bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Well, seems running 2 scanners on the HP mini does like it. Got the sds200 going good. Then got the 15x going. The audio I was getting on the 15x was all tone. So after messing with the audio on the mini computer, it nuked both scanners. Shut everything down until tomorrow to try one more time. Dam win10 sucks. My win7 system handled Both just fine. Just wanted a dedicated mini pc to record both scanners. This sucks. Will try tomorrow one more time before I go back to my win7 system I built. Should have known better to buy a HP.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Well, seems running 2 scanners on the HP mini does like it. Got the sds200 going good. Then got the 15x going. The audio I was getting on the 15x was all tone. So after messing with the audio on the mini computer, it nuked both scanners. Shut everything down until tomorrow to try one more time. Dam win10 sucks. My win7 system handled Both just fine. Just wanted a dedicated mini pc to record both scanners. This sucks. Will try tomorrow one more time before I go back to my win7 system I built. Should have known better to buy a HP.
I think Win 10 and Win 11 are the most stable versions. I would make sure each instance of ProScan are in different folders. If you have a constant tone then go to the Audio Control - Test tab then turn off the Tone Generator.

Chris0516

I think Win 10 and Win 11 are the most stable versions. I would make sure each instance of ProScan are in different folders. If you have a constant tone then go to the Audio Control - Test tab then turn off the Tone Generator.
I found a lot of users complaining about Win11. Because some of the updates after upgrading to Win11 have been a nightmare. I am presently dealing with an update that requires a detailed solution to fix it. I missed the cutoff point of, being able to go back to Win10.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
I found a lot of users complaining about Win11. Because some of the updates after upgrading to Win11 have been a nightmare.

We just updated 600+ workstations to Win11, and it was fine. I must be leading a charmed life. Run multiple instances of ProScan on a Windows 10 HP ProDesk (mini) for years, sometimes as many as 7 instances, along with Unitrunker or sdr-trunk, with nary a hiccup. Have a completely unsupported laptop (Intel mac) that runs Win11 (native, not virtualized) and all my SW flawlessly without any tricks, voodoo, or magic.

Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 1.40.24 PM.png

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
I didn’t install twice. Just double clicked on the icon and a second one popped up. Didnt do that on my win7 system. Was wondering if a possibility of a conflict. I’ll install another one and see how it goes. Thanks

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I didn’t install twice. Just double clicked on the icon and a second one popped up. Didnt do that on my win7 system. Was wondering if a possibility of a conflict. I’ll install another one and see how it goes. Thanks
The setup file in Win 7 and Win 10 are exactly the same. When running the setup, you will be prompted for the directory to install ProScan in. Choose a different folder for each instance.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I found a lot of users complaining about Win11. Because some of the updates after upgrading to Win11 have been a nightmare. I am presently dealing with an update that requires a detailed solution to fix it. I missed the cutoff point of, being able to go back to Win10.
Is that another app or ProScan? The Win 11 APIs that ProScan using haven’t changed. It could be a Win 11 option.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
You don't have to install twice. Create a second folder, copy the contents of Proscan into the new folder. I also recommend renaming the folder to reflect the instance i.e. 1)BCT15x 2)SDS200. Also create a new Shortcut directed to the second instance and rename.

Chris0516

We just updated 600+ workstations to Win11, and it was fine. I must be leading a charmed life. Run multiple instances of ProScan on a Windows 10 HP ProDesk (mini) for years, sometimes as many as 7 instances, along with Unitrunker or sdr-trunk, with nary a hiccup. Have a completely unsupported laptop (Intel mac) that runs Win11 (native, not virtualized) and all my SW flawlessly without any tricks, voodoo, or magic.

