ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
5,235
Location
Ontario, Calif.
ProScan Version 1.7 Build 2 includes the RadioReference Imports feature, improved Scanner Over IP, and bug fixes.

Supported scanners are the BCD996T, BC796D, BC785D, BC780XLT, BC296D, and the BC250D.

I'm thriving to make this the best Computer Aided Scanning program and suggestions are very much appreciated.

http://www.proscan.org/index.htm

Bob
 

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
5,235
Location
Ontario, Calif.
No it is online registration and deregistering.
Did you look in your Spam folder?
He may have missed it changing Domains and Servers. Try to resend it to support@proscan.org
It could have been when I was working on the mail server. I cleared my Spam and Trash folders a few days ago so I couldn't see if I received an email from him or if I sent one to him.
 

JamesWest

Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2021
Messages
147
Reaction score
84
Yeah, it'll work.

I have a BCD996P2 in the vehicle with Close Call on all the time and it hardly gets anything. When it does it's kinda annoying sometimes due to digital data or whatever so I have to try and lock it out while driving. And for me, I personally don't drive and use a cellphone - and try and make coffee... In other words, my hands are always on the wheel because I know it takes just a second. I even pull over to use a cellphone. I'm very paranoid about that. I've been in a car accident of no fault of my own and it's no joke. I shouldn't even be here...

So yeah, it'll work, but can be distracting at times. I even picked up someone's home Ham repeater on 1.25 meters.

I'm not familiar with the SDS line of scanners, but if they're like the P2's go to the settings and find the "Tone/Code Search" option in Close Call and turn it off. If for example it's set to NAC/CC/RAN/Area, Close Call will ONLY Close Call capture on a digital transmissions. Like wise, if it's on CTCSS/DCS it will ONLY capture analog and not digital. So with it off you get the best of both modulation schemes minus the ability to see a subcode. Whether that be analog or digital voice.
thank you for this detailed reply. you answered a lot of questions. you are very right about the distraction. i plan to just collect frequencies and review them later. maybe just keep the audio turned down.
 

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
5,235
Location
Ontario, Calif.
Hi Bob, I didn't re-install the program. But the SDS200 is working without the Com port showing. I did have some Uniden files in the One Drive folder and moved them to C: Documents.
I'm not following. What exactly is not working in ProScan now? I know you mentiond it in your OP but just in case the symptoms changed.
 

Nascar18

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
455
Reaction score
175
Location
Southeast Massachusetts
When starting ProScan for my 996P2 I will see the com port setting. When running the SDS200 I get no com port and when I look in device manager the Com ports are not active. I don't know how ProScan is working , I can send and read from the SDS200.
 

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
5,235
Location
Ontario, Calif.
When starting ProScan for my 996P2 I will see the com port setting. When running the SDS200 I get no com port and when I look in device manager the Com ports are not active. I don't know how ProScan is working , I can send and read from the SDS200.
So you are using trying to get the virtual display, and logging working. Is that correct? Is the scanner in Serial Port mode and not Mass Storal mode? Did you power cycling the scanner?
 

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
5,235
Location
Ontario, Calif.
No, just scanner read and write. On the virtual display page com port closed , port none.
OK, you are trying to use ProScan to read and write the favorites. Then you say " I can send and read from the SDS200."
Is that using ProScan or Sentinel?

Go back to my posting and answer my question.
 

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
5,235
Location
Ontario, Calif.
That's using the ProScan.
Am I the only one confused?
[I wrote] So you are using trying to get the virtual display, and logging working. Is that correct?
[You wrote] No, just scanner read and write.
[You wrote] I can send and read from the SDS200." That's using the ProScan.

Can you provide some screenshots so we can be on the same page.
 
Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
5,235
Location
Ontario, Calif.
When doing the read and write to the SDS200 . I don't have the com port showing,
I said in an earlier port that the com port is not used when writing and reading the favorites. The com port or serial port is only used when using the virtual display, and logging. Sentinel doesn't use the serial port because it doesn't have a virtual display, and logging.
 
Top