plaws

Premium Subscriber
ProScan Bob and users. Need guidance with audio recording feature. Favorites Lists Editor has an option to check a box to record per channel selected. Will this record (audio) only on selected TG's or is this only for logging purposes? Would love to audio record selected TG's if possible.

That mostly controls the Rec Out port. On the 996P2 (and probably T and XT) the Rec Out port is fixed level. I have mine set to "Record everything possible in the radio" because I send the audio from that port to a mixer and then to powered speakers, so I don't want to have to remember to set the right level on the radio *too*.

My BC780XLT doesn't do the same. I can set or not set the record bit on a channel, but the Rec Out port audio level is still controlled by the volume knob. I dunno if the 785D/796D were the same. Glad Uniden learned from that mistake. Hope it stayed fixed in the BCD536HP and the SDSes.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
The Recorder will go into the Recording state when the channel is picked up. Any audio at the input(sound card or WiFi/LAN) will record.
Ensure the System level Record parameter is set to Marked Channels and the Favorites Editor is opened.
Went through the setup per your instructions above. Highlighted the system in FL Editor, moved over to Record tab and selected Marked Channels. In my departments I have the box checked under record for those I want to record. Selected Recorder tab,turned the recorder on and left for work. When I returned home checked recordings and every transmission from all channels scanning were recorded, not just what was selected. Not sure if it was supposed to happen this way. FYI, initially done in ver 16.5. Updated to 16.6 with same results. Also, under Audio Control /Recorder, Input sound device is set to URL. Please advise if I'm doing something wrong and the FL Editor was open during this

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi Bob, awesome application, I'm having a ball using it to identify all the units on my local systems.

I hope I'm just missing it in the settings but is there a way to list the Talk Group Name in the UID logging tab? I see the Talkgroup ID but the name would help me identify what department an unknown UID belongs too.

Right now I'm using the Recorder to identify units but I can't edit the UID lookup file form that tab (or can I?).

Thanks!

-Andrew-
Negative, not at this time. The absolute best way to make a suggestion is by email. That way I can ask questions and you get the latest file with the suggestion sooner than later.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Went through the setup per your instructions above. Highlighted the system in FL Editor, moved over to Record tab and selected Marked Channels. In my departments I have the box checked under record for those I want to record. Selected Recorder tab,turned the recorder on and left for work. When I returned home checked recordings and every transmission from all channels scanning were recorded, not just what was selected. Not sure if it was supposed to happen this way. FYI, initially done in ver 16.5. Updated to 16.6 with same results. Also, under Audio Control /Recorder, Input sound device is set to URL. Please advise if I'm doing something wrong and the FL Editor was open during this
Can you double the system that is set to Marked Channels is the same system with the channels set to record. Also double check that you don't have more channels set to record then you think. It works here.

I think I know what it is. In the Recorder tab. Check the box "Lookup Record Flag From Database"

Last edited:

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
How do I edit the bank names for a BC780xlt? I cannot figure this out (but evidently I've done this in the past!) Thanks in advance.

Edit: figures. Scan/Search Banks.

Last edited:

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Can you double the system that is set to Marked Channels is the same system with the channels set to record. Also double check that you don't have more channels set to record then you think. It works here.

I think I know what it is. In the Recorder tab. Check the box "Lookup Record Flag From Database"
Thanks, I'll try it. I hope this helps others as well. Just deleted all recordings and starting fresh. I'll reply with an update but it's mainly fire ops and mutual aid channels selected. May take a while.

