ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
1. I have large base of folks who want to listen to the scanner in my area... They recently changed the system in our county and need a feed.

2. As I explained, the resources being utilized is minimal, a server would be a complete waste.

3. I suspect it is a problem with the web services within ProScan when displaying the scanner and the updates to it. I have created a separate HTML page with a simply player that points back to the audio feed only. This has seem to have eliminated the problem.

4. I would like to work with the ProScan developer to scrub this performance issue.

I still haven't receive an email. I would like to ask questions and send you test files to see where the problem is, if any.

slylingus

Quick post
Running ProScan 15.1
On Windows 10 - 64 bit windows updated a few days ago for me.

I stream to broadcastify with source client and since this windows update ProScan source client shows zero listeners.
and has done since this windows update, The broadcastify website shows listener count.
Tried to Reboot system a couple of times.
A small problem somewhere, just wondering if any one has reported this?
No i didn't any read part posts in this thread
FYI
Cheers

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Quick post
Running ProScan 15.1
On Windows 10 - 64 bit windows updated a few days ago for me.

I stream to broadcastify with source client and since this windows update ProScan source client shows zero listeners.
and has done since this windows update, The broadcastify website shows listener count.
Tried to Reboot system a couple of times.
A small problem somewhere, just wondering if any one has reported this?
No i didn't any read part posts in this thread
FYI
Cheers

AOR1000XLT

Hi, I have a problem with my proscan, I used it for a long time. yesterday I moved my pc and it turned off by accident. all my proscan's settings were gone. I put all settings back but I don't have any output sound, only capture. I tried looking at the guide to configure sound (it was my problem last time it happend) where it tells me to change my URL Setup to a correct ip adress. I did it and still only capture but no output sound.

Proscan also doesn't appear on my audio mixer. (using windows 7).
Anyone had this problem or have any solution?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi, I have a problem with my proscan, I used it for a long time. yesterday I moved my pc and it turned off by accident. all my proscan's settings were gone. I put all settings back but I don't have any output sound, only capture. I tried looking at the guide to configure sound (it was my problem last time it happend) where it tells me to change my URL Setup to a correct ip adress. I did it and still only capture but no output sound.

Proscan also doesn't appear on my audio mixer. (using windows 7).
Anyone had this problem or have any solution?

What type of scanner? If BCD536HP or SDS 200, did you power cycle the scanner?
If other then make sure the correct scanner type is selected so you will not be prompted for the IP address.
Make sure the correct Sound Input Device is selected. If you do not see the correct Sound Input Device then Windows is not reporting it to ProScan and in that case check that the Sound Input Device is enabled in Windows.

AOR1000XLT

What type of scanner? If BCD536HP or SDS 200, did you power cycle the scanner?
If other then make sure the correct scanner type is selected so you will not be prompted for the IP address.
Make sure the correct Sound Input Device is selected. If you do not see the correct Sound Input Device then Windows is not reporting it to ProScan and in that case check that the Sound Input Device is enabled in Windows.

It's BCD536HP, It's the correct scanner in type section.
Sound Output Device is right. I only receive capture sound.
Overall Output sound works well on other programs.

It's odd that proscan isnt even appearing in audio mixer, is it supposed to be like that?
I tried also updating my audio driver no change.
Do you mean enabling input or output?

You think re-downloading proscan will solve this?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It's BCD536HP, It's the correct scanner in type section.
Sound Output Device is right. I only receive capture sound.
Overall Output sound works well on other programs.

It's odd that proscan isnt even appearing in audio mixer, is it supposed to be like that?
I tried also updating my audio driver no change.
Do you mean enabling input or output?

You think re-downloading proscan will solve this?

I think I misunderstood your post. If you want audio on the output side then check that the Loopback box is checked in the Monitor & Test tab.
Also check that the Output Sound Device is selected.

AOR1000XLT

I think I misunderstood your post. If you want audio on the output side then check that the Loopback box is checked in the Monitor & Test tab.
Also check that the Output Sound Device is selected.

You my friend, are a genius. solved.

starneml

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a BCD536HP.

It works great, ProScan works great. Except for one thing.
After a few hours I lose audio and have to Reconnect.
I am using WiFi and the following URL: rtsp://192.168.1.146/au:scanner.au

I can reconnect and it works fine for a few hours... I check it the next day, and it doesn't say its not connected, but the Bytes RX and TX are not counting. I click Reconnect and it immediately reconnects and all is well for a while until I have to repeat.

The remote display never goes away, it is always showing the proper screen.
ProScan does recognize there is a transmission, and tries to record (I have lots of zero byte mp3 files)

I have tried No KeepAlive, Keep Alive Method 1 and 2 and no change in behavior.

Any thoughts on what it could be or any remediation steps?

Thanks
Mark

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a BCD536HP.

It works great, ProScan works great. Except for one thing.
After a few hours I lose audio and have to Reconnect.
I am using WiFi and the following URL: rtsp://192.168.1.146/au:scanner.au

I can reconnect and it works fine for a few hours... I check it the next day, and it doesn't say its not connected, but the Bytes RX and TX are not counting. I click Reconnect and it immediately reconnects and all is well for a while until I have to repeat.

The remote display never goes away, it is always showing the proper screen.

I have tried No KeepAlive, Keep Alive Method 1 and 2 and no change in behavior.

Any thoughts on what it could be or any remediation steps?

Thanks
Mark
ProScan does recognize there is a transmission, and tries to record (I have lots of zero byte mp3 files)
This is fixed. It will be in the next release.

On the W-Fi problem, may want to check for Wi-Fi interference . Also insure not running AVG anti-virus software as that will break the audio TCP connection to the scanner.

{edit} Also for a test, power cycle the scanner to see if the audio starts up again automatically. It should.

starneml

Premium Subscriber
On the W-Fi problem, may want to check for Wi-Fi interference . Also insure not running AVG anti-virus software as that will break the audio TCP connection to the scanner.
Thanks -- Am running Avast Anti-Virus, any reports of Avast causing issues?
Seems odd that the Remote display stays current, but the audio drops out.
The Rx Bytes is always a very large number (I never wrote it down, but it seems like it works for hours).

Too bad there isn't something that I can hook up to make it a hardwired connection and not WiFI :) Or is there?

Thanks
Mark

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
On the W-Fi problem, may want to check for Wi-Fi interference.
Unfortunately, as noted in my email the other day, this is not just a WiFi issue. The same thing is happening with the SDS200 when hardwired directly to the router. :(

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks -- Am running Avast Anti-Virus, any reports of Avast causing issues?
Seems odd that the Remote display stays current, but the audio drops out.
The Rx Bytes is always a very large number (I never wrote it down, but it seems like it works for hours).

Too bad there isn't something that I can hook up to make it a hardwired connection and not WiFI :) Or is there?

Thanks
Mark

It's not really odd when the audio goes down and the display stays up because the display doesn't use TCP.
I'm unaware of Avast Anti-Virus causing problems but for a test try disabling it to see what happens.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, as noted in my email the other day, this is not just a WiFi issue. The same thing is happening with the SDS200 when hardwired directly to the router. :(

True but I have only seen a few cases of the SDS200 LAN versus many with the BCD536HP Wi-Fi.
For a test, see if it happens with VLC.

Last edited:

starneml

Premium Subscriber
It's not really odd when the audio goes down and the display stays up because the display doesn't use TCP.
I'm unaware of Avast Anti-Virus causing problems but for a test try disabling it to see what happens.
Ahh -- ok :)

Yes, I have disabled it for now and will see if its still working in the morning.

Thanks