Gary333

It's running now. I will get into this now.

I wanted to thank everyone for helping me get this software going.

BOBRR

Hello,

Thinking of purchasing Proscan, and would like to ask the following, please:

For the Uniden SDS 200:

a. Can it be used to modify the SDS 200

e.g., to show which FL's are active, or which Filters are being used, etc.

b. Is this the "Official" Proscan Forum ?

c. Other than a cleaner interface, might someone please tell me
what Proscan can do that Sentinel or Butel ARC cannot ?

Much thanks,
Bob

BOBRR

Hi,

I didn't ask this correctly:

Can it modify the SDS 200 Display ? e.g., what shows, where ?

Or, must this be done with Sentinel ?

Thanks,
Bob

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I didn't ask this correctly:

Can it modify the SDS 200 Display ? e.g., what shows, where ?

Or, must this be done with Sentinel ?

Thanks,
Bob

It must be done with Sentinel as the display colors editor is part of the profile. I didn't make a profile editor as that would be 100% duplication that couldn't be improved on so I could spend time in other areas.

Now if Uniden decides to make Sentinel and the firmware accept all colors (16,777,216 values) and not just the predefined colors then I could come up with a dynamite color editor.

{edit} Your questions may be answered by trying the 30 day fully functional demo / trial.

Last edited:

evilmarmot

Proscan is recording and saving files, but cannot play them back. line turns green then blue. VLC opens them but doesn't play and if I open them in Windows Media Player I get the following error. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

BOBRR

Hello,

Please bear with me a bit on this. New at, and the "old age" problems.

Would like to play with controlling my new SDS 200 directly from ProScan.

I have selected an unused COMM Port, and that selection seems O.K.

But, now what ?
There is no USB Port from the SDS200 to connect to PC.

Do I use the Micro USB, or the LAN Port ? Or,...?

I tried the Micro USB, and it went into that Detected Mass Storag dtected, Press E message routine.

So, please, walk me thru, in detail please, connecting the radio to ProScan on my W10 pc.

And, once we get that all set, what do I do to have the graphic/icon of the SDS200 become active and actually control the scanner ?

Thanks, appreciate the help,
Bob

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Please bear with me a bit on this. New at, and the "old age" problems.

Would like to play with controlling my new SDS 200 directly from ProScan.

I have selected an unused COMM Port, and that selection seems O.K.

But, now what ?
There is no USB Port from the SDS200 to connect to PC.

Do I use the Micro USB, or the LAN Port ? Or,...?

I tried the Micro USB, and it went into that Detected Mass Storag dtected, Press E message routine.

So, please, walk me thru, in detail please, connecting the radio to ProScan on my W10 pc.

And, once we get that all set, what do I do to have the graphic/icon of the SDS200 become active and actually control the scanner ?

Thanks, appreciate the help,
Bob

For controlling and logging the front Micro USB port or the LAN Port can be used. The advantage of the LAN port is it also carries the audio so the audio cable from the scanner to the sound card is not needed. Another advantage is the serial port driver doesn't need to be installed.

Are you going to use the front Micro USB connection or LAN? If using the Micro USB then you will need the driver. Also the scanner needs to be in Serial Port mode. Here is the page containing the link to the driver. See the Windows Serial Drivers section.

evilmarmot

Proscan is recording and saving files, but cannot play them back. line turns green then blue. VLC opens them but doesn't play and if I open them in Windows Media Player I get the following error. Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.
resolved by choosing my primary sound device instead of URL in audio setup/recorder - which is what the instructions say to do - but who reads instructions anyway

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
resolved by choosing my primary sound device instead of URL in audio setup/recorder - which is what the instructions say to do - but who reads instructions anyway
The Wi-Fi could of experienced interference, low signal, flaky dongle, dongle location, etc. Probable the Packet Loss was high.

XPS720

Premium Subscriber
Hello ProScan,
I must say it is a great logging program for scanners. I use it with my Uniden BCD536HP all the time. I purchased the new Uniden SDS200 and it seems to launch it's self on the BCD536HP History and UID log. I did create a separate log folder for each scanner. I would like to start each scanner with its own log history and UID. There must be a way to load each scanner and keep its logging.

