Hoosier SAFE-T Thread 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

W3AXL

RF Engineer
Premium Subscriber
Was sent a picture earlier today of an APX base radio at Marquette HS in Michigan City. The radio was on the system, with full RSSI, and on the "Marquette" talkgroup in the Schools zone. Looks like things are moving ahead.

losttapes219

La Porte PD will go encrypted when they switch to 800. The department's explorer program will use the old radio system for communications on car-to-car and with dispatch in the clear.

c_snyder

For those in Dekalb County I believe Garrett Police are now using safe-t. Their talk group was dormant for awhile but in the last two days i've picked up a lot of traffic. I'm assuming they were on vhf before but I don't monitor it that much so I wouldn't know.

jrdh1580

Premium Subscriber
Also getting encrypted traffic on 12633...could be Laporte City PD?

I doubt it

Laporte City was the only ones in the county that had tgids from the start

Unless they were given more channels

Someone said Long Beach PD and MCPD Tac were going to be encrypted.

losttapes219

I doubt it

Laporte City was the only ones in the county that had tgids from the start

Unless they were given more channels

Someone said Long Beach PD and MCPD Tac were going to be encrypted.

I used to be an explorer at La Porte City and I still attend their meetings weekly and the EMA director told us that La Porte City PD's radios will use full-time encryption. Our post advisor, who is a city police officer, told us the same thing.

jrdh1580

Premium Subscriber
I used to be an explorer at La Porte City and I still attend their meetings weekly and the EMA director told us that La Porte City PD's radios will use full-time encryption. Our post advisor, who is a city police officer, told us the same thing.

I too heard that

What im saying is that tgid was not one that was shown as laporte city

and that other locals were said to be going encrypted.

so its not safe to say that the tgid is Laporte City due to it being encrypted.

WB9EMT

I would assume LaPorte city is using the original 10959 as I was seeing encrypted traffic on that talkgroup.
Here are the talkgroups that I have been able to identify so far for LaPorte county.

12623 Sheriff Dispatch
12624 Sheriff Ops1
12625 Sheriff Ops2
12630 EMA Dispatch
12631 EMA Operations
12634 EMS Dispatch
12635 EMS Operations
12640 Metro Drug Taskforce (Fully Encrypted now)
12641 County Fire Dispatch
12642 Fireground 1
12643 Fireground 2
12644 Fireground 3
12645 Fireground 4
12646 Michigan City Fire Dispatch
12647 LaPorte City Fire Dispatch

WB9EMT

Pro96com on LaPorte county simulcast is showing an offline peer, site number 108 with a CC of 853.975. That should be the upcoming Porter county Simulcast.

shauno

Premium Subscriber
Hearing traffic on 12650....it's ambulance to hospital traffic. IU Health in Laporte

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There's a correction with this, heard one of the medics talking to fransician in Michigan City...looks like it's an IHERN patch

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
changes coming to ripley county

Beginning to see some encryption in use on the Ripley county talkgroups. Per Unitrunker, mixed use only on "TAC" talkgroups, so far. They are still programming radios, but I expect to see all of the TAC channels go to full time encryption in the near future. While I haven't seen it being used on the primary dispatch channels, I don't know if it'll stay this way or not. I'll pass the info along for updating the database after they get done with the radio programming.

For now, encryption is being used on the following talkgroups:
21607- Batesville PD TAC
21617- Sheriff TAC
21618- County Law Enforcement TAC

Jeff.

Ed6698

One thing I have noticed now that the SAFE-T system is getting more up and running I am picking up far more areas then the old system. I am picking up LaPorte county coming across Lake County simulcast, I get Michigan City also now. My range of picking stuff up has increase quite a bit now. I actually made a Scanlist on my PSR 500 for LaPorte county now, I never had that before. Seems that quite a bit of stuff comes across the Lake County simulcast system, that I never received before, I actually pick up 5 counties coming across Lake now.

THarris50

LaPorte County

I'm having trouble finding the frequencies for LaPorte County and specifically Michigan City for the trunked systems. I understand I must use the Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T (P25) but I only see the simulcast frequencies. Is that what I use? Thanks in advance. Not sure what to do...

THarris50

I need a little help. I live in Michigan City. Just bought the new scanner to pick up digital frequencies. To hear LaPorte County sheriff, ems, m.c. police, etc do I need to just add laporte county simulcast frequency or do I need to put in the talk groups for each department. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.