mancow

Database Admin
Hopefully I'm not asking about something that's been covered but for the last few weeks I've noticed a problem where the recording function stops after a few hours. There is no indication in the record tab that the signal is being received but all audio and everything else operates normally. I have to close the program and restart it. I'm on the latest version.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hopefully I'm not asking about something that's been covered but for the last few weeks I've noticed a problem where the recording function stops after a few hours. There is no indication in the record tab that the signal is being received but all audio and everything else operates normally. I have to close the program and restart it. I'm on the latest version.
What changed in the last few weeks? Can you revert to an earlier version to see if it still happens? I don't believe any changes in that area in the longest time.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I'll try it. I hope this helps others as well. Just deleted all recordings and starting fresh. I'll reply with an update but it's mainly fire ops and mutual aid channels selected. May take a while.
UPDATE: The Lookup Record Flag did the trick. Only recording what is selected. However, as mancow stated (#5670), the recorder function turns itself off. I noticed this happens when the monitor goes to sleep. Can't say if this was a problem in the past because I've just begun to explore the recording feature.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
However, as mancow stated (#5670), the recorder function turns itself off. I noticed this happens when the monitor goes to sleep.
When you say "the recorder function turns itself off." Does that mean the Recorder button is changing to a "Pressed Out" effect? That shouldn't happen.
Could the root cause be more like the serial port or sound device going to sleep?
Are you using a scanner with WiFi or LAN audio?

mancow

Database Admin
When you say "the recorder function turns itself off." Does that mean the Recorder button is changing to a "Pressed Out" effect?
Could the root cause be more like the serial port or sound device going to sleep?
Sorry, bad terminology.

No, all indicators are that it's set to record. Button is still lit, audio level meter still fluctuates, level threshold lights indicate, etc. It's just that nothing new appears or existing recording entries do not update. Active view is checked, each transmission new row is not checked.

I need to add that this is on the remote monitoring client side of things using the regular program not the free client. I am going to remote into the server side where the radio is out at a tower and check what it's doing next.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Sorry, bad terminology.

No, all indicators are that it's set to record. Button is still lit, audio level meter still fluctuates, level threshold lights indicate, etc. It's just that nothing new appears or existing recording entries do not update. Active view is checked, each transmission new row is not checked.

I need to add that this is on the remote monitoring client side of things using the regular program not the free client. I am going to remote into the server side where the radio is out at a tower and check what it's doing next.
Also check that the row is not grayed out indicating that perhaps the path and filename length are not exceeding 260 characters

mancow

Database Admin
Path/file doesn not appear to be the issue. I turned it on here at work at about 8:07 AM. I just checked before typing this after noticing the radio had stopped on some noise during a search. The recording grid was not updating with the new entry and there was no indication in the grid of any activity although the audio indicators were active and showing audio of the static. I restarted the program and it is again working normally. I checked by opening the squelch.

I did some cleanup on the remote side and it was not up to date. I pushed it to the newest version. I will continue to monitor and time it to see if it continunes to happen.

Last edited:

paparazzo

Feed Provider
I have installed the latest update but there is still an issue with the history logging.

I am scanning a favorite list containing several HAM DMR Repeater. Some of them are in the same network called Brandmeister.
So if someone is talking in a TG e.g. 91 ans the scanner holds on one of the repeater frequencys the correct entry in the history list is done. After a few seconds the scan continues and stoppes on another repeaterfrequency belonging on the same network with TG 91 also active, the 1st entry is overwritten. A new frequency will only be apendet to the history tab if a different TG is active which has not "seen" by the history tab bevore.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have installed the latest update but there is still an issue with the history logging.

I am scanning a favorite list containing several HAM DMR Repeater. Some of them are in the same network called Brandmeister.
So if someone is talking in a TG e.g. 91 ans the scanner holds on one of the repeater frequencys the correct entry in the history list is done. After a few seconds the scan continues and stoppes on another repeaterfrequency belonging on the same network with TG 91 also active, the 1st entry is overwritten. A new frequency will only be apendet to the history tab if a different TG is active which has not "seen" by the history tab bevore.
Did this happen on ver 16.5 too and any earlier versions?
What's the scanner type?

{edit} Are all the transmission that gets overwritten are 2 seconds or less? Does it happen on transmission longer than 2 seconds?

Last edited:

paparazzo

Feed Provider
Did this happen on ver 16.5 too and any earlier versions?

What's the scanner type?

{edit} Are all the transmission that gets overwritten are 2 seconds or less? Does it happen on transmission longer than 2 seconds?

The behavior was different, please see ma posting on that here: ProScan: - Official Software Thread

It's an SDS-200E

All transmissions are longer than 2 seconds.

Thanks for investigating.