SDS100/SDS200: SDS100, Provoice, DMR, Menu, Questions.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Hey everybody i got some questions i want to ask you so to understand certain things a bit better.

I hear that provoice is not really used anymore and getting the upgrade would be pointless, what is provoice exactly? the way i understand it is it's like FM or analog, What is the label for provoice here on the RRDB?

I did just purchase the DMR upgrade and i have the NXDN upgrade as well, with the DMR upgrade do you have to do any other programming or does getting the upgrade work instantly with no other programming required?

Ok is there a way to stop the scanner from doing that cut out when u press hold on a channel, what i mean is when i'm just scanning around for new things and it stops on some traffic and i press hold it first cuts out the traffic before the hold goes into effect can that be changed? i know it's petty but i'm genuinely curious.

I know alot has been said on the filters and how you really just have to test and try in a trial and error manner, i have done alot of reading on the filters and from what i understand the best for analog signals is off meaning use no filter for analog what do you all think about that? by the way i'm using wide invert for my digital channels and i think that works the best for digital and off for analog.

Now i have some channels that are on the same freqs like for instance i pick up wise 151.9550 and i pick up search and rescue with the same freqs and i have several more channels that are just like this , what do i do in these situations how do i know which is the right place for the freqs? another example is 161.8000 i pick up oakwood on STARS and i get Maritime on 161.8000 but the maritime is analog and the oakwood is P25 digital it's really confusing.

I have a DMR channel that when i pull it up on dsdplus fastlane i have a strong signal and in the event window it shows "DMR BS DCC.6 RAS" and the freqs is 154.5437 I'll attach a picture showing it. i'm not hearing any traffic on it and when i punch it in on the sds100 i just hear a BReeeeee sound for a few seconds then it stops then starts again but it doesn't show anything like on the sds100 screen like slot 1 or slot 2 it doesn't show nothing like that and i have another freqs which is 460.3625 and in dsdplus it shows DMR (MOT) BS DCC:1 i try going to that freqs on the sds100 but i get the same thing, i'll attach a pic of it as well.

One more thing what does TIIIStd [Auto] Site:L1-5.6 DCC:0 mean i have gotten these from time to time but what does TIIIStd mean?

Thanks everyone have a great day.

Attachments

• pic3.png
    pic3.png
    391.8 KB · Views: 15
  • pic3.png
    pic3.png
    460.7 KB · Views: 14

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
what is provoice exactly?

Google is your friend

IMG_2833.jpeg

I did just purchase the DMR upgrade and i have the NXDN upgrade as well, with the DMR upgrade do you have to do any other programming or does getting the upgrade work instantly with no other programming required?
If scanning full database, no. If using favorites list, you need to have it programmed as dmr or nxdn.

is there a way to stop the scanner from doing that cut out when u press hold on a channel,
No.

Now i have some channels that are on the same freqs like for instance i pick up wise 151.9550 and i pick up search and rescue with the same freqs and i have several more channels that are just like this , what do i do in these situations how do i know which is the right place for the freqs? another example is 161.8000 i pick up oakwood on STARS and i get Maritime on 161.8000 but the maritime is analog and the oakwood is P25 digital it's really confusing.
Program it correctly. 161.8 is stars site and should be programmed as a trunked system. 161.8 as maritime would be programmed as a conventional channel with audio type set to analog.

I have a DMR channel that when i pull it up on dsdplus fastlane i have a strong signal and in the event window it shows "DMR BS DCC.6 RAS" and the freqs is 154.5437 I'll attach a picture showing it. i'm not hearing any traffic on it and when i punch it in on the sds100 i just hear a BReeeeee sound for a few seconds then it stops then starts again but it doesn't show anything like on the sds100 screen like slot 1 or slot 2 it doesn't show nothing like that
Because you’re punching it in, and not defining its mode. So it plays as conventional. Needs to be programmed in as digital. See programming digital channels in marks scanners.com

tvengr

Well Known Member
ProVoice is used for digital voice on EDACS systems. The SDS100 will receive analog EDACS systems ("A" in Mode column) without the upgrade. The upgrade is required only if you want to receive EDACS talkgroups with "D" in the Mode column. EDACS systems with ProVoice are pretty much dead. Only a few are left.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I hear that provoice is not really used anymore and getting the upgrade would be pointless, what is provoice exactly? the way i understand it is it's like FM or analog, What is the label for provoice here on the RRDB?
ProVoice is a digital mode used only on EDACS trunked systems. EDACS is no longer supported by he manufacturer, and just about all of the EDACS systems, with or without ProVoice) have been decommissioned & replaced with a different system type. Quite often, that is a P25 Phase II system. The manufacturer of the EDACS systems, Harris, no longer supports that format, and many of the former EDCAS systems have converted to P25 Phase II systems. Harris does produce that system type.

