BCDx36HP Firmware Update 1.26.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyGent

Banned
Banned
Sorry I'm nitpicking, sounds like an improvement as far as staying on TG, but the sound is more "tinny" more treble. but I'll get use to it. But much improved as far as staying on TG as mentioned, So I do give it a thumbs up overall so far after only 30 minutes since updating firmware on my 436. Thx Uniden!
Scan On.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
NYCOMCO DMR in Putnam County NY sounds a heck of a lot better. I like the ability to hold on the nearest site. Great job, Paul and the Team!

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I just noticed with the update 1.26 that my simulcast issue has been improved on my 536!

Funny thing in all the years I've had my 436 and 536, I never really had a problem with simulcast. I travel up to the North Country in New York State, and the Central New York System is simulcast. Always clear as a bell.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
This firmware update provides a MAJOR improvement in decoded digital audio. By comparison, digital audio previously sounded muddy with not enough high end. A much-needed improvement! Thanks for continuing to improve the BCDx36HP models, UPMan!!!

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
This firmware update provides a MAJOR improvement in decoded digital audio. By comparison, digital audio previously sounded muddy with not enough high end. A much-needed improvement! Thanks for continuing to improve the BCDx36HP models, UPMan!!!

Agreed - I updated my 536 last night and was telling the other people in my truck "I'm waiting for a digital call to come through so I can tell if this upd-" and I didn't get the sentence out before a crisp, beautiful transmission came through. To boot, it was in an area where the signal is the worst in my region, so in the past I have had horrible reception there.

Ubbe

The control uses mechanical switches that gets dirty. A quick spray of contact cleaner fixed my rotary controller.
The menu functions goes much much quicker now with this update, so if it seems slower it probably are due to a faulty controller as the switch bounce filter done in firmware have been speed up and then becomes more sensitive to erratic contacts.

I didn't notice any audio quality changes with my small external peiker speaker, that doesn't have any bass sound. But testing the internal speaker revealed a much improved audio quality and the internal speaker can now actually be used to listen to the transmission. Uniden should have used that eq setting from the beginning. I can't image what betatesters of the BCD536 thought that the sound quality was good enough to go into production.

/Ubbe

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Sorry I'm nitpicking, sounds like an improvement as far as staying on TG, but the sound is more "tinny" more treble. but I'll get use to it. But much improved as far as staying on TG as mentioned, So I do give it a thumbs up overall so far after only 30 minutes since updating firmware on my 436. Thx Uniden!
Scan On.

Yes, that was what so many were complaining about with the 536 - that the audio was way too bassy and not enough upper mids (intelligibility) so Uniden has fixed that. So...you are right but it was by overwhelming request.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Thank You for the continued effort to improve things! I'm pleased with the latest firmware, looking forward to the next effort.

garys

Premium Subscriber
If you have a 536HP, it could well be the scroll knob. I had send one of mine back to get that replaced. OTOH, some people have had good luck opening the radio and using contact cleaner. I'd do that first.

I went back to the previous version and I'm still seeing it. Looks like my function knob is going bad. I can scroll and it will skip of stay on the selected menu item several turns.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
The control uses mechanical switches that gets dirty. A quick spray of contact cleaner fixed my rotary controller.
/Ubbe

Thanks for this info Ubbe. If it was optical, I did not want to spray contact cleaner into it without knowing the material used for the light blocking plate.

garys

Premium Subscriber
The audio on the large Con+ network I listen to is much better. The voice is clear, although it sounds a bit mechanical. I think "tinny" is the term someone used.

Still, I can hear voice traffic a lot more clearly and the scanner processes audio when the signal is somewhat weaker.

So far, so good.

MagicMan08

Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
As a guy who just bought a 436 used, I have a new firmware update and bought the nxdn & dmr upgrades. Very happy! This thing scans so much slower than my 651 sitting next to me though, I'd imagine this unit would scan quicker. I need to remove the bloat of the national lists that were added to the "favorites" which is basically the common mans scan list I guess.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
As a guy who just bought a 436 used, I have a new firmware update and bought the nxdn & dmr upgrades. Very happy! This thing scans so much slower than my 651 sitting next to me though, I'd imagine this unit would scan quicker. I need to remove the bloat of the national lists that were added to the "favorites" which is basically the common mans scan list I guess.

Yeah sounds like there is a lot you don't need to scan in the nation wide lists out of your area and service types may all be enabled beyond the normal.

Probably be good to save the data, then start clean from a fresh slate of what you truly want in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.