mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
I've got port forwarding enabled, and I even have put the pc that has proscan running in DMZ, but still cannot connect remotely thru a browser. I have confirmed the port is open thru canyouseeme.org I have also verified the correct ip address of the pc for the port forwarding.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've got port forwarding enabled, and I even have put the pc that has proscan running in DMZ, but still cannot connect remotely thru a browser. I have confirmed the port is open thru canyouseeme.org I have also verified the correct ip address of the pc for the port forwarding.

If you want to use a web browser to connect to ProScan then you have to use the Web Server feature. Web Browsers are not compatible with RSOIP (Remote Scanner Over IP) servers. RSOIP Client and Free Client works with RSOIP servers.

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
I am getting a bunch of Client online, then Client Offline Abnormal IP 84.186.205.147:54011 error code 9 messages in my RSOIP logs....Am I being hacked by these unknown IP's ??

caltain

The difference between the data and audio is the data uses UDP only while the audio uses UDP and TCP.
ProScan can't talk to the scanner Wi-Fi audio for some reason. Nothing in ProScan can cause or fix that. ProScan is trying to communicate with the other side and can't for some reason. It's what's between ProScan and the scanner Wi-Fi that is causing it.

Since I cannot connect, I cannot pull this info that you so conveniently provide in the audio setup dialog. Can you provide me with the scanner and computer TCP and UDP ports so I can figure out where the block is?

Thanks for helping me track down a problem you didn’t create!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Since I cannot connect, I cannot pull this info that you so conveniently provide in the audio setup dialog. Can you provide me with the scanner and computer TCP and UDP ports so I can figure out where the block is?

Thanks for helping me track down a problem you didn’t create!

TCP
Scanner port fixed at 554. 554 is the RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol) default.
Computer port changes with each connection

UDP
Scanner port changes with each connection
Computer port fixed at 53600. 53600 chosen by Uniden.

wscranston

Hi, is there any (easy) way to merge groups? The data from RR for a county comes with each town/city in its own group. One of my counties has A LOT of towns, resulting in too many groups to upload to the scanner (which is another thing but another discussion). So I'd rather just merge all the groups into one big one since I don't use group quick keys. Other than tediously selecting, dragging, and dropping, is there some other way to do this? Thanks in advance and thanks for the great software.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi, is there any (easy) way to merge groups? The data from RR for a county comes with each town/city in its own group. One of my counties has A LOT of towns, resulting in too many groups to upload to the scanner (which is another thing but another discussion). So I'd rather just merge all the groups into one big one since I don't use group quick keys. Other than tediously selecting, dragging, and dropping, is there some other way to do this? Thanks in advance and thanks for the great software.

Are you doing a drag & drop 1 channel at a time? Multiple channels can be selected at the same time by clicking the channel then hold down the SHIFT key then click the last channel. Use the CTRL key to pick the channels to be selected. Once they are selected then do a Drag & Drop.

Would that work for you? I don't know of any other way for the user to tell ProScan what items should be moved around.

wscranston

It might be nice to have a way to merge groups. Select several groups, then have a merge operation which would merge all the channels from the selected groups into one group. It could either ask for name and create a new group, or just merge them all into the first group. When you have something like 100 groups it's kind of tedious to select, shift-select, ctrl-select, scroll down, select some more, etc. And of course if you accidentally click in the wrong place - start over. Or another idea is a "flatten system" operation which, given a system, would flatten all the channels into one big group. Just some thoughts.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It might be nice to have a way to merge groups. Select several groups, then have a merge operation which would merge all the channels from the selected groups into one group. It could either ask for name and create a new group, or just merge them all into the first group. When you have something like 100 groups it's kind of tedious to select, shift-select, ctrl-select, scroll down, select some more, etc. And of course if you accidentally click in the wrong place - start over. Or another idea is a "flatten system" operation which, given a system, would flatten all the channels into one big group. Just some thoughts.

Sounds good, I'll look into down the road.

CanesFan95

Quick Question, if anyone knows. How Can I install ProScan on a new computer and remove it from the old computer? Thanks.

N0KVN

I have been using Proscan for over a year now. I have purchased 2 copies of Proscan because of the great customer service, amazing remote scanner control and live streaming features the Proscan program provides.
On occasion I come across a function of Proscan that I do not understand or I might have a problem using.
On more than one occasion, Bob has provided me with additional instructions on how to use the program better.

Today Bob fixed a problem I was experiencing. Bob fixed the issue on the same day, and this was on a Sunday no less.
This was totally unexpected and I am greatful for the fix.
Fantastic customer service and I can tell that Bob takes allot of pride in creating such a powerful and useful product for the scanning community. Thank You Bob.

Kevin

docjavadude

Premium Subscriber
Newbie here to ProScan. I've been recording on computer using Audacity, but am very interested in the possibilities ProScan will offer. But...

I might be trying to do something that can't be done, though in my searches through this ProScan thread it seems like it should be. I am using an old analog scanner (an ancient RadioShack Pro-2056) with 1/8" cable connected to the mic input on my pc. Works perfectly with Audacity. But I'm not sure how to set up ProScan to work with this configuration. I've followed as many of the directions as I can in the Manual and in posts on this thread, but no joy. I might need someone to explain in simple steps how to get to the basic recording setup as I seem to be missing something basic. I'm not even seeing input sliders on the recorder screen.

ProScan Client version 15.4. (I'm happy to spring for the full version if that's necessary, but I don't have any scanners that would connect to be programmed -- yet... new scanner in my future, I believe). The program opens with the appearance of a BCD996XT scanner, if that matters.

Can anyone help this newbie? Thanks in advance! :)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Newbie here to ProScan. I've been recording on computer using Audacity, but am very interested in the possibilities ProScan will offer. But...

I might be trying to do something that can't be done, though in my searches through this ProScan thread it seems like it should be. I am using an old analog scanner (an ancient RadioShack Pro-2056) with 1/8" cable connected to the mic input on my pc. Works perfectly with Audacity. But I'm not sure how to set up ProScan to work with this configuration. I've followed as many of the directions as I can in the Manual and in posts on this thread, but no joy. I might need someone to explain in simple steps how to get to the basic recording setup as I seem to be missing something basic. I'm not even seeing input sliders on the recorder screen.

ProScan Client version 15.4. (I'm happy to spring for the full version if that's necessary, but I don't have any scanners that would connect to be programmed -- yet... new scanner in my future, I believe). The program opens with the appearance of a BCD996XT scanner, if that matters.

Can anyone help this newbie? Thanks in advance! :)
Take the Free Client out of the mix. The Free Client is capable of recording but just the audio from the server side and ProScan doesn't support the Pro-2056.

You could test the 30 day fully functional demo/trial with the Pro-2056. The Recorder will need to be in VOX mode. You will not see a virtual display.

Last edited: