ryanjdrew

Hey all-

I did spend 20 minutes trying to find a similar post with this issue. I have a BCD325P2 with proscan. Had this issue before but forgot how I fixed it... Restarted the dedicated Windows machine that the scanner is connected and I also started the web server through Proscan and the broafcastify feed through Scannercast. The scanner virtual display of the scanner is just blank. And there is no activity logged/etc. in proscan yet it tells me that the scanner is in use "by this instance.' Like I said I did something last time - may have been a reinstall of the proscan software - to fix this but I don't remember what it was.

Thank you!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hey all-

I did spend 20 minutes trying to find a similar post with this issue. I have a BCD325P2 with proscan. Had this issue before but forgot how I fixed it... Restarted the dedicated Windows machine that the scanner is connected and I also started the web server through Proscan and the broafcastify feed through Scannercast. The scanner virtual display of the scanner is just blank. And there is no activity logged/etc. in proscan yet it tells me that the scanner is in use "by this instance.' Like I said I did something last time - may have been a reinstall of the proscan software - to fix this but I don't remember what it was.

Thank you!
If the port is showing "In Use By This Instance" What I would do is

1. Set the port to None then click on Set
2. Insure the cable is connected from the scanner to the computer
3. Power cycle the scanner
4. Click the Auto Detect button and see if the BCD325P2 shows in the list

Also mandlair reply regarding using sysinternals doesn't apply in this case

N4NWD

Premium Subscriber
Under comm port hit [auto detect] then hit [refresh ports] then hit the drop down and select the correct port and then hit [set] and [close]

ryanjdrew

If the port is showing "In Use By This Instance" What I would do is

1. Set the port to None then click on Set
2. Insure the cable is connected from the scanner to the computer
3. Power cycle the scanner
4. Click the Auto Detect button and see if the BCD325P2 shows in the list

Also mandlair reply regarding using sysinternals doesn't apply in this case

That worked just fine! Thank you. A side question...any way to set proscan to keep recording for x seconds past the time a transmission ends? (in order to try and get a whole "conversation" in one recording)?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
That worked just fine! Thank you.
Anytime the computer reboots, the scanner should be power cycled to restore the serial port data transfer. That's a known problem with the scanner and all scanners using the same driver.

A side question...any way to set proscan to keep recording for x seconds past the time a transmission ends? (in order to try and get a whole "conversation" in one recording)?

Not in ProScan as I don't think that would work to good. It's best handled in the scanner using the system Delay parameter.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 15.3 Just Released.
  • Fixed - Source Client was intermittently disconnecting from the server when using the BCD536HP Wi-Fi and SDS200 LAN.
ProScan supports the BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD325P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, SDS100, SDS200, SDS100E, SDS200E, UBCD3600XLT, & USDS100 scanners.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

Made in the USA

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan had an update today and my virus program indicated an unknown file and possible virus. Anyone have same problem?

What is the anti-virus program, name of virus or trojan, does it happen during the install or program start?

NakedFaerie

did you remove the mallware from your app so i can use my license with it?
i just got a new scanner and found out there is no Uniden programming software for it so this is the only way i can program it but as the old version has bugs i would like to upgrade.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
did you remove the mallware from your app so i can use my license with it?
i just got a new scanner and found out there is no Uniden programming software for it so this is the only way i can program it but as the old version has bugs i would like to upgrade.

You were given a complementary license in exchange for promoting ProScan. It was a mistake as I told you via email many times. It was revoked once you started with the nasty stuff.

NakedFaerie

You were given a complementary license in exchange for promoting ProScan. It was a mistake as I told you via email many times. It was revoked once you started with the nasty stuff.
thats the problem, YOU NEVER LISTEN.
My license got revoked when my scanner was getting repaired. you banned the wrong license. i did nothing when you banned it, i got abusive AFTER you started abusing me. Want me to show you your abusive emails?
you banned my license, you abused me, all for no reason. I keep trying to tell you i did nothing wrong. My scanner was broken for about 6 months. I had 0 need to visit any scanner site until it got repaired. when i got it back thats when i found you revoked the license and i tried to fix the problem but you were sure i was the one to blame and you kept not listening to me and kept telling me i was abusive and all that.

as i keep saying I DID NOTHING WRONG. YOU BANNED THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Will you ever listen? or do I have to repost your emails to show you proof again?

All I've ever wanted was my license working again. you banned the wrong person, you never listen, you keep blaming me for something someone else did.
i dont know what happned as I keep saying my scanner was broken when you banned my license so whatever happened i had nothing to do with it.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
thats the problem, YOU NEVER LISTEN.
My license got revoked when my scanner was getting repaired. you banned the wrong license. i did nothing when you banned it, i got abusive AFTER you started abusing me. Want me to show you your abusive emails?
you banned my license, you abused me, all for no reason. I keep trying to tell you i did nothing wrong. My scanner was broken for about 6 months. I had 0 need to visit any scanner site until it got repaired. when i got it back thats when i found you revoked the license and i tried to fix the problem but you were sure i was the one to blame and you kept not listening to me and kept telling me i was abusive and all that.

as i keep saying I DID NOTHING WRONG. YOU BANNED THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Will you ever listen? or do I have to repost your emails to show you proof again?

All I've ever wanted was my license working again. you banned the wrong person, you never listen, you keep blaming me for something someone else did.
i dont know what happned as I keep saying my scanner was broken when you banned my license so whatever happened i had nothing to do with it.

Be honest and stop playing games.

mancow

Database Admin
I've generated more sales than I can count just by work of mouth to friends and even professionals (shops using it to remotely monitor systems) but I would have never went begging. It's $50 for two. It's the best thing out there and is worth the price. Just chalk it up to one of life's annoyances and move on.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Quick question here - is it necessary to do the updates if you only use ProScan for virtual display and control? I notice most if not all of the update features are focused on the streaming and server side of things which I have no use for. The update notices are a pain every time I open an instance of ProScan. I like it just the way it is - if it ain't broke don't fixit - so if I do not want to update can I disable these notices? And, if I do not update, like some programs, will it act up on me and eventually fail to function? Thanks in advance for the replies - :)

Not to be confused or associated with any other post here, this is a question for Bob - thanks

JD
kf4anc

NakedFaerie

Quick question here - is it necessary to do the updates if you only use ProScan for virtual display and control? I notice most if not all of the update features are focused on the streaming and server side of things which I have no use for. The update notices are a pain every time I open an instance of ProScan. I like it just the way it is - if it ain't broke don't fixit - so if I do not want to update can I disable these notices? And, if I do not update, like some programs, will it act up on me and eventually fail to function? Thanks in advance for the replies - :)

JD
kf4anc
I can answer that. no you dont need to upgrade if you dont want to. I still use 7.2 and its working fine except for 1 bug which we all know about but he refuses to help me fix it.