The only two active EDACS systems in Texas are a regional system in the Corpus Christi area, and one in Hidalgo County (Edinburg). The system in the Corpus Christi area is being replaced by a P25 Phase II system. As sites are built for the newer system, and users switch over, the frequencies from the old system are being transferred to the P25 replacement. Once everyone has moved, and the frequencies repurposed, the EDACS system will be shut down. The system in Edinburg appears to be little used, with most agencies on the system transferring to one of the other, P25, systems in Hidalgo County. I have no idea where they are in the conversion process, nor when the older system will be officially shut down.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Google is your friend

View attachment 171367

If scanning full database, no. If using favorites list, you need to have it programmed as dmr or nxdn.

No.

Program it correctly. 161.8 is stars site and should be programmed as a trunked system. 161.8 as maritime would be programmed as a conventional channel with audio type set to analog.

Because you’re punching it in, and not defining its mode. So it plays as conventional. Needs to be programmed in as digital. See programming digital channels in marks scanners.com
Ok good stuff. now what if i just copy the freqs and channels from the sentinel database and set up my fav lists like that do i still need to define it as DMR or is that already done by adding it from the sentinel database?

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
If its in the database correctly you should not have to do anything.
Do you have any idea what this freqs is? i have searched everything and i have searched the RRDB but i can not find it. it's a DMR freqs but i don't see anything that shows 154.5500 as DMR.

Attachments

• pic3.png
    pic3.png
    346.5 KB · Views: 21

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Do you have any idea what this freqs is? i have searched everything and i have searched the RRDB but i can not find it. it's a DMR freqs but i don't see anything that shows 154.5500 as DMR.
In your screenshot, you are tuned to 154.5475 (not 154.55). From FCC Frequency Search, this frequency and 152.8775 are licensed to FCC Callsign: WQVP567 (Powell Valley Electric Coop). It is possible that this is what you are receiving.

The VA.csv file used in FMP/DSD+ has this as:
154.5475, 0, "Blooston, Mordkofsky, Dickens, Duffy & P", "9635 Radio Rd/Norton/WISE", 36.8894, -82.6205, "7K60FXE", "11K2F3E" ; VA​
152.8775, 0, "Blooston, Mordkofsky, Dickens, Duffy & P", "9635 Radio Rd/Norton/WISE", 36.8894, -82.6205, "7K60FXE", "11K2F3E" ; VA​

However, as you note, it does not look like these frequencies are included in the database.

Your dongle appears to be off-frequency. I believe this is causing you some confusion. You may want to refer to this post for tips on making a ppm adjustment (if you have not already done so).
SDPlus Fastlane Help PLEASE: #21

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks for this info big help i'm having a issue tho . i followed the instructions in the link u sent but how do i edit the FMP24.CC.bat file i tried using P0.+35.3 but it won't let me open the file when i put it in like that. what is the correct way to edit that file?

and is This the part i need to make sure is in the center?

My sds100 will stop on a dmr freqs but there is nothing on it no traffic happening or anything but it will stop on that freqs what could be causing that?

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
In your screenshot, you are tuned to 154.5475 (not 154.55). From FCC Frequency Search, this frequency and 152.8775 are licensed to FCC Callsign: WQVP567 (Powell Valley Electric Coop). It is possible that this is what you are receiving.

The VA.csv file used in FMP/DSD+ has this as:
154.5475, 0, "Blooston, Mordkofsky, Dickens, Duffy & P", "9635 Radio Rd/Norton/WISE", 36.8894, -82.6205, "7K60FXE", "11K2F3E" ; VA​
152.8775, 0, "Blooston, Mordkofsky, Dickens, Duffy & P", "9635 Radio Rd/Norton/WISE", 36.8894, -82.6205, "7K60FXE", "11K2F3E" ; VA​

However, as you note, it does not look like these frequencies are included in the database.

Your dongle appears to be off-frequency. I believe this is causing you some confusion. You may want to refer to this post for tips on making a ppm adjustment (if you have not already done so).
SDPlus Fastlane Help PLEASE: #21
Ok thanks for this info big help i'm having a issue tho . i followed the instructions in the link u sent but how do i edit the FMP24.CC.bat file i tried using P0.+35.3 but it won't let me open the file when i put it in like that. what is the correct way to edit that file?

