ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm having trouble with updating. I have done this many times without issue. I'm getting a few errors. The first one being something is using proscan.exe and it asks me to close it. I close it and then I get errors on proscan.exe and lame_enc.dll saying error code 5 delete file failed. Any ideas? When asking to close, nothing is running related to proscan per task manager.
I wasn't familiar with error code 5. I had to look it up. It's a Windows error code. Google "error code 5"

Error Code 5 is a Windows error code that appears when the user does not have sufficient permission to access the requested file or location.

FFgreg2003

Feed Provider
I wasn't familiar with error code 5. I had to look it up. It's a Windows error code. Google "error code 5"

Error Code 5 is a Windows error code that appears when the user does not have sufficient permission to access the requested file or location.
I ended up removing proscan from starting when windows starts and rebooted again. Updated no problem this time.

I looked into the admin rights prior to asking for assistance and everything seemed to be set properly.

The only thing I can think of is maybe some process wasn't closing when ending proscan to update even though I saw nothing in my task manager indicating something was still open.

Simply removing proscan from starting automatically and rebooting fixed the issue in the end.

Thanks for the help!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I ended up removing proscan from starting when windows starts and rebooted again. Updated no problem this time.

I looked into the admin rights prior to asking for assistance and everything seemed to be set properly.

The only thing I can think of is maybe some process wasn't closing when ending proscan to update even though I saw nothing in my task manager indicating something was still open.

Simply removing proscan from starting automatically and rebooting fixed the issue in the end.

Thanks for the help!
One thing you could try is install ProScan in any folder except C:\Program Files (x86) and C:\Program Files and see what happens.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
What can I do to nullify background noise(squeaking chair, squeaking door, human conversation, etc.) in the recording? I can't find it in the manual.

Yeah, sounds like you have a mic on the computer selected as your audio source? Should be your direct connection from your scanner to the computer instead.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The next version is going to have a Check the RRDB for Changes feature. It 's only for systems originally imported from the RRDB. It should be ready in about 2 to 3 months. Supports the DMA, BCDx36HP, and SDSx00 scanners.

View attachment 134449

The Check RRDB for Changes feature is coming along nicely. Ready in about 7 weeks.

RRDB Changes.png

Last edited:

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
Hi Bob:

Probably a silly question, but will the comparison of what's in RRDB be able to ignore what I've edited in the list locally? I imported from RRDB using ProScan but went in and cleaned some things up afterward.

For example, there are some really LONG names for things in the Indiana SAFE-T list & I have gone in and edited several of them using abbreviations, so they fit better on the screen of the SDS 100/200. My guess is a simple comparison will flag a "change" when looking at RRDB. TGID is the same, but the channel name/agency wouldn't match.

NOT a game changer, as I'd rather have new entries flagged from RRDB than try & find the new stuff on my own.

Looking forward to this update for sure. Thanks for putting so much work into ProScan. It's an amazing application.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
For example, there are some really LONG names for things in the Indiana SAFE-T

I always have wondered why Uniden decided to use the "description" field from the dB instead of alpha tag. For me, it's almost faster to just manually program the favorites and tags

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I always have wondered why Uniden decided to use the "description" field from the dB instead of alpha tag. For me, it's almost faster to just manually program the favorites and tags
Uniden started using the Description when the HomePatrol scanner came along, and every derivation of the HP since (HP-2, x36HP, SDS) have done the same. The older models still use the Alpha Tag field.

The change was made because of the way the HP based models display info on their screens, which is to include the top level categories along with the channel name. So you see:

ABC County
Fire/EMS
Fireground 1

Instead of:

ABC County
Fire/EMS
ABC Co FG 1

The whole idea is to a) not duplicate the top level info, which the Alpha Tag normally does and b) to be able to provide a longer and presumably better channel name.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi Bob:

Probably a silly question, but will the comparison of what's in RRDB be able to ignore what I've edited in the list locally? I imported from RRDB using ProScan but went in and cleaned some things up afterward.

For example, there are some really LONG names for things in the Indiana SAFE-T list & I have gone in and edited several of them using abbreviations, so they fit better on the screen of the SDS 100/200. My guess is a simple comparison will flag a "change" when looking at RRDB. TGID is the same, but the channel name/agency wouldn't match.

NOT a game changer, as I'd rather have new entries flagged from RRDB than try & find the new stuff on my own.

Looking forward to this update for sure. Thanks for putting so much work into ProScan. It's an amazing application.
The 'Check for RRDB Changes' feature is not using text tags for matching, exactly for that reason of editing text tags. It uses the RRDB indexes for system and group/site levels, and frequencies (conv. and site) and talk groups for matching the channels.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Using Version 20.7 with a BCD325P2.

In one particular conventional system, I want to change "Audio Type" from "All" to "Digital Only". Likewise I want to change the "P25 NAC..." from "Search" to "P25 167"

Copy and paste works for only one line at a time, even if I select multiple lines. "Fill Down" doesn't work at all. What am I missing?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Using Version 20.7 with a BCD325P2.

In one particular conventional system, I want to change "Audio Type" from "All" to "Digital Only". Likewise I want to change the "P25 NAC..." from "Search" to "P25 167"
It works here. Try this.
1. Change the 1st cell to Digital Only
2. Click that cell with the left mouse button.
3. Hold down the Shift key while clicking the last cell to change to Digital Only then release the Shift key.
4. At this point all the cells you want changed should be selected. Right click over the selected cells and choose Fill Down.

5. Repeat the above steps to change the P25 NAC

Copy and paste works for only one line at a time, even if I select multiple lines.
Use the tree on the left side. Select the nodes you want to copy & paste then use the Copy & Paste menu items

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
If I make a change to my favorites list how do I write it back to The SDS100 without changing my quick key settings?
Uncheck the option "Turn On All System, Dept., & Site Quick Keys In The Scanner & Ignore the Quick Key Status tabs". You should see it in the window that appears just before writing.

n9upc

Not sure if this the correct forum/thread...

Looking to use PROSCAN and was wondering to get a list of which ID and TG are being used on a P25 or DMR (536HP scanner) is that in close call or does it do it automatically? Looking to monitor a system but would like to have ID/TG/Audio be able to correlate.

Also being new any good references for streaming or being able to listen via another computer or app? Willing to learn just need direction to a reference.