ausscan

Premium Subscriber
Is there a list of Protocol Commands for the 436 available anywhere?

jafrankenstein

Premium Subscriber
I bought a key after activation and it tells me no internet access. But I have internet access on my browser.

Attachments

• 5EDABC11-002C-4B57-A34D-D68ACB333032.jpeg
    5EDABC11-002C-4B57-A34D-D68ACB333032.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 14

SaSal

Gotta say, Outstanding bit of software.
Undertaking a new scanning station that will also be casting, few SDS200's and around 6 or so SDR's ; for managing the SDS's Proscan just makes quality of life simple. End goal - what I really want, would be for Proscan to be the recording /archiving and streaming solution across both SDS's and SDR's, will update as things progress, but just wanted to again say how nice it is to use a mature-stable and easy to use bit of kit, great job.

W8WCA

Can I use the Remote Control Over IP to just stream the SDS200 audio?

It does not have the delay the web server does.

I want to listen to my scanner from my Note 8 or my iPhone 8

I tried it using Custom Radio Player app on Android and does not connect

Probably not setup to but wanted to ask

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Can I use the Remote Control Over IP to just stream the SDS200 audio?

It does not have the delay the web server does.

I want to listen to my scanner from my Note 8 or my iPhone 8

I tried it using Custom Radio Player app on Android and does not connect

Probably not setup to but wanted to ask
The RSOIP (Remote Scanner Over IP) feature requires ProScan RSOIP in client mode or the Free ProScan Client at the far end so it will not work on mobile devices.

The Web Server feature latency is produced by the media player network buffer. If using the Web Server, you may want to try using a different media player with reduced latency. WinAmp (WIn OS flavor) latency is around 3 seconds. There's also an option on the web page "Metadata Delay". That will delay the web page display and text tags so the audio will appear in sync.

Last edited:

W8WCA

The RSOIP (Remote Scanner Over IP) feature requires ProScan RSOIP in client mode or the Free ProScan Client at the far end so it will not work on mobile devices.

The Web Server feature latency is produced by the media player network buffer. If using the Web Server, you may want to try using a different media player with reduced latency. WinAmp (WIn OS flavor) latency is around 3 seconds. There's also an option on the web page "Metadata Delay". That will delay the web page display and text tags so the audio will appear in sync.

I am not seeing the MetaData delay n the Web Server Tab area.

Maybe I am missing it?

W8WCA

WinAmp (WIn OS flavor) latency is around 3 seconds.

Guess I forgot VLC can stream!

In the past I have setup my Linux Box to stream via IceCast and DarkIce those had a fair delay too though.

I may just use as is - If I can find the Delay The Data will be in sync for nicer setup

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to understand PS and how it handles logging, specifically, RSSI readings.
While there's traffic, RSSI readings fluctuate. When the transmission is over, PS records the highest reading.

Is there a way for PS to as an alternative, record the lowest RSSI?

I'm trying to determine the best filter/squelch combination when receiving a particular system.

As of now, I'm making a list of the lowest RSSI readings, with varying filters and squelch settings.

I'm monitoring a P25 simulcast system.

I'm making a list, and writing down, the results.

However, I'm bothered by not knowing how either the radio or PS, handles this data.

I feel that, in this endeavor, digital errors also plays a role, but, PS, doesn't have this feature. Maybe it is not important, maybe the radio itself does not allow the software to record this, maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way and instead, should focus on the RSSI readings.

I'm using an SDS 200.

Your thoughts and opinions, welcome.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
ProScan logs the RSSI as sent from the scanner. ProScan doesn't log the highest RSSI.
I get what you say, but, as I'm monitoring in real time, I see the RSSi fluctuate to lower numbers than PS records. At the end of the transmission, that's where I see PS record the highest number overall.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I get what you say, but, as I'm monitoring in real time, I see the RSSi fluctuate to lower numbers than PS records. At the end of the transmission, that's where I see PS record the highest number overall.
You can compare the RSSI values received from the scanner. Go to the Test & Extra tab and look for the Rssi= property. Another way is go to the Options -> General tab then check the option "Scanner Data To Scanner Data.txt File" box then look at the Scanner Data.txt file.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
ProScan records the very last RSSI value before the transmission ends, not the "highest" observed. Understand that what ProScan is doing is simply logging the info that comes across the connection to the scanner in real time, which is observable by watching the Test & Extras screen. Nothing more, nothing less.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
You can compare the RSSI values received from the scanner. Go to the Test & Extra tab and look for the Rssi= property. Another way is go to the Options -> General tab then check the option "Scanner Data To Scanner Data.txt File" box then look at the Scanner Data.txt file.
Is the RSSI= Property a protocol command?