You could of sent me an email. I thought you were going to. It's most difficult and less efficient here. It's like troubleshooting in the dark. A lot of people who had bugs, sent me an email and I sent back test files to gather info and then sent out a final file with the fix. Also it's easy to go back and look at the email thread to refresh my memory. That being said, I'm in the middle of R&D on the next killer feature so I can't send out test files for the next few weeks.

Thank you, I think I provide great customer service. Today I corresponded via email with 4 people as soon as I received them I usually respond within 4 hours provide I'm not sleeping. Sometimes it may take longer if I have to do research or away from the office.

da2ricky

No option to change the default however there is a file called "Web_Server_User_HTML.htm" for server operators to insert custom html/javascript code. It can be done there with a custom script. If you know html/javascript and how the DOM works or just want to learn, that is the place to do it.

Thank you sir! Throwing the following in let me lock it to 16 seconds by default.

JavaScript:
$("#cb2").val('16').change();

I really didn't care to have the list of parameters field showing either so this took care of that:

JavaScript:
$("tr#tr2-1").eq(3).hide();

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
buddrousa said:
Here is Proscan working you can setup the demo to do the same 16 different scanners just like I am running the paid version.

That's pretty extreme, but I like it. And here I thought I was bad with four or five scanners running at once (and not even on Proscan except for the SDS200) along with a couple of manly Motorola radios.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thank you sir! Throwing the following in let me lock it to 16 seconds by default.

JavaScript:
$("#cb2").val('16').change();

I really didn't care to have the list of parameters field showing either so this took care of that:

JavaScript:
$("tr#tr2-1").eq(3).hide();

It looks great. Glad you knew how and found the file useful.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Just a quick question I hope to get a answer on. I've been interested in getting ProScan but have been holding off due to the fact I still have my AVG Antivirus license that has not yet expired. I know that there are some problems using ProScan with AVG and that is what my question is about.

Are the problems just related to streaming audio when talking about ProScan and AVG? Or are there other issues that ProScan has if you are using AVG? I'm not planning on doing any streaming audio soon, and even when I do, I'm not going to be doing any public feeds. If I do decide to create a private feed it will be likely be after my AVG license has expired.

I'd like to get the software and start learning and using it really soon. But that all depends on whether or not AVG is causing other issues using ProScan.

I'm sure this topic is something that has been talked about but with my vision, or lack of it, and nearly 5,000 replies and posts in this thread,I have not been able to find what I am looking for in regards to this question. So any helpful replies would be greatly appreciated.

And I do have one last question. Can anybody recommend a good antivirus with a firewall that works well with ProScan? I do not want to use Norton or McAfee either. Thank you for any help and any recommendations...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sent using Google Voice to Text. Please excuse any errors I could not see or catch.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

da2ricky

Just a quick question I hope to get a answer on. I've been interested in getting ProScan but have been holding off due to the fact I still have my AVG Antivirus license that has not yet expired. I know that there are some problems using ProScan with AVG and that is what my question is about.

Are the problems just related to streaming audio when talking about ProScan and AVG? Or are there other issues that ProScan has if you are using AVG? I'm not planning on doing any streaming audio soon, and even when I do, I'm not going to be doing any public feeds. If I do decide to create a private feed it will be likely be after my AVG license has expired.

I'd like to get the software and start learning and using it really soon. But that all depends on whether or not AVG is causing other issues using ProScan.

I'm sure this topic is something that has been talked about but with my vision, or lack of it, and nearly 5,000 replies and posts in this thread,I have not been able to find what I am looking for in regards to this question. So any helpful replies would be greatly appreciated.

And I do have one last question. Can anybody recommend a good antivirus with a firewall that works well with ProScan? I do not want to use Norton or McAfee either. Thank you for any help and any recommendations...

Sent using Google Voice to Text. Please excuse any errors I could not see or catch.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

I'm willing to bet if you create an exclusion for the entire ProScan folder, or at least the ProScan.exe, it'd probably work without issue.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I'm willing to bet if you create an exclusion for the entire ProScan folder, or at least the ProScan.exe, it'd probably work without issue.
Thank you for your reply. I'm still morning to know for sure if possible and Bob had said that AVG cannot be used with the software in the past and that AVG had even been advised of the issue but never did anything about it. If anyone has been able to do what you talking about so, then that would be great. I've made some exclusions in older versions of AVG before but it always concerns me when I do that. I had a problem about 6 or 7 years ago after doing that in my AVG firewall and I never really did find out if it was something else causing the problem or the software that I head just more or less told AVG to bypass. I went back and change that exclusion at the time in the problem still persisted but that still did not mean that the software, and I can't even remember what it was, and me excluding it was not the start of the problems I was having. So wound up reinstalling my OS and setting the computer back to factory mode at the time and things did start working right again. It takes me so long to be able to do this stuff nowadays that I'm very leery to do something that could result in a lot of extra work in time for me. But I do appreciate your reply and it's something to consider...

Brian (COMMSCAN)

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
If you're running Windows 10 you do not need AVG or any other anti-virus-malware utilities. Just use Windows Security that comes with Win-10, that's all you need.
I do have Windows 10 on a new computer I got of course but one of these two computers I'll be putting it on is running Windows 7 Home Premium. Since I'm legally blind I know that I can still get Windows 10 on that computer for free. And since Windows 7 will no longer be supported after January of next year, that might be my best bet in updating it. There's a lot I don't like about Windows 10 from the experience I've had with it but I also don't want to get stuck with an older OS that's not being supported anymore. I don't know a whole lot about the Windows 10 anti virus protection at this point and I've not even set up the computer I got just yet. I'm not sure if it comes with a firewall or not either? Thank you for your reply.

Brian (COMMSCAN)