SDS100/SDS200: What's your favorite feature of the SDS100/SDS200 Scanner?

dmfalk

It's a damn good radio, overall, and has too many things I feel are "favourite features"! Customisation, check.... Able to handle most trunking systems, check... Able to handle most digital modes (but not all- would be nice to cover as many amateur radio digital voice modes as possible), check... Excellent range and sensitivity (with built-in solutions for reception problems), check... Nearly unlimited programming capability, check... Fun, once you get used to it, check....

kirk5056

Premium Subscriber
All of the above!

But the feature I use most is the multiple locations offered at the DEPT/SITE level using rectangle GPS.

A good example is when a hospital has trunked multiple campus system but you only want to hear them when you are close to one of those hospitals.

Ubbe

Most functions and features that are mentioned are also found in BCD436/536 and are not unique to SDS scanners.
Humming are unique to the SDS200, having to experiment with filter settings are also unique.

/Ubbe

Trucker700

Being GPS enabled so I can drive 1,000s of miles and never have to touch it to receive local public safety systems.
Same here. Had my SDS100 with GPS, and a Larsen scanner antenna ( mounted on the passenger's side mirror) attached to the dash of a 2004 Peterbilt. Having the GPS made monitoring a breeze. Plus, I used a BC23A amplified speaker. ( loud diesel rig)
That setup worked great. It kept me out of some big backups and long waits when I could catch information about an accident up ahead. ( CB use by truckers is sporadic at best and cannot be counted on for traffic information anymore)
James