mancow

Database Admin
I went to lunch with the laptop running. When I came back an hour later the recorder is not working again. History logging is working normally and jumping to active entries in the grid but the recorder tab does not highlight or indicate anything is being recorded.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
When you say "the recorder function turns itself off." Does that mean the Recorder button is changing to a "Pressed Out" effect? That shouldn't happen.
Could the root cause be more like the serial port or sound device going to sleep?
Are you using a scanner with WiFi or LAN audio?
Using LAN. The Record button when on has a gray background. When off, turns white like the others. Any recommendations how to check serial port or sound device? Windows 10. Before I checked the Lookup Record Flag option, the recorder stayed on and recorded everything, including marked channels.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Using LAN. The Record button when on has a gray background. When off, turns white like the others. Any recommendations how to check serial port or sound device? Windows 10. Before I checked the Lookup Record Flag option, the recorder stayed on and recorded everything, including marked channels.
Perhaps it's the LAN. I would Google "lan sleep mode disable"
{edit} If using the LAN for the data then the Serial Port is not involved and no need to check that. Same with the sound card.

Last edited:

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps it's the LAN. I would Google "lan sleep mode disable"
{edit} If using the LAN for the data then the Serial Port is not involved and no need to check that. Same with the sound card.
It was the LAN. Ran several checks to verify before replying. All is good and recording as set. Once again thank you for your help and this awesome product!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm not to sure what OFT is. I tried to look it up and I only seen something dealing with DMR but this system is p25p1
One Frequency Trunk. Program the channel as a P25 One Frequency "system" and you will then see any UID in use. You will not be able to see that info if you program it conventionally.

Reconrider

One Frequency Trunk. Program the channel as a P25 One Frequency "system" and you will then see any UID in use. You will not be able to see that info if you program it conventionally.
I think I finally figured out how to do the OFT. Just have to upload and test.
I'm still new to the sds100 so I'm always learning -

Reconrider

I think I'm setting it up wrong. I set it up and it says nothing to scan but it is turned on. Can you show me how to set it up please? thanks

edit: @fxdscon

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Did you populate the location coordinates and service radius settings for the department(s) and site(s)? If location control is on and you don't populate those fields, the scanner thinks they are in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and will never scan them.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
How can I download version 16.6 ? I go directly to the download page and keep receiving:
This site can’t be reached
The connection was reset

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
How can I download version 16.6 ? I go directly to the download page and keep receiving:
This site can’t be reached
The connection was reset
It works here.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
It works here.

I receive that message when I go to : https://www.proscan.org/ProScan_16_6.zip