ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm running the trial version v 4.1.0 Pro.

I am feeding the scanner audio into the Line-In input of my SB Live sound card. Input it working ok as I am able to hear the audio perfectly on the PC speakers.

When I go to Audio Control for Remote Scanner Over IP the audio level is so low you can't hear anything. For some reason the Line-In is extremely low to the ProScan software. I have the sliders set to MAX on the settings page, but the sound bars barely move.

I have Input Sound Device set to "SB Live! Wave Device" and mixer volume for Line-In at max setting.

As for the client connection it connects ok, but with little or no audio since the audio input doesn't seem to be working right.

Any suggestions from someone who might have had a similar problem? I'm running on Windows XP sp3.

It sounds like the Wave control in the Windows Mixer is set low. Is there a control marked "Wave" or "Wave In" or something similar? It should be located on the recording side but I have seen it located on the playback side. If that doesn't do it, for troubleshooting purposes I would turn up the other controls on the recording and playback side.

If you still can't get the audio up then I can send you a ProScan test file that increases the Mixer Wave In to 100%.

Last edited:

jdacal

Hi Bob, thanks for taking the time to reply so quickly.

I went into control panel and Wave was at maximum. While there I turned on every available slider for both playback and recording and maxed and unmuted them. Same thing, audio input to ProScan is still way low, meters barely register it.

I'm going to assume its a mixer problem with this card since its really old and no longer supported by Creative. I went to Creative and it shows I have the latest drivers, which are pretty old.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

I went into control panel and Wave was at maximum. While there I turned on every available slider for both playback and recording and maxed and unmuted them. Same thing, audio input to ProScan is still way low, meters barely register it.

I'm going to assume its a mixer problem with this card since its really old and no longer supported by Creative. I went to Creative and it shows I have the latest drivers, which are pretty old.

I've been looking at this. For the heck of it, try this Micrrosoft site:
It's for playback but may work for the recording side too.
Troubleshoot Audio Problems in Windows

Select -"Audio Playback quality problems"
At the bottom of the page, select "No, It did not fix my problem". You will be taken to a Run diagnostics screen and select "Run Now".

I will continue to research this.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber

What OS, scanner, which output from the scanner are you using (if not a portable), and what's the volume level on the scanner set to? I had the same issues a long time ago and after tweaking and playing around with settings I have it sounding pretty good.

jdacal

What OS, scanner, which output from the scanner are you using (if not a portable), and what's the volume level on the scanner set to? I had the same issues a long time ago and after tweaking and playing around with settings I have it sounding pretty good.

Hi Mike, I posted those earlier, but like you, I got it fixed already.

I was focusing more on the playback sliders in the mixer. After going back a few more times to the recording sliders I realized that even though the line-in slider was maxed, there was a little check box that says "select" that I had not checked off. Took care of it, works like a charm now! Definitely buying ProScan now, going to add some value to my Netbook when I travel. :)

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber

I was focusing more on the playback sliders in the mixer. After going back a few more times to the recording sliders I realized that even though the line-in slider was maxed, there was a little check box that says "select" that I had not checked off. Took care of it, works like a charm now! Definitely buying ProScan now, going to add some value to my Netbook when I travel. :)

Great. Bob's good about fixing things and giving help when he can.

digitalca

Proscan serving.

I want to open a site in my area and use proscan.

I know some sites still use the arc blah and encoder setup for showing people what channel the scanner stops on. That setup is a pain in the rear and arc is such a nasty software. I rather use proscan and let people use clients.

Since I have limited bandwidth here at my house but have a server on a rack at a hosting site I was wondering how I could transfer the load to it. Is there a way to setup proscan on my local machine to feed a server on the net some where? I know for just plain jane mp3 I could use shoutcast or something but I would like to give people the option to use the nice proscan client.

I noticed the client software has a server button but when i select it then it does nothing. Can I run just a full version on the remote server then have people connect to it and then it connects to my local?

I want to do this badly but I cant take a huge hit locally and have all the bandwidth in the word on my remote server. I been having 5 to 10 people connect local and I notice the hit and then they start lagging too.

Since I am in a mnt location I can get a ton of signals in my area and up to almost 300 miles away. I love to share with people who aren't as lucky. If I can get this to work right I wouldn't mind finding a few more bct780's to toss up

Any help or tweaker schooling would help lol

Thank you.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Glad it's working. It's good to know for anyone else having problems with the mixer.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I want to open a site in my area and use proscan.

I know some sites still use the arc blah and encoder setup for showing people what channel the scanner stops on. That setup is a pain in the rear and arc is such a nasty software. I rather use proscan and let people use clients.

Since I have limited bandwidth here at my house but have a server on a rack at a hosting site I was wondering how I could transfer the load to it. Is there a way to setup proscan on my local machine to feed a server on the net some where? I know for just plain jane mp3 I could use shoutcast or something but I would like to give people the option to use the nice proscan client.

I noticed the client software has a server button but when i select it then it does nothing. Can I run just a full version on the remote server then have people connect to it and then it connects to my local?

I want to do this badly but I cant take a huge hit locally and have all the bandwidth in the word on my remote server. I been having 5 to 10 people connect local and I notice the hit and then they start lagging too.

