ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hey all, hoping someone can help me figure this out. I'm using ProScan with my BCD536HP. Washington State Patrol (District 2 Bellevue Dispacth) every so often creates a new entry in my transmission log, and I can't figure out why. The frequency, etc., all appears to be the same so not sure why ProScan keeps making new entries. Not sure if ProScan is getting confused or if the scanner is sending something different every so often that isn't reflected in the table.

Pic attached.

Thanks!

-Lou

View attachment 116929
It should be one entry for the conv. frequency and NAC. I'll check it out before the next release.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Bob, When I play back the MP3 recordings, in the Recorder. I can't hear anything, sometimes. Other times I can. I checked to see if it was muted, it isn't.
Check if the problem is on the recorder side or playback side. If you can playback files using the File Explorer then the problem is on the playback side so I would check the OS settings . This thread should help.

ProScan may show grayed out when not playing an audio recording in ProScan. Select a file that is long enough so you will have time to call up the sound settings.

bossco

Premium Subscriber
FYI
Hello. Faced with an interface bug - while pressing the Func button, one of the function keys turns into abracadabra. (Interface for scanner Uniden DSD100/200)

Attachments

• Bug.png
    Bug.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 48

Reconrider

Do
FYI
Hello. Faced with an interface bug - while pressing the Func button, one of the function keys turns into abracadabra. (Interface for scanner Uniden DSD100/200)
you have the correct scanner set under “scanner type” menu button up at the top?

bossco

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the correct scanner set under “scanner type” menu button up at the top?

Yes, correct scanner type - maybe the inscription on the button is big?
PS
Watching this on my laptop (1080p) Windows 10 Home. Also on my PC (4K) Windows 10 Home.

Attachments

• Bug1.jpg
    Bug1.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Bug2.jpg
    Bug2.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 61

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes, correct scanner type - maybe the inscription on the button is big?
PS
Watching this on my laptop (1080p) Windows 10 Home. Also on my PC (4K) Windows 10 Home.
The text in that button should be the same as the ProScan display and scanner display soft key 1. The soft key 1 on the ProScan display is blank. It should show "Close Call" just like it's shown on the scanner display. I can't duplicate the problem so if you can email me the Sentinel profile file, I can see what's happening.

Chris0516

Check if the problem is on the recorder side or playback side. If you can playback files using the File Explorer then the problem is on the playback side so I would check the OS settings . This thread should help.

ProScan may show grayed out when not playing an audio recording in ProScan. Select a file that is long enough so you will have time to call up the sound settings.
I tried that. It isn't a 'global' problem. It seems like, it is intermittent. The OS sound is fine.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I tried that. It isn't a 'global' problem. It seems like, it is intermittent. The OS sound is fine.
Software doesn't cause truly intermittent problems. Software is based on logic and makes decisions based on a set of conditions. Cables and hardware can cause intermittents.
Try to determine if the problem is on the recorder side or playback side. Is it the same channels each time? If it is then perhaps the channel in the database Record box is not checked or if it's a certain system then check the system in the database that the Record box is set to All Channels or Marked Channels.

Chris0516

Software doesn't cause truly intermittent problems. Software is based on logic and makes decisions based on a set of conditions. Cables and hardware can cause intermittents.
Agreed
Try to determine if the problem is on the recorder side or playback side. Is it the same channels each time? If it is then perhaps the channel in the database Record box is not checked or if it's a certain system then check the system in the database that the Record box is set to All Channels or Marked Channels.
Thanks

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Can you change the location of where the data files are saved?
If you are referring to the files such as the History Logging, those will always be placed in the ProScan folder. You could change the location of the whole folder.

MichaelC34

If i want to make a few changes to some of my groups with the channels and upload (update) that to the scanner would I just choose the Upload configuration button and check off the ones im making changes to?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
If i want to make a few changes to some of my groups with the channels and upload (update) that to the scanner would I just choose the Upload configuration button and check off the ones im making changes to?
If you're making changes and not adding or removing items then an easy way to upload the changes is by selecting the nodes in the tree then right click and click on "Upload Selected Nodes"

If you're using the Upload method, make sure the "Upload Systems" box is checked.