SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Firmware 1.03.03M/1.01.05S Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badboy536

Premium Subscriber
I still perfer firmware 1.02.05b .it Definitely works better here in Los Angeles for LAPD.and seems to be more Sensitive on receive both digital and analog. The latest Beta firmware does not decode LAPD as well and the MTA Metro bus lines edac always lose's the signal when its full bars on the signal meter.the 1.02.05b does not do this.

scanner_geek

Premium Subscriber
Excuse me guys, how can I get my logs and post them ? Is there a .TXT file I can copy, zip and post ?

Can someone show me how and I will post what I have for South Florida.If this was covered could someone send me a link ?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Excuse me guys, how can I get my logs and post them ? Is there a .TXT file I can copy, zip and post ?

Can someone show me how and I will post what I have for South Florida.If this was covered could someone send me a link ?
See this for how to create a log.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
The NAC is irrelevant in this case. The radio is deaf no matter what mode or band it is in. VHF, AM, FM, FMN, 800 -Edacs/ P25 PI doesn't matter, all I receive is rythmic kerchunking.

I have instructions from Jenna at Uniden and the unit is going back this week as soon as I get off shift.

~S~
___
Mine was doing the same thing, so back it went yesterday.

Before that it was working flawlessly here. It just stopped receiving.
Just wondering guys what where the serial numbers associated with your units? I have a fairly low serial number of 44 I want to keep the radio as kind of a collectors unit but now you have me wondering if there maybe a hardware issue to look out for?
Thanks,
Bob

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Firmware version 1.02.5B Main with 1.01.05 Sub works better in Los Angeles for LAPD (clear reception)

WX4JCW

I’m not having issues with #1679

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Firmware version 1.02.5B Main with 1.01.05 Sub works better in Los Angeles for LAPD (clear reception)

Record and post a debug log so the firmware engineers can determine why. A general statement that reception isn't as good does not help identify and resolve the problem.

WX4JCW

im noticing that while trunking a P25 system the NAC is not always transmitting, sometimes even the other data such as WACN and RFSS ID,

if i have a NAC set for a site, will i miss transmissions?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Yes. But I believe NAC is always being sent. So, the issue might be poor receive quality. What is RSSI, NOISE, D-ERROR?

Badboy536

Premium Subscriber

I have to agree that's exactly what I'm using the new Beta just doesn't receive that well in Los Angeles

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I have to agree that's exactly what I'm using the new Beta just doesn't receive that well in Los Angeles

That is not an actionable report. Without logs and more descriptive than provided, there is nothing we can do.

WX4JCW

Yes. But I believe NAC is always being sent. So, the issue might be poor receive quality. What is RSSI, NOISE, D-ERROR?

Decode Errors are not over 5 actually, Noise is Fluctuating between 700-14000 but voice decode is perfect, no audible dropped packets

the data is not consistent now i am not missing any transmissions on the Ohio Marcs Columbus Simulcast with the site nac enabled, the data display just drives me nuts

scrotumola

Just wondering guys what where the serial numbers associated with your units? I have a fairly low serial number of 44 I want to keep the radio as kind of a collectors unit but now you have me wondering if there maybe a hardware issue to look out for?
Thanks,
Bob

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have numbers 45 and 579. 45 Is performing at about 75%.... 579 is one that is deaf and will be shipped to Uniden this weekend.\

ecarvalho

Premium Subscriber
I have numbers 45 and 579. 45 Is performing at about 75%.... 579 is one that is deaf and will be shipped to Uniden this weekend.\

is that the last set of digits?
mine ends in 016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bob-k

I may have oopsed

Previously I did firmware updates through the Sentinel but now I wonder if I did it right. I did it by way looking in the firmware folder no opdates there. So I did it by way of the zip file copy and pasted then fired up the scanner and looked found the Firmware was updated.

My question do I need to update the two older updates which know I know was not orrectly done or is it built into the new firmware? Do I back update my firmware or is it up to date now Main 1.03.03 Sub 1.01.05.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• 20180711_120707.jpg
    20180711_120707.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 252

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
All firmware completely replaces previous versions. Note that you really should only be doing these public beta versions if you are wanting to test against improvements to reported issues and want to provide log files in the event you experience issues that are not yet resolved.

GrandpaFrank

Can you tell me where to find that firmware please? Also, I tried downgrading "after flashing zip from post #1" and the scanner doesnt seem to downgrade. It's like the x36hp where you just put firmware in the firmware folder on sd card and reboot scanner right?

Status
Not open for further replies.