2017-Starcom21 Thread Sites/Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinnyb82

Ah thanks my Pro-197 doesn't have alpha tags for TGs and I didn't recognize the TG. They were running a distracted driving detail on 74/280/80/88 this morning while I was headed to work.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Another one getting ready to switch over: Skokie and Lincolnwood's 470.7875 repeater is being patched to TG 3684. All encrypted. Very few RIDs appearing so far, so UHF is only being patched over at this point. The RIDs I have gotten are in the 1530xx-1532xx range. Given the pattern, I would assume that 3687 will be the 24B group (Winnetka/Wilmette/Glencoe/etc.).

frankdrebbin

They must have switched control frequencies again on site 358 Monroe Co. because I can't hear anything. They just changed it in March. Is it customary to change it again so soon? It is still Phase 1 yet.

Last edited:

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what the double asterisk means in the database site listings? For example, next to several of the sites, the database has (**P2) or (**P1) listed, which I assume means Phase 2 or Phase 1 sites. What significance are the asterisks? There is no legend in the database, and the Wiki doesn't say anything about them.

frankdrebbin

I'm seeing a weak signal on 854.21250 from the Waterloo site, but it's too low to decode.
That's what I'm seeing too. When I lock on a TGID it says finding control channel so either there's a problem with the site or they're monkeying around with the channels again. I'm picking up traffic from 323 in Columbia but the signal isn't as strong and I get nothing in search from St. Clair Co. simulcast.

frankdrebbin

Does anyone know what the double asterisk means in the database site listings? For example, next to several of the sites, the database has (**P2) or (**P1) listed, which I assume means Phase 2 or Phase 1 sites. What significance are the asterisks? There is no legend in the database, and the Wiki doesn't say anything about them.
I was wondering about that myself.

Lakewood, IL PD being Dispatched/Serviced Now by LITH PD on TG #34103

I noticed this weeks ago, seems to be a fact now. SEECOM dispatch is routing Lakewood, IL Police calls to the LITH/Huntley TG #34103. It appears now that LITH PD is now actively servicing Lakewood, and not Crystal Lake PD as was in the past. I will submit a database entry.

I think it is pretty confusing at SEECOM dispatch these days with Crystal Lake PD and fire depts still on Analog and the rest on Starcom21. I've keep hearing some "Oops" calls on the wrong TGs. Where I worked, you could only be held responsible for Two Live broadcast feeds at any one time, any more than two, and you could not be held responsible for Any of them.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
I noticed this weeks ago, seems to be a fact now. SEECOM dispatch is routing Lakewood, IL Police calls to the LITH/Huntley TG #34103. It appears now that LITH PD is now actively servicing Lakewood, and not Crystal Lake PD as was in the past. I will submit a database entry.

I think it is pretty confusing at SEECOM dispatch these days with Crystal Lake PD and fire depts still on Analog and the rest on Starcom21. I've keep hearing some "Oops" calls on the wrong TGs. Where I worked, you could only be held responsible for Two Live broadcast feeds at any one time, any more than two, and you could not be held responsible for Any of them.

Lakewood has their own Police has for a few years. See them daily on Rt 176 and Rt 47 area

Good catch. I used to bicycle thru Lakewood, & the Turnberry area, on many summer days a few years ago. And right past the Police station itself, en route to the beach. LITH PD is not taking over Lakewood patrols, just sharing their Talkgroup. The sun today cooked my CPU and in the process some bits were switched.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed. Lakewood PD on Huntley TG. Saw a traffic stop being called out as I was passing the squad at 176 and 47

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
I've got two things, first, I monitored Camp Jackson Fire being paged out for a house fire on a previously unknown talkgroup: 7295. Second, I monitored this on my Uniden SDS100, and the display (while in ID Search mode) showed TGID: 7295 7205

After the transmission completed, it the display showed: TGID: 7295, without the trailing 7205.

I checked the database, and neither talkgroup, 7295, or 7205 are listed. What I'm wondering is, was this a patched talkgroup? Is anybody familiar with how a patched talkgroup would be displayed on a SDS100?

Thanks,

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
I've got two things, first, I monitored Camp Jackson Fire being paged out for a house fire on a previously unknown talkgroup: 7295. Second, I monitored this on my Uniden SDS100, and the display (while in ID Search mode) showed TGID: 7295 7205

After the transmission completed, it the display showed: TGID: 7295, without the trailing 7205.

I checked the database, and neither talkgroup, 7295, or 7205 are listed. What I'm wondering is, was this a patched talkgroup? Is anybody familiar with how a patched talkgroup would be displayed on a SDS100?

Thanks,

So, I just saw the same type of display today, this time TGID: 8727 7023

It was St. Clair County CENCOM paging out Sauget VFD for a mutual aide call for Cahokia FD.

After the transmission, the display showed: TGID: 8727, without the trailing 7203, just like before.

Anybody? Bueller? Anybody?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
So, I just saw the same type of display today, this time TGID: 8727 7023

It was St. Clair County CENCOM paging out Sauget VFD for a mutual aide call for Cahokia FD.

After the transmission, the display showed: TGID: 8727, without the trailing 7203, just like before.

Anybody? Bueller? Anybody?

CENCOM is simulcasting on those two talk groups. That's how it shows up on the SDS 100.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I understand that it's coming from CENCOM, I monitor this traffic all the time. My question is about the display, with the two talkgroups on one line when the dispatcher is actively dispatching/paging out the units.

Yes...the dispatcher is talking (simulcasting) on both talk groups and that's how it shows up. I see the same thing when my SDS 100 is in ID Search on the Tollway maintenance groups:

At times I see 2002 2007 where the talk groups show up. Then it drops to 2002 or 2007 whichever talk groups is carrying the conversation.

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
Yes...the dispatcher is talking (simulcasting) on both talk groups and that's how it shows up. I see the same thing when my SDS 100 is in ID Search on the Tollway maintenance groups:

At times I see 2002 2007 where the talk groups show up. Then it drops to 2002 or 2007 whichever talk groups is carrying the conversation.

OK, so we had a terminology issue. Simulcasting is when several towers in a network, in close proximity, carry the same frequencies and traffic at the same time.

Talkgroup patching is when two talkgroups are linked and are transmitting the same traffic.

Thanks for answering.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.