Hoosier SAFE-T Thread 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Basically just an software update, and then enable it. As for the Subscriber units, that depends on if they are TDMA capable or not. If they are, then a quick touch, OTAP or the like and they are good to go. If not, then they will need replaced etc... Around half to three quarters of the units on SAFE-T are TDMA capable radios at this point. But the changeover will not be a fast thing. The system will be set to use both FDMA, and TDMA at first, and for a few years will be that way. Then they will begin the final switch to TDMA ONLY.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
New UNID TG

12522 Popped up... Unsure who it is as I missed the call on it. Will try to get it IDed if I see it again.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
New Site.. 280

Found running Pro96Com...
CC 771.78125
Connected and Current.... Location unknown. But it is a neighbor to the Hendricks County Simulcast (104)

Will run another log tlater...

Think I got it.. IDOC Plainfield...... I will see if I can get it nailed down or anyone else closer can and we can get it in the DB!

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Yes and a SAFE-T Site now instead of an stand alone Motorola. We need the full site info now. NAC, ACC etc....

vocoder

Safe T headed for phase 2

Let me see if im following the safe t future correctly. It seems with current p25, all the high demand statewide talkgroups were setup and assigned. So were priority and needed talkgroups on county and city level, pd, fd, ems, dispatch, some ops, etc. It would seem, then, phase 2 will be the frosting on the cake. Giving counties and cities the chance to further organize talkgroups and have capacity to add additional users with dedicated talkgroups.
Am i on the right trail?
Thanks

Last edited:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
MOST INDOC is going SAFE-T yes. One or Two are building stand alone conventional P25. There are only a couple of facilities left to convert. (Watch the SysID when they online them, and the Site ID... That will tell you what it is. So far, all of the ones staying trunked, are SAFE-T.) The IJCF site is as far as I know the ONLY extremely low powered site that literally is ONLY covering the IWP facility (That could change with the online of Plainfield). Plainfield should reach about 10 miles. INDOC facility sites mostly will be INDOC USE ONLY but State Agencies will have access when needed. Also, the Mutual Aid and Interop TGs will work on them.

The future as is planned for SAFE-T: A few more County/Municipal add on sites, at least 2 more conversions of INDOC systems. Gradual addition of TDMA (So far a few sites have it for testing now IGCN and Greenwood included.) Full capability of TDMA systemwide by 2024/2025, but we know how delays seem to plauge IPSC.... Begining use by select agencies of TDMA testing by January 2019. At least 1 agency full time use of TDMA by 2020. There will be some FDMA use for several years. But yes, as is the case with most of the Statewide P25 systems, they do want to move to mostly, if not all TDMA use asap. Also in the Next Gen plan: FirstNET addition around 2020 for high speed DATA information. Voice comms at this juncture in IN are NOT looking to go to FirstNET. At all!

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Allready been started with Laporte, and Porter Simulcasts up north. INDOC is just the most recent.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Zone Event Mutual Aids in use this 4th. For the first time, the North, and South Zone Event TGs are being used for mutual aid and coordination for parades, concerts, fireworks displays, and other events in addition to the usual local MA and SWMA TGs.

Steve73

Zone Event Mutual Aids in use this 4th. For the first time, the North, and South Zone Event TGs are being used for mutual aid and coordination for parades, concerts, fireworks displays, and other events in addition to the usual local MA and SWMA TGs.

We used couple of the South Event talk groups for our annual Thunder Over Louisville detail in April. First time we used them. Like most of the 8-Tacs they are turned off until needed.

usswood

Idoc Plainfield recently got an upgrade to it radio system and it's 700mhz

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

INDOC Carlisle is showing up on the network now as site 2-081 with a CC of 857.2375 not close enough to get all the numbers...I might take a drive south later this evening to get all of it

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I was in the Jasper/Huntingburg area and saw a site pop up labeled "CareFree" anyone in that area know where that site is? I was on GPS with ZERO range so it had to be close.

Edit:

Never mind, I found it in the database in Crawford, IN

Last edited:

usswood

What the heck is going on with the P25... Over the last few weeks, maybe even a month now, several towers are transmitting the station ID over the control channel continuously all of a sudden. Also, you can see the freq/channel that normally broadcast this kinda fight with the cc on transmitting the ID at certain times during the day... then it stops and the cc goes on continuously transmitting the ID over and over... BTW it is causing interference to some of the transmissions when this "battle" is going on.... I hope the sysOps are aware of this, and if not someone who knows a few should mention it.... This has been verified with Pro96com and unitrunker

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
Ref station ID, Ditto both Anderson SAFE-T and Madison Co S4. Sometimes 50 or more lines at a time. Also on the UT calls page. the two lines alternate during the actual ID command.

KC9LQV

What the heck is going on with the P25... Over the last few weeks, maybe even a month now, several towers are transmitting the station ID over the control channel continuously all of a sudden. Also, you can see the freq/channel that normally broadcast this kinda fight with the cc on transmitting the ID at certain times during the day... then it stops and the cc goes on continuously transmitting the ID over and over... BTW it is causing interference to some of the transmissions when this "battle" is going on.... I hope the sysOps are aware of this, and if not someone who knows a few should mention it.... This has been verified with Pro96com and unitrunker

What exactly does that look like on Unitrunker? I've been getting hits on a no-source ID with a target ID of 10000 "transmitting" over and over, sometimes hundreds of times a minute.

I mean, I've gotten over 30,000 hits on it since the last time I cleared my hit counters a couple of weeks ago.

Or is that something completely different?

Status
Not open for further replies.