Hoosier SAFE-T Thread 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocoder

Porter co in july?

So here we are in july, i would imagine porter co safe t has been pushed again.
Any new targets?
What sayeth ipsc?
Thanks

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
thats what it looks like, although you have hex enabled but yep thats what we are seeing.... something has changed in the past few months with the system

The addition of 2 INDOC sites, finishing up on a new standalone down south, adding onto Elkhart.... Finishing work on simulcasts up north.... Yeah, a few changes going on.. And tweaks to this and IDPS.

shauno

Premium Subscriber
INDOC Carlisle is showing up on the network now as site 2-081 with a CC of 857.2375 not close enough to get all the numbers...I might take a drive south later this evening to get all of it

Interesting that this showed up as a system 2 site...according to the IPSC site map, should be system 1

VASCAR2

I regularly listen to the Paxton site and the CC shows site SID 06BDh-0186.

I programmed in the Carlisle Prison (Wabash Valley Correctional Facility) site and as of today I haven’t been able to pickup the CC.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
On the INDOC sites your not going to get an CC unless your very, very close. They are extremely localized for use at the facilities, and are connected via IP and Microwave links to the rest of the system. So in a sense they are stand alone systems for the facilities, but are fully a part of the SAFE-T system, except that they are extremely restricted user wise. And then there is currently a single conventional site that INDOC has that is programmed into the INDOC radios for that one facility. INDOC has use of the full system for transports, ERT, etc... And have access to IDPS S1. After the first couple of months of pretty much any site carrying any INDOC TG, they locked it down so facility specific TGs are only used on the sites nearest the facility. If there was some type of disaster and the local facility site was knocked out, then they can push the TGs onto surrounding sites. Still very little use of the Eskanazi TGs, but I do see every now and then an IWP or other INDOC TG pop up on IGC North, and D52 sites. And yes it is confusing as to why some INDOC sites get the numbering they get and Zone they get... Like why does an site in Zone 1 have an Zone 2 ID? LOL Heck there is so much space still open on Zone 2 down in the low end its crazy. There is a gap of like over 10 sites there still. Saving them for SOW or SCS?

Last edited by a moderator:

usswood

I regularly listen to the Paxton site and the CC shows site SID 06BDh-0186.

I programmed in the Carlisle Prison (Wabash Valley Correctional Facility) site and as of today I haven’t been able to pickup the CC.

I don't think the antenna is up that high either...maybe hundred feet... I have trouble hearing it from Terre Haute, and heck its only what 25 miles South! LOL

On the Paxton site, it is listed as its neighbor... scanning the Carlisle site...it says Paxton is its only neighbor... lol

jwheatley

On the INDOC sites your not going to get an CC unless your very, very close. They are extremely localized for use at the facilities, and are connected via IP and Microwave links to the rest of the system...

If that's the case then I won't be able to confirm when New Castle switches because I live about 10 miles from the facility.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
At least so far from monitoring, its very close range on the Plainfield Site, and the IJCF, as I am well within 10 miles for IJCF, and used to pick up the Plainfield Motorola fairly decently from my home. You will know when a new neighbor pops in on the sites in your area, and the CC matches the New Castle freq listing. And at the same time, you will no longer get a Motorola CC any longer.

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
I have thinking about what you have been reporting about lower power on shorter towers. And wondering about the three Pendleton facilities. Take them off the Pendleton tower onto one or maybe three shorter towers, or just lower on the big tower. Get new frequencies, or divide up what's there. Or make a deal with Madison Co. Or do nothing at all.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I have thinking about what you have been reporting about lower power on shorter towers. And wondering about the three Pendleton facilities. Take them off the Pendleton tower onto one or maybe three shorter towers, or just lower on the big tower. Get new frequencies, or divide up what's there. Or make a deal with Madison Co. Or do nothing at all.

Cost is prohibitive, but is a good idea. Being an original site right there and Pendleton NOT having any original system at the facilities, makes it cheaper to go with what is in place. They would need to research, build, install equipment, and then reprogram all INDOC radios, as well as all the Zone 1 radios more likely all SAFE-T radios to set up a facility specific site.

And on the go on IDPS, that is maybe feasible if they add IDPS to those radios, and program in the buttload of TGs... Figure out if they get access to S3, or just S1 and S4.... Most likely S1, S3, and S4 as they need to do transports. IWP has still 1 TG, maybe more on IDPS S1, and I found another INDOC one and trying to figure out its use but its not often used....

N9IIT

If that's the case then I won't be able to confirm when New Castle switches because I live about 10 miles from the facility.

This may sound like a dumb question but does it make a difference when a corrections facility is privately operated (such as New Castle operated by GEO) and state operated?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
The radio systems are State Owned. Just like with Marion County Jail II.. It is run by CCA. But the radio system in use is IDPS. Now if that Corrections Corp. decides to install its own system, more power to them, but the facility still houses INDOC inmates. Thus INDOC still must have communications capabilities.

c_snyder

What the heck is going on with the P25... Over the last few weeks, maybe even a month now, several towers are transmitting the station ID over the control channel continuously all of a sudden. Also, you can see the freq/channel that normally broadcast this kinda fight with the cc on transmitting the ID at certain times during the day... then it stops and the cc goes on continuously transmitting the ID over and over... BTW it is causing interference to some of the transmissions when this "battle" is going on.... I hope the sysOps are aware of this, and if not someone who knows a few should mention it.... This has been verified with Pro96com and unitrunker

I've noticed the same thing. It's been going on for the past two months. I did watch the first voice channel on a separate SDR and when it starts this back and forth the station ID broadcasts fine at the same time. Unitrunker shows 65536 still active on the first voice channel long after the ID is done broadcasting and that VC is silent. About ten seconds later the back and forth settles down.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Whatever is happening with the changes is all in the background, and is NOT affecting performance on system radios, or scanners in this region. Not a peep of issues with ISP, IDHS, INDOT, INDNR, Hendricks, Hancock, Boone, Shelby, Johnson, or other local Counties, my radio, or any of the scanners I have on SAFE-T. It sounds like there are still ongoing modifications as more freqs are added to sites, and the INDOC stuff is integrated, and that itty bitty lil ole simulcast gets closer to becoming a reality up yonder way.

DJ11DLN

Whatever is happening with the changes is all in the background, and is NOT affecting performance on system radios, or scanners in this region. Not a peep of issues with ISP, IDHS, INDOT, INDNR, Hendricks, Hancock, Boone, Shelby, Johnson, or other local Counties, my radio, or any of the scanners I have on SAFE-T. It sounds like there are still ongoing modifications as more freqs are added to sites, and the INDOC stuff is integrated, and that itty bitty lil ole simulcast gets closer to becoming a reality up yonder way.
How extensive, statewide, do you expect simulcast to eventually get? Out here in the sticks we don't have any, I only deal with it when visiting the grandkids up at Plainfield...been considering a G5 for that (would give me an excuse to get another cool toy LOL).

Status
Not open for further replies.