BCDx36HP Firmware 1.20.00 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I like my scanner skipping JUNK that you cannot hear. I have a local system that one user turns on ENC on his radio only your hear the other units and it has value but like the scanner to skip him and not listen to 40 to 60 seconds of garbled NOISE BTW PROSCAN logs the hits CLEAR or ENCRYPTED I still get the TG and UID

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
In regards to the user who actually wanted to HEAR the encrypted audio.. My older GRE-500 scanner does this and I actually prefer it. Why you ask?? I use the presence of encrypted audio or all of a sudden the use of encrypted talk groups that usually are not very active, if at all, as a sort of situation awareness tool. It means to me, that something big is happening locally to me that is serious enough the powers that be deem it warrants encryption for secrecy. On my 436, which skips right over it, I never get this type of heads-up about something going on.

That makes more sense than drunk alien robots. But even in that case, there's not much point in playing more than a few seconds of garbled audio before moving on (the equivalent of a -2 or -5 Delay setting).

Or better yet, have an alert light or tone setting specific to encryption that flashes or whatever while the scanner moves on to scan traffic it can actually understand.

racingfan360

Or better yet, have an alert light or tone setting specific to encryption that flashes or whatever while the scanner moves on to scan traffic it can actually understand.

The Whistler TRX has a very effective way of handling this: a user definable setting of either (1) listening to the garbled audio, (2) mute it and skip, or (3) a busy tone to alert you. Very simple. Very effective. Perhaps something Uniden could consider to make the x36 scanners even better.

wbswetnam

The Whistler TRX has a very effective way of handling this: a user definable setting of either (1) listening to the garbled audio, (2) mute it and skip, or (3) a busy tone to alert you.

From the Easier to Read Manual: "EncMode/Audio Mode Selects how the radio treats encrypted voice calls. Noise plays encryption noise. Silent plays no audio (and stays on the channel). Tone plays a Tone for the duration of the call. Default is Tone."

So, #2 isn't 'mute and skip', it is simply 'mute' for the duration of the call. They are good choices for Uniden to consider, however.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
It's a user option, The radio would operate the way the user chooses, If you see no use in listening to the stuff, You don't have too.

freedom to choose.

hic-Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.