GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It wouldn't be so bad if Win10 allowed me to select the updates I want to install and ignore others like Win7, but that's not even an option.
The most recent version, 1903, now allows for a lot more control over the updates. Of course if you're running Windows 10 Pro, you can use Group Policy Editor to control a lot of the Windows Update behavior, but now with 1903 you can control more than previously allowed through the normal interface, as well as can defer updates more easily. As for hardware driver updates, you were always allowed to prevent that by going into the system settings and disabling automatic hardware driver updates. But now we're really taking this ProScan thread off topic, so email me if you require additional information.

CaptMike2

I absolutely Hate Windows 10, I went back to Windows 7.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Good Old Microcrap is ending support for Windows 7. To me personally, this is a money grab so everyone has to upgrade to Windows 10. I agree I hate Windows 10 also.

Support for Windows 7 is ending. Support for Windows 7 will end on January 14, 2020. Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or technical support for devices running Windows 7 operating systems.

CaptMike2

I wanted to thank Bob for taking the time to work with me on my problem. I like the software he is providing and I went ahead and purchased a license key in the hopes of getting it to work in the future. Hopefully, this little bit helps fund any future development.

Mike

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Good Old Microcrap is ending support for Windows 7. To me personally, this is a money grab so everyone has to upgrade to Windows 10. I agree I hate Windows 10 also.

Support for Windows 7 is ending. Support for Windows 7 will end on January 14, 2020. Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or technical support for devices running Windows 7 operating systems.
Who cares, most of the updates cause problems. I had to do a system restore after one update. Where I work they just left Win 98 for Win Xp

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
To me personally, this is a money grab so everyone has to upgrade to Windows 10.
Yeah, a "money grab" for an OS upgrade that was offered at no cost for years...seems legit. :rolleyes:

Windows 7 was released a full 10 years ago. That is an eternity in OS terms. There is absolutely no reason for Microsoft to continue to support Windows 7, when three operating systems have been released since. Those who refuse to change with the times are going to be left behind, and rightly so. The end of support for Windows 7 was announced a long time ago, it was no secret that was suddenly sprung on everyone. People were encouraged to freely upgrade to Windows 10 for that reason alone. Sorry, but that's just reality.

Windows 10 is not perfect (no OS is), but for those of us with a background in IT who have been running Windows 10 for nearly four years now, it's objectively better than Windows 7 (let's not even mention Windows 8 and 8.1, which was awful by all measures).

CaptMike2

Unbelievable, You people are intolerable. Almost every post I have made has been attacked because I expressed my opinion.

Lesson Learned, It won't happen again.

Have a good day.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Unbelievable, You people are intolerable. Almost every post I have made has been attacked because I expressed my opinion.

Lesson Learned, It won't happen again.

Have a good day.

bf2ee34739f18d807efc0f92376ddab9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Yeah, a "money grab" for an OS upgrade that was offered at no cost for years...seems legit. :rolleyes:

Windows 7 was released a full 10 years ago. That is an eternity in OS terms. There is absolutely no reason for Microsoft to continue to support Windows 7, when three operating systems have been released since. Those who refuse to change with the times are going to be left behind, and rightly so. The end of support for Windows 7 was announced a long time ago, it was no secret that was suddenly sprung on everyone. People were encouraged to freely upgrade to Windows 10 for that reason alone. Sorry, but that's just reality.

Windows 10 is not perfect (no OS is), but for those of us with a background in IT who have been running Windows 10 for nearly four years now, it's objectively better than Windows 7 (let's not even mention Windows 8 and 8.1, which was awful by all measures).

Yep, I "upgraded" for FREE to WIN 10. It crashed and crashed so I went back to WIN 7, working fine every since.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
No problems with Win10 desktop at home running several instances of ProScan. But, on laptop running Win8, very finnicky. Virtual control will not work and no time to mess with it while enroute. I will have to do without ProScan on this trip, sad to say. Wishing I had Win10 on the laptop.

nick223

Feed Provider
Can I hook my sds200 Ethernet cable to a network switch or does it have to go directly to the router to get proscan to work?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Can I hook my sds200 Ethernet cable to a network switch or does it have to go directly to the router to get proscan to work?

Yes you can hook up the scanner to a switch . As long as the switch is connected to the router.
ProScan and the scanner doesn't care what's in the middle, just that the scanner is reachable.

nick223

Feed Provider
How does one go about reconnecting the lan connection remotely? I have my sds200 at a remote site and this morning the internet kicked out and came back. Now the only way it seems to get back the scanner is to power cycle it ( which I’m not there to do) I tried closing proscan, reconnecting in com port auto detect doesn’t show the scanner. I tried restarting the computer with no luck. Is there any other ways to get the scanner back besides turning it off and now. I do have a black screen on the scanner in proscan.

[emoji2371] ideas...

Rikbirdradio

I'm very interested to learn of this as well. I have had to power cycle the scanner/disable then enable IP many times (as directed to do by Proscan in the LAN connection sequence) to get Proscan to recognize it. With all of the success everybody seems to be having with the SDS200 to Procore connectivity, I'm sure I've not set mine up correctly.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm very interested to learn of this as well. I have had to power cycle the scanner/disable then enable IP many times (as directed to do by Proscan in the LAN connection sequence) to get Proscan to recognize it. With all of the success everybody seems to be having with the SDS200 to Procore connectivity, I'm sure I've not set mine up correctly.

How does one go about reconnecting the lan connection remotely? I have my sds200 at a remote site and this morning the internet kicked out and came back. Now the only way it seems to get back the scanner is to power cycle it ( which I’m not there to do) I tried closing proscan, reconnecting in com port auto detect doesn’t show the scanner. I tried restarting the computer with no luck. Is there any other ways to get the scanner back besides turning it off and now. I do have a black screen on the scanner in proscan.
[emoji2371] ideas...
Just send a MSM command to the scanner. I tried it just now and it works.