Since I am in a mnt location I can get a ton of signals in my area and up to almost 300 miles away. I love to share with people who aren't as lucky. If I can get this to work right I wouldn't mind finding a few more bct780's to toss up

Any help or tweaker schooling would help lol

Thank you.

This is interesting. I don't know how but maybe someone very internet savy can chime in.

I'll keep this in mine and do some research when I have time.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
New registered owner !

So far I am very happy with the latest version of ProScan 4.1.0. My setup is BCD396XT with a USB-1 programming cable running on a netbook. I like the flexibility of a mobile shack, and the wife does too.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
So far I am very happy with the latest version of ProScan 4.1.0. My setup is BCD396XT with a USB-1 programming cable running on a netbook. I like the flexibility of a mobile shack, and the wife does too.

I’m pleased that that you like it and my pleasure making ProScan.

Next release is just around the corner.

K7CAR

I’m pleased that that you like it and my pleasure making ProScan.

Next release is just around the corner.

I'm running it on my BCT15X and newly acquired 346xt. Both work great! Like the ability to run multiple radios at once. Bob, any hints on what we can expect with the new release? Thanks for the great software.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm running it on my BCT15X and newly acquired 346xt. Both work great! Like the ability to run multiple radios at once. Bob, any hints on what we can expect with the new release? Thanks for the great software.

Version 4.2.0 should be ready in about a week or two. It has the following:
• Added - History and Recording column resize and reorder capable
• Added - Web Server - IP addresses logged to Web Server Log.txt
• Added - DMA portable scanner type - Put back in the Function Hold button on the virtual keypad
• Added - Web Server and ScanCast - Added Unit ID's to the custom format of the metadata
• Added - Web Server and ScanCast - Added option to get data from a file for the metadata
• Changed - History logging consolidated the Frequency and Talk Group ID grids
• Changed - DMA DB - Only show the "Save Current Data" when the file closes if the data has changes
• Changed - Web Server and ScanCast - Changed the method of streaming tags to the in-band method on IceCast servers. WinAmp now shows the tags instantly.
• Fixed - UID was showing only six digits instead of seven

K7CAR

Thanks for the update and all your efforts. The Func Hold button will be an added benefit. That's been a question I was meaning to ask on the Support Forum. I haven't been able to lock the Func. on. This should take care of that.

Any look at adding keyboard control (spacebar)of start-stop scan? So many times I have to scramble and grab the mouse or scanner when I hear some thing interesting. Be nice to hit the spacebar and instantly stop scanning. That would be a great option to have mobile too if you don't have quick access to your radio.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update and all your efforts. The Func Hold button will be an added benefit. That's been a question I was meaning to ask on the Support Forum. I haven't been able to lock the Func. on. This should take care of that.

Any look at adding keyboard control (spacebar)of start-stop scan? So many times I have to scramble and grab the mouse or scanner when I hear some thing interesting. Be nice to hit the spacebar and instantly stop scanning. That would be a great option to have mobile too if you don't have quick access to your radio.

The keyboard shortcuts are sc heduled for a upcoming release. I will be doing more then just the spacebar and want to spend time on it to do it right.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Suggestion for a future release - proxy server support for RR imports. I sit behind a proxy server here at work, so I was unable to do any RR imports from here because (as far as I can tell anyway) there's no place to enter my proxy address, username and password.

Looks good though. I used to write scanner software myself so I know how much work goes into these things and you've certainly put a lot of time and effort into this program. Well worth the asking price considering the number of scanners it can support (versus a certain OTHER software which makes you buy a different version for EACH SCANNER.....;))

-AZ

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Suggestion for a future release - proxy server support for RR imports. I sit behind a proxy server here at work, so I was unable to do any RR imports from here because (as far as I can tell anyway) there's no place to enter my proxy address, username and password.

Looks good though. I used to write scanner software myself so I know how much work goes into these things and you've certainly put a lot of time and effort into this program. Well worth the asking price considering the number of scanners it can support (versus a certain OTHER software which makes you buy a different version for EACH SCANNER.....;))

-AZ

RR import does work with proxy servers just like the browser works as long as the server is on port 80 which RR is on.
Do you have the proxy address setup in the OS "Iternet Options" under the LAN settings?

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Version 4.2.0 should be ready in about a week or two. It has the following:
• Added - History and Recording column resize and reorder capable
• Added - Web Server - IP addresses logged to Web Server Log.txt
• Added - DMA portable scanner type - Put back in the Function Hold button on the virtual keypad
• Added - Web Server and ScanCast - Added Unit ID's to the custom format of the metadata
• Added - Web Server and ScanCast - Added option to get data from a file for the metadata
• Changed - History logging consolidated the Frequency and Talk Group ID grids
• Changed - DMA DB - Only show the "Save Current Data" when the file closes if the data has changes
• Changed - Web Server and ScanCast - Changed the method of streaming tags to the in-band method on IceCast servers. WinAmp now shows the tags instantly.
• Fixed - UID was showing only six digits instead of seven
Whoot.

It will be nice to be able to have some different titles for the tags rather then whats programmed in the scanner. Sure it makes sense to be to see like 2ops37 but others may not know where that is.