ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Congratulations. I am using the recording feature which is great because I can return home and hear everything on my favorite talkgroups. I learned that you need a ground fault interrupter between the earphone jack and the input on the computer to avoid noise and distortion. I tried this with two computers and USB audio inputs as well. I used an earphone splitter cable and separate computer speakers since using loopback in the Audio Control produced some distortion.
Thanks, One thing. It's actually a Ground Loop Isolator and not a GFI.

wharris

Premium Subscriber
Proscan is already BOGO. (Buy One, Get One Free). You can use two instances on the same license.
Speaking of those two licenses, I have a question about that.

I recently had to rebuild my laptop, quite unexpectedly.
I never had the chance to uninstall proscan, (or any other software) prior to rebuilding.
I've just finished re-installing Proscan. I can't help but wonder if I burned a license doing this...
Any thoughts?

scannerman3

Premium Subscriber
In my oppinion everyday is a black friday deal with ProScan. You get a lot for the money.
I just bought Proscan software. It is best for the price. I had it mixed up with another company that had Blackfriday days in the past. Thanks everyone for the feedbacks.

scannerman3

Premium Subscriber
Is that a serious question? Proscan is easily worth a lot more.
I just bought Proscan software. It is best for the price. I had it mixed up with another company that had Blackfriday days in the past. Thanks everyone for the feedbacks.

scannerman3

Premium Subscriber
Proscan is already BOGO. (Buy One, Get One Free). You can use two instances on the same license.

scannerman3

Premium Subscriber
"can't help but wonder if I burned a license doing this...
Any thoughts?"

Email Bob at proscan, he can fix that... If that's the case.

support@proscan.org

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
I turned 'Record' off on all the systems.
Double check your audio input. If you had “record” turned on it will record the channel when there is activity, but if the audio input is not set up properly it will record nothing. Just a quiet recording.

Jeta1

In Proscan,
1.) I'm trying and have been trying to obtain a "lets encrypt"cert and cannot for the life of me get my port 80 to be accessible. "Failed Acquiring Certificate -3" error. I've port forwarded port 80 and port 443 and it just fails, probably blocked by my ISP. Are there any tricks of the trade to obtain a valid certificate? I did try a "self signed" certificate but the site gives me err-validity too long error. I need the https to iframe into my PHP site because of site security.
2.) Will Proscan only work under the "get my IP" website or could I direct the server to run under my paid domain website?

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
In Proscan,
1.) I'm trying and have been trying to obtain a "lets encrypt"cert and cannot for the life of me get my port 80 to be accessible. "Failed Acquiring Certificate -3" error. I've port forwarded port 80 and port 443 and it just fails, probably blocked by my ISP. Are there any tricks of the trade to obtain a valid certificate? I did try a "self signed" certificate but the site gives me err-validity too long error. I need the https to iframe into my PHP site because of site security.
To find out if your ISP is blocking port 80, start the Web Server using port 80 then go to canyouseeme.org and see if it's successful.
Perhaps temporarily disable any Internet Security/Anti virus software and see if that works.

{edit} Don't mess with port 443. That port uses the secured method and if you don't have a certificate yet then port 443 won't work.

{edit 2} Try this if still unsuccessful. 1) Turn on the WiFi hotspot on your phone. 2) Set your computer network connection to the phone WiFi hotspot. 3) Start the web server on port 80 then try canyouseeme.org to see if it's successful. If successful then turn off the web server and try to obtain the letsencrypt cert. again.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
2.) Will Proscan only work under the "get my IP" website or could I direct the server to run under my paid domain website?

I've seen all kinds of web pages using the ProScan web server display. If you know html, javascript, and the DOM then let your imagination run wild.

Last edited:

Feed Provider
Inspect the web page in Chrome to see how it works or better still download the server web page while its running and it will have all the scripts that run it. (easier to see what's going on that way.)

Use a website Downloader like httrack. Much easier to just link an audio stream from the server to another web page.

Last edited:

thinbluebbq

Feed Provider
Hello. I have been a proscan user for a while. I just picked up a BC125AT to set up a feed for mil air and civil air near me but I don't see the 125AT on the list of scanner types. Is this scanner not supported? Hoping I don't have to manually program this one. Thanks.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello. I have been a proscan user for a while. I just picked up a BC125AT to set up a feed for mil air and civil air near me but I don't see the 125AT on the list of scanner types. Is this scanner not supported? Hoping I don't have to manually program this one. Thanks.
The 125 is not supported by ProScan.

However, look at the scanner's Wiki page.

Towards the bottom of the page, you'll see links for the software Uniden provides, as well as "Scan125". I don't have that scanner model, so I can't advise you which may be better.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 18.1 Just Released!
  • Added - Web Server SSL certificates now accept private keys with passwords.
  • Added - Web Server SSL certificates now support ECDSA P-256 & ECDSA P-384 private keys.
  • Fixed - Favorites Editor - Changing the system type in the grid (on the right side) wasn't showing the NXDN systems.
  • Fixed - Logging UID text tags on DMA scanners with the text tag prepended with "%" percent character broke in an earlier version.
ProScan Website

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!
Made in the USA