ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
And.... I just purchased my ProScan license. $50.00??? I would have paid you twice that much. I've paid twice that much for less functionality, less support, and very quirky software. Keep up the good work Bob!

Thanks for the comments and license purchase. Will do.

mandlair

Hi,All I cannot get Proscan program to my sds 100 port in use by another program? Nothing is connected and I deleted all printers and such? Anyone else have that problem tia Mike

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi,All I cannot get Proscan program to my sds 100 port in use by another program? Nothing is connected and I deleted all printers and such? Anyone else have that problem tia Mike

The port in use message means you are trying to open the comm. port. The comm. port is not used for programming. Insert the USB cable then put the scanner in Mass Storage mode.

mandlair

The port in use message means you are trying to open the comm. port. The comm. port is not used for programming. Insert the USB cable then put the scanner in Mass Storage mode.
Just trying to see scanner on screen? Not programming! Well anyway I tried mass storage says the same thing? thank Mike

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Just trying to see scanner on screen? Not programming! Well anyway I tried mass storage says the same thing? thank Mike

In this case you want to use the comm. port. Double and triple check that other software isn't using the port. If still a problem then reboot the computer. After you insert the USB cable then put the scanner in Serial Port mode.

mandlair

Thank's Bob and everyone, After trying it probably 100 times today it finally worked! Maybe too much stuff on my laptop or something? Now to check it out the fun stuff....lol And then thru Sentinal or Proscan need to definitely customize. Oh, speaking of which can I do like all PD's Blue, Fire red, Ems green? I only have it about 24 hours, Receive is far superior over the Homepatrol -1 But I do miss the touch screen and size! So hopefully I can somewhat do something with the display setting.

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
Folks, I need testers for the next version of ProScan.

This version is called 14.2 Preview 1. It should be production quality.
  • Added - Options to disable the logging grids.
  • Improved - BCD536HP & SDS200 Audio Wi-Fi/LAN connection.
  • Fixed - MP3 recordings was creating multiple rows when shouldn't and not recording audio under certain conditions.
  • Fixed - Recorder options MP3 ID3v2 and WAV tags when off was writing the tags to the recording files.
  • Fixed - Source Client Current Listeners stopped working when connected to Broadcastify.
  • Fixed - Set Scanner Clock (on supported models) was causing problems when used in the RSOIP Client mode.
Unzip and copy the files over the original. Stop ProScan first.

I'm most interested in these area:
  1. One person is seeing lockups/program not responding messages when using the Web Server. I'm unable to duplicate problem. I want to see how wide of a problem this is.
  2. One person is reporting the recorder is not recording P25 systems. The recorder is not based on type of system. I'm unable to duplicate problem.
  3. The connection to the audio Wi-Fi/LAN has been greatly improved. I just need verification.
  4. Need verification that the Source Client is stable and stays connected to Broadcastify, Icecast, & Shoutcast servers.
  5. There was a memory leak. You may have seen an exemption error window popup showing "Out of Memory" when executing the WriteFiles method. I rewrote that method so just need verification.
Send me any bug reports or post here your findings.
Thanks

Testing for few hours now so far so good

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
When I start Proscan the squelch setting is always set to 0 connected via LAN.

That will happen (along with the volume) if ProScan isn't communicating with the scanner. Is the LAN setup and communicating?
I see the squelch at mid position when I start it up using the LAN.

Lotek

Premium Subscriber
My bad it is working perfectly.
That will happen (along with the volume) if ProScan isn't communicating with the scanner. Is the LAN setup and communicating?
I see the squelch at mid position when I start it up using the LAN.
My bad. It's working perfectly.

Marxhere

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
Set the Resume Scan/Search function to Off. It's located in the upper right corner of the program. If you don't see it then click the small box to maximize it. You must of turned it on at some point
Thank you so much! I would have never even noticed the option! I have looked high and low for an answer. It works great now!

mandlair

Is there a way to set up the color display, To do like all PDS blue, fire red, Ems green? Or I guess I'm asking for too much....Lol It does not look like it But I thought I would ask, I only had it for a few days and have been busy in between I'm trying to program instead of full data base.

Disk4mat

Is there a way to set up the color display, To do like all PDS blue, fire red, Ems green? Or I guess I'm asking for too much....Lol It does not look like it But I thought I would ask, I only had it for a few days and have been busy in between I'm trying to program instead of full data base.
Depending on your model of scanner you can specify an "Alert Color" for individual frequencies and TGID's for each system. In my screenshot I have all ems as red. In a Fire group I have yellow and so on for other services.

Attachments

• Colors.JPG
    Colors.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 17

mandlair

So I guess The sds 100 does not have that option? I'm having real problems with the USB port hooking up with Proscan and it is driving me crazy! I can't even read from the scanner to see how to program?I have to mess with it and mess with it and I think in 3 days I only had it hook up maybe 3 times!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
So I guess The sds 100 does not have that option?
What option are you referring to? Alert Color? Yes it does. They are set at the channel level.

I'm having real problems with the USB port hooking up with Proscan and it is driving me crazy! I can't even read from the scanner to see how to program?I have to mess with it and mess with it and I think in 3 days I only had it hook up maybe 3 times!
For reading and writing the Favorites in the scanner, the scanner needs to be in Mass Storage mode.
Are you able to put the scanner in Mass Storage mode? After that, click the ProScan Favorites Edit Scanner Read button.

For logging & virtual display, the scanner needs to be in Serial Port mode.

mandlair

Hi Bob, I have done as you say like several hundred times? once or twice I can get the port did work with proscan virtual control, but not with mass storage?