radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Sorry for all of the basic questions. I really do check the help file and search the message board before I ask. ;)

What is "TONE L/O" for a conventional channel? Obviously something different that the regular "Lockout" function for that channel. Thanks!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Sorry for all of the basic questions. I really do check the help file and search the message board before I ask. ;)

What is "TONE L/O" for a conventional channel? Obviously something different that the regular "Lockout" function for that channel. Thanks!

Refer to the following site for the Easier to Read guide for your particular scanner, rather than asking basic questions in this thread.

Mark's Scanners

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
I know that site. This seemed to be a software specific question, as I don't recall seeing it on the radio or FreeScan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Tone Lockout...

Set Lockout - the scanner does not stop on the channel if the tone/code you select is present. Scroll to 'CTCSS or DCS' and press E/yes. Scroll to the desired tone/code you want locked out.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
You got me. That's an interesting feature. Not sure how I'd use that, but I'm sure there's some useful purpose. Thanks, GTR8000. I appreciate the reply.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I know that site. This seemed to be a software specific question, as I don't recall seeing it on the radio or FreeScan.

All ProScan database parameters are scanner parameters. We don't make them up. GTR8000 beat me to it. I've would of referred you to the Mark's Easier to Read manual too. Yes, you will find it in the scanner in the conventional frequencies area. Set the Audio Type to Analog Only and set the Tone and you should see it.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You got me. That's an interesting feature. Not sure how I'd use that, but I'm sure there's some useful purpose. Thanks, GTR8000. I appreciate the reply.

I can think of two use cases off the top of my head...

• There are two agencies on the same frequency. One is PL'd, the other is CSQ. You only want to hear the CSQ agency, so you lockout whatever PL the other agency uses.
  • There are several agencies operating on the same frequency. You'd like to listen to all of them except for one, so you lock their PL/DPL out, allowing everything else to come through.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
I can think of two use cases off the top of my head...

• There are two agencies on the same frequency. One is PL'd, the other is CSQ. You only want to hear the CSQ agency, so you lockout whatever PL the other agency uses.
  • There are several agencies operating on the same frequency. You'd like to listen to all of them except for one, so you lock their PL/DPL out, allowing everything else to come through.

Indeed. That would be a perfect application. Very insightful, a feature like that. Thanks again for the responses.

nick223

Feed Provider
Any idea why the scanner gets to this point and just stops? I've tried new file, upload, download every feature plus the latest firmware in the 996p2 and it like freezes here?
134606df500294b9074eb05d31f4d8ac.jpg

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Any idea why the scanner gets to this point and just stops? I've tried new file, upload, download every feature plus the latest firmware in the 996p2 and it like freezes here?

I don't know. Can you send me the file you are uploading so I can try to duplicate the problem. Also advise the ProScan version.

rwier

Posting only to provide info for others who may be experiencing a similar problem. This problem just reared it's head in the last few days. I am using a Uniden 436 Scanner.

In ProScan, if I selected (checked) Favorites Editor, a new pane (pop-up?) displayed. The Scanner Read and Scanner Write options worked fine. If I unchecked the Favorites Editor box, no port options were available. Windows Device Manager showed the 436 as a Serial Port with the yellow triangle. Further inspection in the Device Manager indicating the 436 Serial Driver was non-existent.

Downloading the Serial Driver (found on the RR Wiki Pages) and installing it via the Device Manager corrected the problem. Immediately the Proscan Virtual Scanner became active and the Port Info shows using Port 6. Up until about 48 hours ago, there was no 436/Port/Driver problem, and the Port being used was always shown as Port 3.

Again, this is not a problem looking for a solution, but just some info in case someone's computer develops a similar hiccup.

ND3U

Montgomery County, PA Broadcastify stream
Feed Provider
New Hanover Township, Montgomery County, PA
Server Error Codes

On the remote over IP I keep on seeing various error codes. What are the various error codes and what are the procedures to fix them? Most of the time I see people attempting to connect only to get booted after a second or two. I am using the 12.3 version to stream.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
On the remote over IP I keep on seeing various error codes. What are the various error codes and what are the procedures to fix them? Most of the time I see people attempting to connect only to get booted after a second or two. I am using the 12.3 version to stream.

Error codes are for my use. They don't really mean anything to the user.

On the Server side, You should see a more friendly type of message such as "Port In Use".
On the Client side, error codes are most likely because the Client can not connect to the Server.

Are you running a server and clients can connect and stay connected?
Do you see the error codes on the client side?

jasonhouk

ProScan version 12.3 purchased as I program all the local scanners for Police, Sheriff and Fire as well as the local electronics store. Where is the setting for SYSTEM PROTECT? This function is very helpful in not getting units back to reprogram.

Thanks
Jason Houk

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan version 12.3 purchased as I program all the local scanners for Police, Sheriff and Fire as well as the local electronics store. Where is the setting for SYSTEM PROTECT? This function is very helpful in not getting units back to reprogram.

Thanks
Jason Houk

The System Protect checkbox was taken out Dec. last year. It was creating problems. I run a test just now on a BCD996P2 firmware ver. 1.07.07 conventional system to see for certain what the problems are. Uploading a system with the System Protect bit set to 1 will take but downloading the system, most fields are empty. I was also getting a lot of reports of ghost systems in the scanner or memory full. All though I never saw that myself.

Last edited: