ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Advance apologies if this isn't the right place. I just purchased ProScan yesterday. I've got most of it working great. However, if I'm connected to the computer hosting ProScan via RDP (on the same LAN) is there a way to pipe the scanner's audio to my client computer? I've tried to connect the Ext. Sp. output to the input of the host computer. Then I'm connecting to that host computer from the client computer via RDP. But I'm not getting any audio. My scanner is a Uniden BC785D.

Are we talking the RSOIP feature or another feature?
First determine if it's the server or client side. It sounds to me like the problem is on the server side.
Are you using the mic or line input?
Does the Win Mixer show audio?
Is the Win Mixer Mic or Line In (depending on what you are using) enabled?
Is the level control left or right channel (depending on what you are using) at 100% on ProScan server side?
Do you see audio in the Audio Control tab on the server side?

WiFiNetGuy

Premium Subscriber
Well, I did a little experiment. Connected via RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) and I don't get any audio. However, if I connect via TeamViewer, I get the audio piped to the client computer that I'm on. So, it's something with RDP that isn't allowing the audio to come over.

XPS720

Premium Subscriber
I use this program for my BCD536HP and my New SDS200 and I like the way it looks. Only problem is ,and hope someone can help. If I shut both down on the program. How can I get both to log back on with it original history log? I seem to get the same history log on both.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I use this program for my BCD536HP and my New SDS200 and I like the way it looks. Only problem is ,and hope someone can help. If I shut both down on the program. How can I get both to log back on with it original history log? I seem to get the same history log on both.

It sounds like you are running both instances from the same folder. Each instance needs to be in its own folder.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Well, I did a little experiment. Connected via RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) and I don't get any audio. However, if I connect via TeamViewer, I get the audio piped to the client computer that I'm on. So, it's something with RDP that isn't allowing the audio to come over.

I don't know as that more of a RDP question and not ProScan. Unless I'm misunderstanding.

x-wb6bdq

Premium Subscriber
I have a simulcast issue in my area and am considering upgrading to the SDS200. I wonder if there is a way to connect the audio feed from the SDS200 through my LAN/usb through my computer to my iphone? My computer is a desktop model and is always connected to the LAN so running proscan is not an issue. I do not need to listen to the scanner when my iphone is not connected to the LAN.

nick223

Feed Provider
I've been getting Error Code 10 something about transferring data with version 15.3 started last night and just happened again. It will not connect to broadcaisty even after trying to disconnect and re connect to the sever. When it try's to auto connect it wont connect either. I have to close proscan out and open it back up again

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've been getting Error Code 10 something about transferring data with version 15.3 started last night and just happened again. It will not connect to broadcaisty even after trying to disconnect and re connect to the sever. When it try's to auto connect it wont connect either.
The Source Client can't connect to the server for some reason. It could be a cable, router port, ISP, far end, etc.. Next time it happens, use a tool called PingPlotter to isolate the problem. I never used it but seen people using it and traced it to the ISP. I've also seen people view router logs and found a bad router port that way.

I have to close proscan out and open it back up again
I'm not aware of this problem at this time. It could be coincidence that the connection came up at same time or when closing ProScan, something got bumped.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
I too have noticed the error code 10 but mine does auto reconnect normally with the first try (10 sec). I didn't have a problem before I updated. if I catch it while it errors out I will do a ping test. Just a FYI

XPS720

Premium Subscriber
Can someone show me either on a video or text how to launch separate scanners on this ProScan? I have BCD5365HP and SDS200 and when I turn off the program the history log of the BCD536HP shows up on my SDS200 history log and I lose the one on my SDS200. I have 2 separate folders for history log and named BCD536HP on one and SDS200 on other folder.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Can someone show me either on a video or text how to launch separate scanners on this ProScan? I have BCD5365HP and SDS200 and when I turn off the program the history log of the BCD536HP shows up on my SDS200 history log and I lose the one on my SDS200. I have 2 separate folders for history log and named BCD536HP on one and SDS200 on other folder.

It sounds like it's just a manner of going into the Options -> Logging then click the button "History File Location". Change the location to the same folder that the running instance is in.

I seem to be having a problem with Recording. During scan it is not recording . During a Custom scan it does record. In History Log it shows both the recordings and non recorded audio. This worked until the recent update 15.3. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I seem to be having a problem with Recording. During scan it is not recording . During a Custom scan it does record. In History Log it shows both the recordings and non recorded audio. This worked until the recent update 15.3. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Need more info

What's the scanner type?
Using PCM or mp3 format?
What's the last version that worked?
Is it happening on conventional, trunk, or both types of systems?
Does the Recording grid show any entries and just the file will not play?

If you are using mp3, try PCM or visa-versa. Advise on the results.
Can you revert to the last version that worked to verify it's a ProScan problem.

What's the scanner type?
Using PCM or mp3 format?
What's the last version that worked?
Is it happening on conventional, trunk, or both types of systems?
Does the Recording grid show any entries and just the file will not play?

If you are using mp3, try PCM or visa-versa. Advise on the results.
Can you revert to the last version that worked to verify it's a ProScan problem.
Scanner BCD996P2
mp3 format
both types of systems, If I do a Custom Search it records
The recording Grid shows a few but when you play back a 10 second recording takes a second from start to finish.
I noticed the recordings will start after I already heard audio from the scanner.
I need to check it out some more .