ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Chris0516

Yocuz

Premium Subscriber
I just switched computer for my setup.

I have two BCT15X units, running two instances of BCT15x on one machine. For purpose of this conversation. Lets call one green and one blue.

Both the green and blue instances are set to recorder "ACTIVITIY & SKIP SILENCE".

I have one usb audio device with green inputting LEFT AUDIO and blue inputting RIGHT AUDIO. Both instances have the right and left routing set approriately and the audio is passing from the scanner through the proscan instance and out the laptop speakers.

The skip threshold bar is set and the audio level is above, but not audio logging is taking place on wither instance.

I am running 18.3.1

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I just switched computer for my setup.

I have two BCT15X units, running two instances of BCT15x on one machine. For purpose of this conversation. Lets call one green and one blue.

Both the green and blue instances are set to recorder "ACTIVITIY & SKIP SILENCE".

I have one usb audio device with green inputting LEFT AUDIO and blue inputting RIGHT AUDIO. Both instances have the right and left routing set approriately and the audio is passing from the scanner through the proscan instance and out the laptop speakers.

The skip threshold bar is set and the audio level is above, but not audio logging is taking place on wither instance.

I am running 18.3.1
Is the Recorder on? For a test, switch to VOX mode and then see if the recordings show in the grid.

jmself

I just downloaded the free trial to try and it lasted for about 30 minutes before it told me the trial had expired. I couldn't even try it.

jmself

I tried. It didn't work. Still telling me the 30 trial has expired. I'm still planning on purchasing the software once I get paid.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
My personal experience is if you install/uninstall it, upon re installation you will get trial expiration immediately.
Not if ProScan is unregistered. The 30 day fully functional demo/trial still can be used.
If ProScan is registered then a prompt will appear "Remove ProScan activation..."

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
I dunno about you guys, but I like printed manuals, fortunately one can print up the ProScan manual. But I gotta tell ya, it needed a cover to dress it up a little. So since I made one for myself, I figured I should share it with you all, so here it is. I hope you like it.

Attachments

• ProScan Cover.pdf
    370.3 KB · Views: 48

Chris0516

I dunno about you guys, but I like printed manuals, fortunately one can print up the ProScan manual. But I gotta tell ya, it needed a cover to dress it up a little. So since I made one for myself, I figured I should share it with you all, so here it is. I hope you like it.
The other pages would have to be glossed up, as well.

Icanhearit

Not if ProScan is unregistered. The 30 day fully functional demo/trial still can be used.
If ProScan is registered then a prompt will appear "Remove ProScan activation..."

I just verified this bug after seeing your reply that does not echo my not so recent memory.

On a spared seldom used windows 10 laptop (with all microsoft patch up2date just for the record)

1. Install Proscan for the 1st time ever, open up, all good, reopen ... any way 30 day trial.

2. Wait for at least a day, open up, 29 days left

3. uninstall proscan and

4. manually delete the default c:/proscan folder (not sure if this step is needed to reproduce the bug)

5. reinstall proscan, now it says 30 day trial expires.

In this case, is proscan 18.3.1 but I think version is irrelevant as I hit by this in earlier release, while trying to pickup a new update during the 30 day time.
HTH

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I just verified this bug after seeing your reply that does not echo my not so recent memory.

On a spared seldom used windows 10 laptop (with all microsoft patch up2date just for the record)

1. Install Proscan for the 1st time ever, open up, all good, reopen ... any way 30 day trial.

2. Wait for at least a day, open up, 29 days left

3. uninstall proscan and

4. manually delete the default c:/proscan folder (not sure if this step is needed to reproduce the bug)

5. reinstall proscan, now it says 30 day trial expires.

In this case, is proscan 18.3.1 but I think version is irrelevant as I hit by this in earlier release, while trying to pickup a new update during the 30 day time.
HTH
OK thanks.

Yocuz

Premium Subscriber
So I am having the same audio issue after installing the software on my laptop. Here are some screen grabs and the messages I am receiving when trying to adjust the source of the audio input for the recorder.

Not sure what the issue is.

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    68.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    192.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    257.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot (7).png