View attachment 125590
More power to you, and I hope it stays that way. I only had to do a simple Google search to find that there are still a lot of bugs.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You don't have to install twice. Create a second folder, copy the contents of Proscan into the new folder. I also recommend renaming the folder to reflect the instance i.e. 1)BCT15x 2)SDS200. Also create a new Shortcut directed to the second instance and rename.
Bob with PROSCAN has always said to run more than 1 instance PROSCAN to install a copy for each instance you are going to run each in a different folder.
I am running 16 copies in 16 different folders on 1 PC.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Are there hidden files files in the folder that needs to copy over too? Not hard to unhide the files until after the transfer then hide them back in folder options. I'll look at it today and see. Also, think I found the culprit nuking both when I was messing around with the sound system. Had to disable the mixer. Since the system nukes both scanners, had this high pitch noise coming from the speakers I couldn't stop until I disabled the mixer. Could not adjust it out. One reason why I prefer to build my computers is installing just a OS, and not the crap HP, Dell, etc., put on top of the OS.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Are there hidden files files in the folder that needs to copy over too? Not hard to unhide the files until after the transfer then hide them back in folder options. I'll look at it today and see. Also, think I found the culprit nuking both when I was messing around with the sound system. Had to disable the mixer. Since the system nukes both scanners, had this high pitch noise coming from the speakers I couldn't stop until I disabled the mixer. Could not adjust it out. One reason why I prefer to build my computers is installing just a OS, and not the crap HP, Dell, etc., put on top of the OS.
No hidden files.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
I run 13 on 1 computer but I use windows 7 so I can turn off updates, all 13 scanners are remoted and it is a huge pain when the computer restarts for an update. :)
I agree most issues are Windows issues

RidgeRunner01

Premium Subscriber
Is there a feature, or can I request a feature for the client side? Occasionally my client will disconnect, and I have to go in and hit the refresh button on my browser and start the audio feed again. I seem to remember a conversation with Bob (Proscan) That this had something to do with the Uniden SDS200 and had it handled periods of no activity.

I have a tablet in my kitchen that stays connected to my scanner 24/7 I have it set on the server side to automatically start proscan and the webserver in the event of a computer restart, but it'd be nice if I could check a box on the client side to keep the connection persistent somehow.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is there a feature, or can I request a feature for the client side? Occasionally my client will disconnect, and I have to go in and hit the refresh button on my browser and start the audio feed again. I seem to remember a conversation with Bob (Proscan) That this had something to do with the Uniden SDS200 and had it handled periods of no activity.

I have a tablet in my kitchen that stays connected to my scanner 24/7 I have it set on the server side to automatically start proscan and the webserver in the event of a computer restart, but it'd be nice if I could check a box on the client side to keep the connection persistent somehow.

Per my proscan.org site
Bug Reporting and Suggestions.png

Last edited:

tdel1

Premium Subscriber
I am pretty sure this is user error on my part, but I'm only having problem with a newly created favorite and I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

I plugged the scanner into my PC, loaded ProScan and pressed . for serial, it connected. I loaded my favorites list and switched to mass storage mode and read from scanner, all good.

I created a new favorite list, we will call this list 10. I added some frequencies to this list. I created another list, we will call this list 11, I added some frequencies to this list, but I also wanted to move some frequencies from list 10 to list 11 so I clicked and dragged from list 10 to list 11, worked fine.

List 10 was set with qk 10 and list 11 was set with quick key 11. Everything looked good here and and switched back to MSM to write to the scanner, using the default check boxes during write, I clicked OK and the lists made it to the scanner.

Here is the issue on the scanner, all lists are off, I enabled list 10, it told me there was nothing to scan. I went to the menu to check the quick keys and the message is 'Failure No Quick Keys Assigned' so I turn that list off, turn on list 11 and it is scanning everything I programmed.

I plugged the scanner back in and compared the settings between the two lists within ProScan and everything looks fine (as I explained above) nothing seems to be off/missing. I'm not sure if I'm overlooking something in ProScan or if something happened when I clicked/dragged into the new list. Being that this is the 11th favorite list I've made, it is also the only one I'm having an issue with.

Thanks.