johnbednarski

GREENFIELD, Franklin County, Massachusetts
I had this also. Temp fix is open Comm port, change to "None", hit SET, change back to URL, hit SET.
Thanks @JeffBH for the suggestion. I was about to give this a whirl when I received a notification that ProScan has released update 17.8.0. I downloaded and installed this version in the usual manner. ProScan V17.8.0 appears to be functioning in all respects now, in my installation. Thanks everyone!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Neither 17.7.0 or 17.8.0 worked for me. Exact issue as described by
johnbednarski. I've reverted to 17.6, it's working fine.

Thanks @JeffBH for the suggestion. I was about to give this a whirl when I received a notification that ProScan has released update 17.8.0. I downloaded and installed this version in the usual manner. ProScan V17.8.0 appears to be functioning in all respects now, in my installation. Thanks everyone!
Is this the issue? It was fixed in 17.8 and the OP noted it. So I'm not sure if you are referring to this or something else. The absolute best way to resolve any issues is by email. When I get bug reports via email, I send out test files 90% of the time until fixed or at least to see what's going on. Why don't you send me an email, that is if you want to help fix it if needing fixing.

ProScan Bug Reporting and Suggestions

beachside

I've noticed a big increase in CPU usage in 17.8. I have about 0.2% per instance in 17.6, and about 12% per instance in 17.8 - Not sure why that is. Is there a setting added that could impact CPU that much?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've noticed a big increase in CPU usage in 17.8. I have about 0.2% per instance in 17.6, and about 12% per instance in 17.8 - Not sure why that is. Is there a setting added that could impact CPU that much?
I keep posting the Bug Reporting link. I guess people don't read it. Here's the contents.

If you discover a bug, send an email to support@proscan.org . The advantage of email is so I can ask questions and send you production quality files with additional testing to help fix the bug. The person reporting the bug will get the fix sooner than waiting for the next release.

Bug Reports - Advise on the following:
  • Product (ProScan, Free Client, or RadioFeed):
  • Version:
  • Scanner type:
  • Scanner firmware version (if applicable):
  • OS type:
  • Options pertaining to the bug:
  • Describe in detail what the bug is doing or not doing:

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
If anyone is experiencing a high CPU usage in 17.8, please email me so I can send out test files. I never received an email from beachside so I don't know if this is an issue.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Any word on when 17.9 is coming? I may revert back to an older version if it's gonna be a while. Currently can't rely on webserver in 17.8.
Negative, Someone emailed me a few days ago on the Web Server causing ProScan to crash so I will be looking at it this week and next week. Revert back and let me know what happens.

{edit} Can you email me a Bug Report if you want to help fix the problem. Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Last edited:

RidgeRunner01

Premium Subscriber
Apologies, I started a separate thread and last corrispondence I had with you said not to email you because you had been notified by someone elae with the same issue.

Shall I email you the information? Or would you like to check the original post out?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Apologies, I started a separate thread and last corrispondence I had with you said not to email you because you had been notified by someone elae with the same issue.

Shall I email you the information? Or would you like to check the original post out?
Yes, email me so I will have all the info in one place and I will send you test files to see what's going on.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

For clarification, the person that emailed me a few days ago is the same person I referred to in the other thread. I sent him 1 file with a small change and it failed so I will be looking into it this week and next week in detail. I have 2 reports on 17.8 including your report.

I've had 3 or 4 reports on this going back to 17.3 or so. 2 or 3 people reported ver. 17.8 fixed it. No changes in the Web Server in a long time so I'm not sure if the problem started with 17.1 targeting the .NET Framework 4.8 or an audio related problem and not a Web Server problem. The problem may just appear when the Web Server is running.
If you email me, advise if you are serving Folders & Files.