Hillside1

Premium Subscriber
Am I doing something wrong?? Can't figure out why I can't record the nearby P25 system using a BCD536HP. My input sound device is URL. . I have the record button pressed. When a talkgroup starts I can see the audio level meter bouncing up and down. The Recorder history row lights up red as if it's recording and I can hear the audio through the computer's speakers when using Loopback in the Monitor & Test tab. When I try to playback the row lights up green briefly and switches to blue and doesn't play. I switched over to an analog set of frequencies and it records those just fine.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Am I doing something wrong?? Can't figure out why I can't record the nearby P25 system using a BCD536HP. My input sound device is URL. . I have the record button pressed. When a talkgroup starts I can see the audio level meter bouncing up and down. The Recorder history row lights up red as if it's recording and I can hear the audio through the computer's speakers when using Loopback in the Monitor & Test tab. When I try to playback the row lights up green briefly and switches to blue and doesn't play. I switched over to an analog set of frequencies and it records those just fine.

I'm not sure why. If you would send me an email, I will send you test files so I can see what's happening and send you the fix if needed.

JohnSC

Premium Subscriber
SDS200 monitor display has frozen. Windows 10 update last night may be involved. I also updated the Nvidia DCH driver. Ran fine overnight and I was setting up in Discovery mode when it froze. I've rebooted the PC, the software and turned the SDS200 off and back on. Screengrab attached. Everything else works fine -- I can control the SDS200 but it does not display on the PC.

I was using the scanner's screen colors and changed back to Proscan.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
SDS200 monitor display has frozen. Windows 10 update last night may be involved. I also updated the Nvidia DCH driver. Ran fine overnight and I was setting up in Discovery mode when it froze. I've rebooted the PC, the software and turned the SDS200 off and back on. Screengrab attached. Everything else works fine -- I can control the SDS200 but it does not display on the PC.

Go to the Test & Extras tab then uncheck the "Virtual Display Test" option.

Last edited:

JohnSC

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. And on Sunday. Now that's customer service. Now I get to tell you how much I love this software. Favorite features? Being able to edit the Favorites List and upload the changes over the home network. No more fooling with that micro USB cable. I do have to turn the radio off and back on and sometimes reconnect the URL audio. Minor stuff in the grand scheme of things.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I am new to using Proscan for the BCD436HP, and using service types. Where do the service types need to be turned on or enabled in Proscan? Also where do I enable or disable the range function, or do I need it turned on all the time. I am going to be using favorites lists 99.9% of the time. I may rarely or never use the zip code function.

Thanks

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi, I am new to using Proscan for the BCD436HP, and using service types. Where do the service types need to be turned on or enabled in Proscan? Also where do I enable or disable the range function, or do I need it turned on all the time. I am going to be using favorites lists 99.9% of the time. I may rarely or never use the zip code function.

Thanks
Use the Sentinel Profile Editor for that. ProScan doesn't have profile editor as that would be 100% duplication that couldn't be improved on so I could spend time in other areas.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Folks, I need testers for the next version of ProScan.

This version is called 14.2 Preview 1. It should be production quality.
  • Added - Options to disable the logging grids.
  • Improved - BCD536HP & SDS200 Audio Wi-Fi/LAN connection.
  • Fixed - MP3 recordings was creating multiple rows when shouldn't and not recording audio under certain conditions.
  • Fixed - Recorder options MP3 ID3v2 and WAV tags when off was writing the tags to the recording files.
  • Fixed - Source Client Current Listeners stopped working when connected to Broadcastify.
  • Fixed - Set Scanner Clock (on supported models) was causing problems when used in the RSOIP Client mode.
Unzip and copy the files over the original. Stop ProScan first.

I'm most interested in these area:
  1. One person is seeing lockups/program not responding messages when using the Web Server. I'm unable to duplicate problem. I want to see how wide of a problem this is.
  2. One person is reporting the recorder is not recording P25 systems. The recorder is not based on type of system. I'm unable to duplicate problem.
  3. The connection to the audio Wi-Fi/LAN has been greatly improved. I just need verification.
  4. Need verification that the Source Client is stable and stays connected to Broadcastify, Icecast, & Shoutcast servers.
  5. There was a memory leak. You may have seen an exemption error window popup showing "Out of Memory" when executing the WriteFiles method. I rewrote that method so just need verification.
Send me any bug reports or post here your findings.
Thanks

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
How do I read my favorites from my SDS200 over the LAN port? I can connect to the radio, my display updates, but when I try and put the scanner into mass storage mode, it just resets the scanner. Should I be able to just press "Scanner Read" and "Send MSM Command to Scanner"? or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Jerry

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
How do I read my favorites from my SDS200 over the LAN port? I can connect to the radio, my display updates, but when I try and put the scanner into mass storage mode, it just resets the scanner. Should I be able to just press "Scanner Read" and "Send MSM Command to Scanner"? or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Jerry

It sounds like you don't have the Micro USB cable connected. It's needed for the Mass Storage Mode. An alternative is the FTP Scanner Read mode which doesn't require the Micro USB cable, just the Ethernet cable. That requires the scanner FTP Read Only Account setup.

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
You are right - I was using the LAN port. The scanner manual will tell me how to setup an FTP Read Only Account? Or is that done through ProScan?

Jerry

da2ricky

I've just installed 14.2 Preview 1 and I'm using a BCD996P2. Will report any issues. First thing I've noticed is that once installed, it says VERSION 15.2 PREVIEW 1.

One person is seeing lockups/program not responding messages when using the Web Server. I'm unable to duplicate problem. I want to see how wide of a problem this is.

- Working fine for me so far.

One person is reporting the recorder is not recording P25 systems. The recorder is not based on type of system. I'm unable to duplicate problem.

- Working fine for me.

There was a memory leak. You may have seen an exemption error window popup showing "Out of Memory" when executing the WriteFiles method. I rewrote that method so just need verification

- I noticed this in the last version but never could figure out if it was TwoToneDetect or ProScan. It usually takes a solid day before I notice abnormal memory consumption so I'll keep an eye on it.

Last edited:

crazzycatman

Premium Subscriber
I thoroughly enjoy your software, and would like to know if this is possible.

When in History logging mode i would like to add the SITE tab from the UID logging tab to the history logging tab. Is this doable? I would like this available to easier see if i can delete some sites from my programming. Thanks for your time.
Chris.

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
I know there are many listeners in the Cleveland Area. Would anyone have a UID file for an SDS200 they would like to share?

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
And.... I just purchased my ProScan license. $50.00??? I would have paid you twice that much. I've paid twice that much for less functionality, less support, and very quirky software. Keep up the good work Bob!

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
Never mind on the UID file. The Wiki has more information that I thought. Thanks anyway. If someone would like my UID file, just let me know.

Jerry

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I thoroughly enjoy your software, and would like to know if this is possible.

When in History logging mode i would like to add the SITE tab from the UID logging tab to the history logging tab. Is this doable? I would like this available to easier see if i can delete some sites from my programming. Thanks for your time.
Chris.

No, sorry. Not at this time.
If this is a suggestion it will be several months before I can evaluate this. I'm working many hours a day on ProScan and RadioFeed and just don't have the time now.