IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
My antivirus is picking up this 16.3 version after downloading and won't let me install it.

ProScan Version 16.3 Just Released.
  • Fixed - SDS200 FTP Scanner Read & FTP Scanner Write functions may show an error when trying to log in. Broke in version 16.1.
  • Fixed - UID Lookup file wasn't working right. Broke in version 16.1.
  • Fixed - When the virtual scanner knobs are selected, and ProScan loses focus and then regains focus, the knobs are no longer selected.
ProScan supports the BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD325P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, SDS100, SDS200, SDS100E, SDS200E, UBCD3600XLT, & USDS100 scanners.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

Made in the USA

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I'm using Cogeco Security.

Reason: HEUR/APC

It picks it up once I go to install it.

Advise on the following. I'm not a mind reader.
Name of Antivirus software
Name of virus:
When does it occur. Installing or starting to run

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm using Cogeco Security.

Reason: HEUR/APC

It picks it up once I go to install it.
It's a false positive. I don't see how to report a false positive on that software. See if you can exclude ProScan in that software.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
After updating to 16.3, I lost audio on my secondary(activated) computer in web server mode. I then went to RSOIP to listen to another. That scanner came up but the audio then went to a mechanical open squelch type of noise only. Now my scanner will not show the display on the secondary computer. I believe all setting are correct. This is all through the home network. Not sure if its a hell of a coincidence or if something is corrupt. If I need to uninstall/reinstall ProScan, do I need to remove activation first?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
After updating to 16.3, I lost audio on my secondary(activated) computer in web server mode. I then went to RSOIP to listen to another. That scanner came up but the audio then went to a mechanical open squelch type of noise only. Now my scanner will not show the display on the secondary computer. I believe all setting are correct. This is all through the home network. Not sure if its a hell of a coincidence or if something is corrupt. If I need to uninstall/reinstall ProScan, do I need to remove activation first?
I think it's a setting or the scanner needs to be reset. I always hear "after an update this or that stopped working". 80% of the time, it turns out to be something else. I never advise to install and reinstall. Just reinstall the latest version.
Perhaps trace the signals (audio & data) from the scanner to ProScan Server then to the far side.

Last edited:

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
I think it's a setting or the scanner needs to be reset. I always hear "after an update this or that stopped working". 80% of the time, it turns out to be something else. I never advise to install and reinstall. Just reinstall the latest version.
Perhaps trace the signals (audio & data) from the scanner to ProScan Server then to the far side.
Power cycle or reset IP or both?

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
URL in the audio control/web server. Had to power cycle (no luck) then disable IP. Once rebooted everything came back. Weird, but I'm just a 57 year old carpet installer that LOVES ProScan and his SDS200! I'm sure it was me.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Worked earlier, not now. TCP not connected, UDP not connected

Reconnect function does not work.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Once again had to reset IP on scanner to get audio to work on secondary computer. I hope this info helps.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
What do you mean by "secondary computer? Is that the far end running the Web Browser or RSOIP Client? Don't focus on that side yet. Just focus on the computer that is connected to the scanner via the router.

Are you running AVG antivirus software by any chance?
Is another instance of ProScan or another app trying to use the same scanner Ethernet audio?
Check the Ethernet cables to make sure they are firmly seated in the connectors.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
What do you mean by "secondary computer? Is that the far end running the Web Browser or RSOIP Client? Don't focus on that side yet. Just focus on the computer that is connected to the scanner via the router.

Are you running AVG antivirus software by any chance?
Is another instance of ProScan or another app trying to use the same scanner Ethernet audio?
Check the Ethernet cables to make sure they are firmly seated in the connectors.
Negative on AVG antivirus. My desktop computer (primary) is connected to the scanner via the router. It's working fine, cables are secure. My laptop is what I call the secondary computer. It's one month old running Windows 10-S. The S mode has been disabled and the firewall has permissions for ProScan. Only Sentinel and Chrome were added to this device. Just turned on the laptop for ProScan. Virtual scanner is running on the screen but URL setup is flashing in Audio control/web server. Clicked on setup and TCP & UDP not connected. Reconnect does nothing. Power cycled scanner, still no connection. Disabled IP assignment on scanner then auto enabled and HAVE connection to the laptop now. No apps have been added on either computer. To verify, ProScan is loaded and running on both computers.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
My desktop computer (primary) is connected to the scanner via the router.
Just turned on the laptop for ProScan. Virtual scanner is running on the screen but URL setup is flashing in Audio control/web server.

So you're using the desktop to connect to the scanner via the router. If that's the case then the laptop shouldn't connect to the scanner.
Only one app at a time can connect to the scanner Ethernet audio. On the laptop, sel all four services(Web Server, Recorder, etc.) Input Sound Device to None to insure that the laptop is not connected to the scanner Ethernet audio.

{edit} The desktop computer Audio Control -> Web Server Input Sound Device should be set to URL. Laptop Input Sound Device should not be set.

Last edited:

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
So you're using the desktop to connect to the scanner via the router. If that's the case then the laptop shouldn't connect to the scanner.
Only one app at a time can connect to the scanner Ethernet audio. On the laptop, sel all four services(Web Server, Recorder, etc.) Input Sound Device to None to insure that the laptop is not connected to the scanner Ethernet audio.

{edit} The desktop computer Audio Control -> Web Server Input Sound Device should be set to URL. Laptop Input Sound Device should not be set.
I knew it was something I did. Thanks for all your help once again!

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
Just purchased a lic today, question about the RSOIP. I have 325p2 connected and streaming no problem using web server, works no problem. Also have it feeding for RSOIP which works just fine for control, should I be getting audio on the remote computer over the RSOIP?