DSDPlus 2.71 Released for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

M105

FWIW:
Arrived at 2:23 am cst.
WinRAR will unzip it.
Download the .dll file mentioned in the notes.
Run FMPxxx by itself with nothing else significant running on the computer.
I have had it running on my NXDN48 system for a few minutes now and it seems to working well.
---
I was disappointed that it still won't do P25-P2. I even tested it on the local P2 system to see if Santa had put in a surprise...no joy. It did however work nicely decoding the control channel and outputting the aliases and such. There must be a stumbling block here as this has to be one of the most wanted and needed features.
-
I am glad to see development continuing. Merry Christmas to all!

garys

Premium Subscriber
Those who haven't received anything might want to check their Spam filters.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I have to wonder if the use of FFTW frees up processing capacity on the CPU and if that is responsible for the much more clear audio on MotoTrbo and DMR channels in general.

Whatever it is they did, the audio is much better than it was.

I ran FMPA and FMP24 with the .dll file installed and find that in general performance is better than it was.

It's a nice upgrade, well worth the wait.

Phase 2 isn't a huge issue for me since I have three different x36HP scanners and can listen to the very few Phase 2 TGs in the nearby system that aren't encrypted.

FWIW:
Arrived at 2:23 am cst.
WinRAR will unzip it.
Download the .dll file mentioned in the notes.
Run FMPxxx by itself with nothing else significant running on the computer.
I have had it running on my NXDN48 system for a few minutes now and it seems to working well.
---
I was disappointed that it still won't do P25-P2. I even tested it on the local P2 system to see if Santa had put in a surprise...no joy. It did however work nicely decoding the control channel and outputting the aliases and such. There must be a stumbling block here as this has to be one of the most wanted and needed features.
-

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
---
-

I don't know if it's a stumbling block (I doubt it) or if it's just a simple matter of it not being a priority because there are a multitude of scanners that do Phase2 P25 just fine already.

When DMR/NXDN support was being added to DSD+ way back when, there wasn't a scanner on the market that could decode those. No scanner (no commonly purchased scanner, at least) can do Fusion or D-Star either. So it seems to me it might be simply a case where priority is given to those things that aren't already handled by scanners -- ya know, the "why re-invent the wheel" kind of thing.

Mike

M105

I don't know if it's a stumbling block (I doubt it) or if it's just a simple matter of it not being a priority because there are a multitude of scanners that do Phase2 P25 just fine already.

When DMR/NXDN support was being added to DSD+ way back when, there wasn't a scanner on the market that could decode those. No scanner (no commonly purchased scanner, at least) can do Fusion or D-Star either. So it seems to me it might be simply a case where priority is given to those things that aren't already handled by scanners -- ya know, the "why re-invent the wheel" kind of thing.

Mike

Perhaps, but one would think with it being so close by already doing P1 and X.25 TDMA that there must be something else going on. I sure would like to integrate P25-P2 into my dongle setup on Windows! Sometimes good things come in pairs, maybe the next Fastlane release will come soon and include P2.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber

Mike

I would hope the DSD+ folks might get some help from the OP-25 developers. Granted, OP-25 is Linux-based, but you would think they could borrow some portion of the design to implement phase 2.

racingfan360

Good work by the DSD team: a nice xmas present.

A few observations based on early testing with 2.71 that may help others....

- The signal type information display on the event log window is most welcome. It would be really good to also have this info written to the event file log as well (I know it can be gotten from other log files)

- the per wav or per mp3 file recording syntax seems to have changed. Up until now I have been using "-Pwav¦" in my bat files. It now seems to require just "-Pwav". Not sure I caught that in any documentation (?)

- Probably a personal thing based on how I set up my command line scripts but the new ".groups/.radios file data protection" features meant I absolutely needed dummy .groups and .radios files to get 2.71 to work without complaining.

- The NXDN KID info is working and very helpful. At the risk of being shot down here, but since AOR is now offering NXDN descrambling on their AR-DV1 (and likely AR-DV10), will DSDAuthor ever consider now adding NXDN key value descrambling to a future release ???

