DSDPlus 2.71 Released for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejstb

Ah - there it is.
Thanks.
Kind of odd, they already have a web site giving something away, yet they really hide the info about a more complete paid version...
Must be hard-core programmers to do that hard of an anti-marketing effort!
I own a software company - marketing is pretty darned important IMHO.

I know I'm being a big PITA but is there a change list anywhere so I can see what the past versions have over 1.101? I did see a list for new features, I'm just curious what has been added/changed/fixed in the past, and also am interested in how many & how often updates are issued.
Some more easy information to put on a web site...

CanesFan95

Analog already is interoperable.
I don't believe there's an exact changelog all in one simple file. I think you would have to piece together a saga of different releases with different files to know what was added/changed and when.

M105

Ah - there it is.

It is 25 bucks. Geez, you will spend that in 3 trips to Burger King. If you want the latest as it becomes available, send them a few dollars to support the effort. One version is worth the price and I have received at least 6 by now.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Ah - there it is.
Thanks.
Kind of odd, they already have a web site giving something away, yet they really hide the info about a more complete paid version...
Must be hard-core programmers to do that hard of an anti-marketing effort!

I know I'm being a big PITA but is there a change list anywhere so I can see what the past versions have over 1.101? I did see a list for new features, I'm just curious what has been added/changed/fixed in the past, and also am interested in how many & how often updates are issued.
Some more easy information to put on a web site...

The website was put up when DSD+ was in its infancy and nobody knew if there would be any future development. It's a reputable website with the public release readily available. In the past, this type of software was often distributed by various file sharing services. So, as far as I'm concerned, the availability of the public release on the main website is a step up from obtaining it from questionable file sharing sites.

From a simple user standpoint - if you pay for DSD+ Fastlane, it doesn't entitle you to anything more than the latest version of Fastlane. If more than one version is put out after you pay for a "lifetime" subscription, then you'll get all of those. BUT, nobody is under the gun to provide ongoing development to suit your personal needs. $25 bucks just doesn't buy that, so don't expect it. And I tell you this because you seem to be nitpicking and I can imagine that soon after you sign up, get the latest FL version, and then wait two months and nothing new comes out, you'll be up in arms about it. Figured I'd set things straight before you even make a payment. There will only be new versions for as long as the developer chooses to release them. If today's version ends up being their last (because the developer got burnt out; won the lottery and moved to another private island; died, or for some other reason), then all you get is 1 version.

Donate for the Fastlane version or not, your choice.

Mike

scoutcamper

Premium Subscriber
I haven't seen mine by email yet(Checking my spam box hourly!), but I assume its coming. Cant wait! Have some projects to do with private call tracking :)

D

DaveNF2G

- The NXDN KID info is working and very helpful. At the risk of being shot down here, but since AOR is now offering NXDN descrambling on their AR-DV1 (and likely AR-DV10), will DSDAuthor ever consider now adding NXDN key value descrambling to a future release ???

Descrambling is not available in the consumer versions. Nobody legit or reasonably intelligent is going to put a descrambling capability into anything offered to the public.

racingfan360

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Ok, it must be a be feature that is specifically excluded from US models, as it is available on other consumer versions of the DV1.... https://forums.radioreference.com/aor-receivers/354555-nxdn-descrambling-ar-dv1.html

I do understand the sensitivity around this, hence the caveat in my original post. However, I also note the position that AOR - as major manufacturer - take on this topic.

Unauthorized descrambling/decryption of any kind is explicitly forbidden by Federal law, hence the official unavailability of products with which to do so in the United States.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
2.71 arrived in my inbox last night.

Got mine this morning along with the "Internet is slow from our desert isle" message.

Haven't had a chance to play with it yet but going to spend some time this week while I'm on vacation.

CanesFan95

Analog already is interoperable.
What does "ICMP" mean?

27540146829_1bf0df017a_o.png

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Internet Control message Protocol. The system must be running over an Ethernet (TCP/IP) network for connectivity

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
+1 to that, the new version is great it has really opened up DMR and NXDN for us. I to hope the next version will do that for phase 2.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.