Disk4mat

Ok some research on your model turned up the following information via searching this forum.

SDS100 USB Ports/Connectors

Commands for ProScan I know are only passed through the mini port.
The micro can be used to power only.

mandlair

I use the cable that came with it in the power port, It worked off and on I even logged some then it started getting harder and harder to connect now it does not connect at all it hasn't in a few days!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I believe most people and Bob are using the stock cable? I'm I correct in thinking that?
Could be a bad USB cable, no harm in trying a different cable since you're pulling your hair out anyway over this issue. Also, confirm that you are using the bottom USB2 port on the SDS100, and not the top USB1 port?

Disk4mat

If the cable is not a data cable it wont work (according to the information in the link I posted) If your cable started out as working and slowly stopped it would indicate a bad cable (a short).

Possibly, maybe, the port on your computer has an issue. Can you try using a different usb port just to rule that out? Otherwise I think you are looking at getting a replacement cable that was meant for the scanner.

mandlair

Tried all ports, Says in use by another program! And also no one is using the sock cable with Proscan for serial port? I didn't think it was a wide spread issue?

randybcd396t

Premium Subscriber
Tried all ports, Says in use by another program! And also no one is using the sock cable with Proscan for serial port? I didn't think it was a wide spread issue?
May not matter, but are you connecting using a USB hub on the PC? If so try connecting directly to a PC USB port.

nick223

Feed Provider
Any idea what this code means 400 Bad Request- Error code 11 received that all night in the source client trying to connect to Broadcastify

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Any idea what this code means 400 Bad Request- Error code 11 received that all night in the source client trying to connect to Broadcastify

It means no audio. Are you using a BCD536HP Wi-Fi. If you go to the Source Client tab, do you see the URL Setup button flash red? Did the computer reboot?

mandlair

Update after hours of messing with everything and I mean everything! I got it narrowed down to too many instances of uniden serial ports? I deleted one and restarted I have Proscan running sort of I switched back to new version, But now for the life of me cannot get to read Uniden cfg File I reread scanner and back to serial nope! Any ideas on that one? Bob? Oh and also since messing with it I found now when Proscan dropped to taskbar cant click on it and see what is scanning it did when I had it running last?

mandlair

I don't know, but just one has been kicking my ***! Must be just me or my pc or my scanner? Also, I noticed through all of this my scanner will partially charge even if I have charging off and no light? Well, that is probably for a different forum, But not right none the less!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
But now for the life of me cannot get to read Uniden cfg File I reread scanner and back to serial nope! Any ideas on that one?

I take it you want to display the Sentinel colors. Is that correct? If yes then do the following.

1. Go to the Options -> Scanner Specific tab
2. Look for the option near the bottom "Display Color Mode". Choose Sentinel colors and not ProScan colors
3. Click the "Sentinel profile.cfg File Location" button
4. Navigate to the Sentinel Profile folder which is usually
..\Documents\Uniden\BCDx36HP\Profile
5. Choose a profile folder containing the desired colors
6. Click on OK

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Windows will often move USB/Serial port assignments like musical-chairs. IE: If you boot Windows with a a USB laser printer ON, and a color inkjet printer ON and a WEB camera ON then turn your scanners and get it all working, then restart Windows with one or some of those other devices OFF the your scanners will end up on other emulated USB/Serial ports and you will need to reconfigure the software for the new port assignments the scanners now reside on. This is a real pain in the butt if you're constantly moving things to different ports, connecting, disconnecting, turning them ON & OFF. I like the good old days when scanner used real RS232 serial ports and PC's had at least two serial ports or you added additional serial ports on a PCI card. I still have two real serial ports on my Dell Workstation and they're a joy to use!

mandlair

I take it you want to display the Sentinel colors. Is that correct? If yes then do the following.

1. Go to the Options -> Scanner Specific tab
2. Look for the option near the bottom "Display Color Mode". Choose Sentinel colors and not ProScan colors
3. Click the "Sentinel profile.cfg File Location" button
4. Navigate to the Sentinel Profile folder which is usually
..\Documents\Uniden\BCDx36HP\Profile
5. Choose a profile folder containing the desired colors
6. Click on OK
Thanks Bob, It was in documents presets It works now I not ready to shut it all down! But hopefully, it will all work in the a.m. WHEW!