SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Firmware 1.03.03M/1.01.05S Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwadler436

Premium Subscriber
Mine seems to track well but I notice is doing the same thing. Wasn’t sure why it doesn’t just stay steady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwadler436

Premium Subscriber
Here is a video of the my sds100, why is the RSSI so bouncing around on a simulcast system? Why wont it just lock on the system? Not noticing much performance issue but just wondering.

https://youtu.be/Vjz-hIBE-zI

N6ML

Here is a video of the my sds100, why is the RSSI so bouncing around on a simulcast system? Why wont it just lock on the system? Not noticing much performance issue but just wondering.

https://youtu.be/Vjz-hIBE-zI

I see basically the same thing, on a different P25 simulcast system. There is pretty wild fluctuation (+/-20dB or more) of the signal levels from this system, observed with SDR# and a RTL2832U. Not sure if that has something to with simulcast or not. Maybe the SDS100 firmware doesn't like that much fluctuation.........

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Missing many transmissions on Connect + system as compared to monitoring the same system on DSD+.

In particular, if there is a transmission in progress on DSD+ and I have the Connect + system on hold and ID search I often miss transmissions. And, if I am on a transmission on the SDS100 and turn the knob to begin searching it will not hold on that same transmission that it still in progress.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
In particular, if there is a transmission in progress on DSD+ and I have the Connect + system on hold and ID search I often miss transmissions.

Are you scanning multiple sites on the system? Even if you're holding on a system the scanner will still scan multiple sites if they are scannable, unless you're holding on a site. If a transmission is only broadcast from one of the sites, it can be missed.

The only definitive way to test for unnecessarily missed traffic is to do a site hold, unless the system only has one scannable site.

And, if I am on a transmission on the SDS100 and turn the knob to begin searching it will not hold on that same transmission that it still in progress.

That's always been normal behavior. If you're hearing someting uninteresting and don't want to Avoid the channel, turn the knob to force the scanner to resume scanning.

ecarvalho

Premium Subscriber

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Are you scanning multiple sites on the system? Even if you're holding on a system the scanner will still scan multiple sites if they are scannable, unless you're holding on a site. If a transmission is only broadcast from one of the sites, it can be missed.

The only definitive way to test for unnecessarily missed traffic is to do a site hold, unless the system only has one scannable site.

That's always been normal behavior. If you're hearing someting uninteresting and don't want to Avoid the channel, turn the knob to force the scanner to resume scanning.

Yes I am using site hold.

I thought that once I turn the knob to resume scanning the radio would stop on the transmission still in progress or another transmission in progress. Sometimes it does, sometimes if doesn't stop on a transmission.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Yes I am using site hold.

I thought that once I turn the knob to resume scanning the radio would stop on the transmission still in progress or another transmission in progress. Sometimes it does, sometimes if doesn't stop on a transmission.

Correction,,,, I was NOT using site hold. Am now. Not sure what to make of all this. DSD+ stops on some transmissions that SDS100 does not and vice versa. Better but not perfect.

As far as the knob turning,,,, seems like if I turn the knob off a transmission the SDS100 will stop on the transmission if it has been in progress for more than a few seconds. Example, I listen to a voice call on on specific talkgroup on DSD+ for several seconds. I listen to the same TG on SDS100, turn the knob, the transmission will not be heard for a few more seconds, if at all.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Correction,,,, I was NOT using site hold. Am now. Not sure what to make of all this. DSD+ stops on some transmissions that SDS100 does not and vice versa. Better but not perfect.

As far as the knob turning,,,, seems like if I turn the knob off a transmission the SDS100 will stop on the transmission if it has been in progress for more than a few seconds. Example, I listen to a voice call on on specific talkgroup on DSD+ for several seconds. I listen to the same TG on SDS100, turn the knob, the transmission will not be heard for a few more seconds, if at all.

I guess the best way for me to put it is the SDS100 is slow on the pick up for the Connect Plus system I'm trying to listen to. But then, so is DSD+. Each miss transmissions that the other receives.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I guess the best way for me to put it is the SDS100 is slow on the pick up for the Connect Plus system I'm trying to listen to. But then, so is DSD+. Each miss transmissions that the other receives.

How close are the two receivers to each other?

nwadler436

Premium Subscriber
So in my video I have all sites avoided but one. Even with site hold I still have bouncing RSSI while stationary.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The antennas can interact with each other when too close.

nwadler436

Premium Subscriber
So in my video I have all sites avoided but one. Even with site hold I still have bouncing RSSI while stationary.

Anyone able to eat in on this?

llwade

Premium Subscriber
current 1.03.01 ?????

I hit Update / Update Firmware and sentinel program says, "this version of the scanner is the current version. When I check the INFO tab is says Firmware 1.03.01. checking settings in the scanner, it too list firmware as 1.03.01. tried this several times with the same results. any sugestions ?

Premium Subscriber
I hit Update / Update Firmware and sentinel program says, "this version of the scanner is the current version. When I check the INFO tab is says Firmware 1.03.01. checking settings in the scanner, it too list firmware as 1.03.01. tried this several times with the same results. any sugestions ?

I sent u a PM

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!

No, it starts scanning and continues to scan until it finds another transmission that matches your location, service type, and avoid criteria. If you're holding on a site with other transmissions, the scan won't take long--a few seconds at most to jump to the control channel, parse active calls, and find one that matches your criteria. If you're scanning a bunch of stuff that isn't active, it will scan until it finds something, which may take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.