CanesFan95

can someone please let me know how to find info on & purchase a "fastlane" license?
Thanks - Mike J

Yes. Here's a copy-and-paste from the previous version's documentation (2.39) DSDPlus.txt file:

"In light of the extra workload the Fast Lane program will create,
the DSD+ team is asking Fast Laners for:

US$10 for one year of Fast Lane updates

US$25 for unlimited Fast Lane updates

Donations above these amounts are welcomed, but it's up to you.
We're not looking to get rich here. Funds will be used for things like
needed hardware upgrades.

Funds can be sent our Paypal account (dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com)

Please include a comment that specifies the email address that
your Fast Lane updates should be sent to.

NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT INCLUDE A COMMENT, PAYPAL DOES NOT SEND US A NOTIFICATION.
THIS *WILL* DELAY YOUR FIRST FAST LANE UPDATE.

--"

ThePagerGeek

Premium Subscriber

Mike

Different users with different needs I suspect. DMR/NXDN/Fusion/DStar is almost non-existent here. There are 2-ish DMR systems locally for commercial dispatch services.

My area is filled with P25 Phase 2. DSD+ provides a much greater detail (byte level) log of what's happening over-the-air for both the control channel AND voice channel. It's more of a diagnostic tool than anything for me. It compliments the R8000 service monitor and Anritsu S412 LMR Master, however, DSD+ is much easier to set-up at remote sites to monitor systems "on the fly."

Granted, I'm likely using it in more of a commercial fashion than hobbyist monitoring.

Just another tool in the toolbox, but for me, Phase 2 is what is really lacking. As I started the post with, different user with different needs.

mikejstb

can someone please let me know how to find info on & purchase a "fastlane" license?
Thanks - Mike J
Nothing there but the free 1.101 version. Nothing at all on anything beyond that.
I tried using the search function on that page too - nothing found for "fastlane"

mikejstb

Yes. Here's a copy-and-paste from the previous version's documentation (2.39) DSDPlus.txt file:

"In light of the extra workload the Fast Lane program will create,
the DSD+ team is asking Fast Laners for:

US$10 for one year of Fast Lane updates

US$25 for unlimited Fast Lane updates

Donations above these amounts are welcomed, but it's up to you.
We're not looking to get rich here. Funds will be used for things like
needed hardware upgrades.

Funds can be sent our Paypal account (dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com)

Please include a comment that specifies the email address that
your Fast Lane updates should be sent to.

NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT INCLUDE A COMMENT, PAYPAL DOES NOT SEND US A NOTIFICATION.
THIS *WILL* DELAY YOUR FIRST FAST LANE UPDATE.

--"
I sure wish I could see a web site from them.
No offence, but I'm not keen to send money via PayPal to something that I can't really see the source of.
I even tried to divine it from the email in that message "dsdplusfastlane" - but that's not it either.
Are they part of the Masons? Do I need to learn a special handshake? LOL.

CanesFan95

I can understand the hesitance, to be safe. Try downloading the free 1.101 version and look at the bottom of the file called "DSDPlus.txt". I believe this will have the same instructions in it. That way, you can be a little more certain that it's legitimate. And besides if it wasn't, posters on here would long have been complaining loudly by now. The DSD+ people rarely if ever post on here anymore, but they are known for being responsive and sending the software right away when you subscribe.

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
I sure wish I could see a web site from them.
No offence, but I'm not keen to send money via PayPal to something that I can't really see the source of.
I even tried to divine it from the email in that message "dsdplusfastlane" - but that's not it either.
Are they part of the Masons? Do I need to learn a special handshake? LOL.

Pointless jokes about Masons and handshakes aside, if you stop and think for a moment, the reason people here are commenting on this is because they actually have signed on to DSD+ FL by using the exact method desired above.

Take a leap...live a little... It's $25.

Or stay 2 years behind.

CanesFan95

DSD+ 2.71 New Features
----------------------
Added private call priority control.
When right/left clicking on a voice call's priority field in the channel activity window:

Group calls: clicking priority number adjusts talkgroup priority up or down

Private calls: clicking priority number adjusts source radio priority up or down

Note: due to the lack of talkgroups in Fusion and D-Star voice calls,
all calls are treated as private calls, so clicking on a call's priority field
will modify the source radio's priority level.

So does this mean we can now trunktrack and listen to private calls. I have a local P25 Phase I system that uses them.

Status
Not open for further replies.