ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,645
Reaction score
5,250
Location
Ontario, Calif.
ProScan Version 1.7 Build 2 includes the RadioReference Imports feature, improved Scanner Over IP, and bug fixes.

Supported scanners are the BCD996T, BC796D, BC785D, BC780XLT, BC296D, and the BC250D.

I'm thriving to make this the best Computer Aided Scanning program and suggestions are very much appreciated.

http://www.proscan.org/index.htm

Bob
 

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,645
Reaction score
5,250
Location
Ontario, Calif.
Downloaded via auto update and direct from website, after installation I receive an error message and the program will not open. Had to uninstall and go back to version 12.13.

What error message did you receive? You may of had ProScan running while doing the install. Just exit ProScan before installing.
 

druhe

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 18, 2003
Messages
784
Reaction score
206
Location
Southwest Pa
Downloaded via auto update and direct from website, after installation I receive an error message and the program will not open. Had to uninstall and go back to version 12.13.

Found v14.0 in my download file reinstalled it it's working fine. Tried 14.1 again still no good
 

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 18, 2002
Messages
1,001
Reaction score
33
Location
Lebanon, Pa.
Started ProScan and upon startup was informed 14.1 now available. It downloaded and installed with no errors. Thanks Bob.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
 

mrkelso

Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2008
Messages
1,517
Reaction score
158
Location
NNJ
Hey Bob, i like the way you layed out the Display for the SDS100 any chance of having that same layout for the 436 ?
 

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
2,687
Reaction score
1,696
Location
Fairborn, OH
I am fairly new to ProScan and do not use it for programming my 536, basically just for virtual display. I will most likely program sds100 with Sentinel as well and use ProScan for virtual display and computer control, although I want to eventually learn to program with ProScan too. Do I pay for another license/radio, or does the dual license for (2) uses on 2 different comps apply to radios as well?

I am about to go ahead and pull the trigger on an SDS100 and want to know exactly what I have to do to get it to work with ProScan. I have it running with my 536 and it is wonderful, and Bob's customer service is terrific.

So all I have to do is update to 14.1 and its ready to go? Plug and play? Can I run two GUIs on one comp, one for my 536 and one for my sds100? Learning as I go:)

JD
kf4anc
 

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,645
Reaction score
5,250
Location
Ontario, Calif.
I am fairly new to ProScan and do not use it for programming my 536, basically just for virtual display. I will most likely program sds100 with Sentinel as well and use ProScan for virtual display and computer control, although I want to eventually learn to program with ProScan too. Do I pay for another license/radio, or does the dual license for (2) uses on 2 different comps apply to radios as well?

I am about to go ahead and pull the trigger on an SDS100 and want to know exactly what I have to do to get it to work with ProScan. I have it running with my 536 and it is wonderful, and Bob's customer service is terrific.

So all I have to do is update to 14.1 and its ready to go? Plug and play? Can I run two GUIs on one comp, one for my 536 and one for my sds100? Learning as I go:)

JD
kf4anc

Each scanner type should be in a different folder. That way, each instance of ProScan will have its own config and logging file. Install ProScan in another folder or copy an existing folder to a new folder. You can run as many instances of ProScan as you want on a single computer.

Each license entitles you to activate ProScan on 2 separate computers. . It's not by scanner type.
 

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 18, 2002
Messages
1,001
Reaction score
33
Location
Lebanon, Pa.
I'm not clear. Changing Quick Key, System or Site level? What is suppose to display OFF or ON?

Yes when turning on or off Favorite lists, or Systems, and or departments, it displays on the x36 display

Quick key

## On

or

Quick Key

## Off

however this is not displayed in the ProScan scanner interface. After a slight pause the interface display just resumes scanning.
 

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,645
Reaction score
5,250
Location
Ontario, Calif.
Yes when turning on or off Favorite lists, or Systems, and or departments, it displays on the x36 display

Quick key

## On

or

Quick Key

## Off

however this is not displayed in the ProScan scanner interface. After a slight pause the interface display just resumes scanning.

Take just the Favorites List for now. On the ProScan virtual keypad, pressing a numeric key then E key will turn Off or On the Favorites Quick Key. The ProScan virtual display shows that Favorites List Off or On.
 

wm8s

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Oct 30, 2004
Messages
811
Reaction score
11
Location
Houston, TX
On the "UID Logging" tab on my SDS100, am I the only one whose "UID Number" column is blank for every entry? "UID Before Lookup" contains the correct tag, but the #s are all blank. Am I doing something stupid? [It works fine on my BCD536HP.]

...R
 
Last edited:

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 18, 2002
Messages
1,001
Reaction score
33
Location
Lebanon, Pa.
Take just the Favorites List for now. On the ProScan virtual keypad, pressing a numeric key then E key will turn Off or On the Favorites Quick Key. The ProScan virtual display shows that Favorites List Off or On.
It does not display the text that displays on the scanner.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
 
Top