My sds100 will stop on a dmr freqs but there is nothing on it no traffic happening or anything but it will stop on that freqs what could be causing that?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
i'm having a issue tho . i followed the instructions in the link u sent but how do i edit the FMP24.CC.bat file i tried using P0.+35.3 but it won't let me open the file when i put it in like that. what is the correct way to edit that file?

This is Uniden forum so please keep DSDPlus stuff in the appropriate forum.

The 35 ppm that @slicerwizard spoke of in that link applies to that persons dongle, which was off that much.

Your dongle will have a different value.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Your FMP bat file should look something like this:
FMP24 -rc -i1 -o20001 -P0.0 -b-12.5 -f857.2125​

To set the ppm adjustment to 35.3, change -P0 to -P35.3
FMP24 -rc -i1 -o20001 -P35.3 -b-12.5 -f857.2125​

Yes - the green should be centered within the shaded region. The green is the zoomed in frequency that you are tuned to.

Hopefully this helps you to identify the frequencies to program in your sds100.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber

Yes - the green should be centered within the shaded region. The green is the zoomed in frequency that you are tuned to.

Ok thanks for that. what about this i tune dsdplus to 155.2375 and i get NEXEDGE48 but sometimes it shows P25 and i will see traffic on both, this has happened several times on diff freqs and in sentinel i will see both the same freqs but in different counties. it's weird

AngWay

Premium Subscriber

Also i changed the ppm to +33.2 and when i restart dsdplus it begins by showing the green center off then it begins to correct it'self . is this how it's suppose to do it?

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks for that. what about this i tune dsdplus to 155.2375 and i get NEXEDGE48 but sometimes it shows P25 and i will see traffic on both, this has happened several times on diff freqs and in sentinel i will see both the same freqs but in different counties. it's weird
example is this freq155.2350 comes back as scott county p25 but in dsdplus it's showing NEXEDGE 48 CB RAN:1 what do i do when this happens? it's confusing .
Thanks

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
ProVoice is used for digital voice on EDACS systems. The SDS100 will receive analog EDACS systems ("A" in Mode column) without the upgrade. The upgrade is required only if you want to receive EDACS talkgroups with "D" in the Mode column. EDACS systems with ProVoice are pretty much dead. Only a few are left.
What happens or what do i do when i have 2 or 3 different locations with the same freqs and i put those in my favorite lists as each individually freqs and they are all the same type such as analog or digital .

For example i have 2 places Russel county and dickenson county and i'm close to both and they each have the freqs of 154.1600 how do i know which is which Russel County Dickenson County and they each are FM. there are several other situations like this as well. it's really confusing. THanks

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Dickenson County
154.160.............KNIH958BM103.5 PLDC FireFireFMFire Dispatch
154.160150.775WSW822RM103.5 PLHaysi FDHaysi FireFMFire-Tac

So if are those correct, 2 fire depts in the same county using the same PL, you would create one entry "Dc & Haysi Fire" and program the PL.

For the other that does not list a tone, try searching the tone. Then make the entry "Lebanon FD" and add the tone.

Lebanon, Town of​

154.160WNNA397MLebanon FDFireFMFire-Tac

Tones, pl, ctcss, dcs etc and the use of alpha tags help distinguish items in the fav list.

Last edited:

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Dickenson County
154.160.............KNIH958BM103.5 PLDC FireFireFMFire Dispatch
154.160150.775WSW822RM103.5 PLHaysi FDHaysi FireFMFire-Tac

So if are those correct, 2 fire depts in the same county using the same PL, you would create one entry "Dc & Haysi Fire" and program the PL.

For the other that does not list a tone, try searching the tone. Then make the entry "Lebanon FD" and add the tone.

Lebanon, Town of​

154.160WNNA397MLebanon FDFireFMFire-Tac

Tones, pl, ctcss, dcs etc and the use of alpha tags help distinguish items in the fav list.
Ok i must admit i'm lost here, if both are the same and on the same freqs how do you know what u are hearing. in sentinel how would i figure this out. if you could post some screenshots it would help a lot! how do i search the tone? Thanks for helping me with this i really want to figure it out there isn't a bunch i am able to listen to considering my area so every thing i'm able to get programmed in helps alot.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Ok i must admit i'm lost here, if both are the same and on the same freqs how do you know what u are hearing.
You need to listen. I am sure that even down South the units would identify on the radios with who they are. How far is Clintwood from Haysi? How far is Lebanon from Haysi and Clintwood?

Also possible the wrong tone is in the db either from an error or maybe they changed it.

how do i search the tone?

Read the scanner into Sentinel/Proscan. Looking in Sentinel, Lebanon should already be set to search for a tone.

1729793000888.png

1729793105709.png