Thank you,

73's

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello ProScan,
I must say it is a great logging program for scanners. I use it with my Uniden BCD536HP all the time. I purchased the new Uniden SDS200 and it seems to launch it's self on the BCD536HP History and UID log. I did create a separate log folder for each scanner. I would like to start each scanner with its own log history and UID. There must be a way to load each scanner and keep its logging.

Thank you,

73's

Each instance or ProScan needs to be in a separate folder so the config and logging will be unique to that instance.
Make a new folder then copy the contents from the 1st folder into the new folder. Set the config of the instance in the new folder.

XPS720

Premium Subscriber
Yes I did call each folder by the scanner name and launched the program from that folder. So now I see 2 icons with separate scanners.
P.S. I would like to see a ProScan for my AOR-AR8600, it is a scanner, true it has no digital but many still use this rig. Something to think about.

Thank you,

caltain

Got a strange one. I’m getting all the data stream and can control the SDS200 fine via URL, but cannot connect to the audio stream at same IP.

In the interest of attempting self-help, I did perform all the suggested remedies on the URL setup dialog. None helped. I poked around the ProScan folder and I did find the following error in the URL Audio Client Log.txt file:

Error Code 5 - System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer)

at URLAudioClient.SendInitHeaders() in \ProScan\URLAudioClient.vb:line 178

Win 10 Pro, ProScan 15.4, SDS200

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
In the interest of attempting self-help, I did perform all the suggested remedies on the URL setup dialog. None helped.
I would for the heck of it, double and triple check everything especially the scanner IP address is entered correct in ProScan.
Perhaps power cycle the router, computer, & scanner again.

caltain

I would for the heck of it, double and triple check everything especially the scanner IP address is entered correct in ProScan.
Perhaps power cycle the router, computer, & scanner again.

Like I said, it’s a weird one. I’m deep into the double digits of rechecking everything. The only unusual thing I can point to is that the scanner is on a different local subnet from the computer. I don’t know a thing about the development end of your software, but clearly the data and audio streams are handled separately. Is it possible that the data code is able to resolve the IP with the jump to the second subnet and that the audio code is either more restrictive by its default assumptions or somehow hard codes the subnet mask?

As I said, all is fine with the data stream in both directions. I am able to see the screen mirrored to the computer and fully operate the scanner remotely, but the audio stream will not connect.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Like I said, it’s a weird one. I’m deep into the double digits of rechecking everything. The only unusual thing I can point to is that the scanner is on a different local subnet from the computer. I don’t know a thing about the development end of your software, but clearly the data and audio streams are handled separately. Is it possible that the data code is able to resolve the IP with the jump to the second subnet and that the audio code is either more restrictive by its default assumptions or somehow hard codes the subnet mask?

As I said, all is fine with the data stream in both directions. I am able to see the screen mirrored to the computer and fully operate the scanner remotely, but the audio stream will not connect.

The difference between the data and audio is the data uses UDP only while the audio uses UDP and TCP.
ProScan can't talk to the scanner Wi-Fi audio for some reason. Nothing in ProScan can cause or fix that. ProScan is trying to communicate with the other side and can't for some reason. It's what's between ProScan and the scanner Wi-Fi that is causing it.

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
I am trying out the demo proscan, and am able to connect remotely, using the free client on the other end, but am not able to directly connect to the server from the inside or outside my net. Is that function not available in the demo ??

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am trying out the demo proscan, and am able to connect remotely, using the free client on the other end, but am not able to directly connect to the server from the inside or outside my net. Is that function not available in the demo ??

The 30 day demo / trial is fully functional.
{edit}
The Free Client works but the full ProScan version does not work. Is that correct?
Work on the inside connectivity issue first. After you got that going then work on the outside issue as that requires one more step with configuring the Router Port Forwarding.

Insure you are entering in the IP Address and port # correctly.

Last edited: