Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

Windows XP Professional 32-bit. Latest Airspy result:

Did a clean install of Unitrunker, as recommended for the next-to-latest update.
Updated Airspy firmware.
Added AIRSPY to Unitrunker.
Pressed START icon. Airspy remains stopped. (Same test with DISCRIMINATOR, receiver starts.)
Ran Harness utility. Output as follows:

AirSpy Test Harness
(c) 2015 All Rights Reserved.
Found an AirSpy
0 Device: \\.\USB#VID_1D50&PID_60A1#AIRSPY_SN:440464C8386E1D4F Friendly: Description: AIRSPY Serial: AIRSPY_SN:440464C8386E1D4F Symbolic: \\.\USB#VID_1D50&PID_60A1#AIRSPY_SN:440464C8386E1D4F#{A5DCBF10-6530-11D2-901F-00C04FB951ED} Interface: {EBA0766D-595B-4db1-A5BB-546684CFB8C0}
Opening \\.\USB#VID_1D50&PID_60A1#AIRSPY_SN:440464C8386E1D4F (\\.\USB#VID_1D50&PID_60A1#AIRSPY_SN:440464C8386E1D4F#{A5DCBF10-6530-11D2-901F-00C04FB951ED}), Opening.
Setting Policies.
Gathering interfaces.
Found 0 associated interfaces.
succeeds.
Board ID: AIRSPY
Part ID: 6906002b:00000030
Serial: 00000000:00000000:440464c8:386e1d4f
Closing.
Closing \\.\USB#VID_1D50&PID_60A1#AIRSPY_SN:440464C8386E1D4F, succeeds.
Press any key to continue.

nlurker

"Waveform shenanigans for DSD+."

What does this mean? Is it intended to improve voice decoding?

SCPD

QRT
Yes. After some experimentation, I found that applying a slight twist to the waveform resulted in better decode in DSD+. You can see the effects in the scope display when comparing a P25 voice channel to the control channel.

SCPD

QRT
Windows XP Professional 32-bit. Latest Airspy result:

Thanks Dave. Clearly the harness can talk to the AirSpy. Your problem may be similar to that reported by 10-75. You may want to apply the latest firmware update to your AirSpy. Please let me if this works for you and - if not - we'll do some testing.

D

DaveNF2G

Thanks Dave. Clearly the harness can talk to the AirSpy. Your problem may be similar to that reported by 10-75. You may want to apply the latest firmware update to your AirSpy. Please let me if this works for you and - if not - we'll do some testing.

I had applied the firmware update just before the most recent test.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks Dave.

Turn on tuner logging for your AirSpy, press start. Assuming it fails to start, click on the folder tool button. Please open the tuner log and post the text here.

rock18

First off GREAT Program!

Just checking if anyone else has seen this with 1.0.31.20 using a R820T going into dwell p25 system?

The program starts out fine using a receiver R820T with 2 VCO's. It reports running, the signal vco reports decoding p25 and suddenly it goes into a dwell status scanning through all the control frequencies. It bypasses the current one. The only way around that I found was to stop the receiver and turn off chase, manually setting the frequency and then starting the receiver.

The last time it happened I turned on logging (thought I had it on before but must have unchecked it) so I'm waiting for the issue to happen again, but looking to see if anyone else had this issue or spent more time investigating.

Using win7, R820T, 2 vco, chase enabled

Thanks!

D

DaveNF2G

Thanks Dave.

Turn on tuner logging for your AirSpy, press start. Assuming it fails to start, click on the folder tool button. Please open the tuner log and post the text here.

A file folder was created, but no log file.

rock18

First off GREAT Program!

Just checking if anyone else has seen this with 1.0.31.20 using a R820T going into dwell p25 system?

The program starts out fine using a receiver R820T with 2 VCO's. It reports running, the signal vco reports decoding p25 and suddenly it goes into a dwell status scanning through all the control frequencies. It bypasses the current one. The only way around that I found was to stop the receiver and turn off chase, manually setting the frequency and then starting the receiver.

The last time it happened I turned on logging (thought I had it on before but must have unchecked it) so I'm waiting for the issue to happen again, but looking to see if anyone else had this issue or spent more time investigating.

Using win7, R820T, 2 vco, chase enabled

Thanks!
Update:
I was able to get the cycle to stop by disabling the automatic drift correction.

nlurker

Thanks for all the great new features in Release 31!

Is anyone else hearing lots of unwanted talkgroups now? When another transmission immediately follows on a tuned frequency, Unitrunker now stays on it even though it is a different talkgroup that I don't want. This wasn't a problem in Release 30. I seem to remember this same bug once before in a much older version before it got fixed.

jasonk

Feed Provider
Multiple VCO Question

I have the latest release running with Airspy. I am following an Analog system - I have all 5 VCO's set up and they seem to be working fine. I have a few questions.

When I hear voice traffic - there seems to be some type of background squeal (audio is definitely good quality for voice) ...its kind of like an open carrier sound - but only when there is voice.

Any tips on settings I could adjust to tweak this ? I have changed the gains around a little bit with no changes.

Can I assign specific TG's or 1 TG to a VOC ? If I want to assign Fire Dispatch to VCO 2 and pipe it to Virtual Cable 2 - and stream only that TG on my computer - is this possible ?

Thanks in advance for all tips / tricks / tweaks.

Jason

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
What you could kind of do is assign Fire Dispatch a very low rank and then set the VCO rank to match it or at least be below other talk groups you don't want on that VCO. The other VCO(s) would be ranked high and the talk groups ranked between the two VCO ranks. However, I'm not sure Fire Dispatch would always be on the lowest ranked VCO since it's rank would also qualify for the other VCOs.

nlurker

Is anyone else hearing lots of unwanted talkgroups now? When another transmission immediately follows on a tuned frequency, Unitrunker now stays on it even though it is a different talkgroup that I don't want. This wasn't a problem in Release 30. I seem to remember this same bug once before in a much older version before it got fixed.

Why is no one else complaining about this? It is really annoying. It started when I upgraded to 1.0.31.20.

thegriff

Premium Subscriber
There was another release post .20 that fixed an issue where radios were being added as talkgroups. You may want to download and re-install .20 again as the fix carries the same version number as the release.

KD8DVR

Why is no one else complaining about this? It is really annoying. It started when I upgraded to 1.0.31.20.

I get fire talkgroups hijacking PD tg's all the time. This is likely related to your issue, since Fire is typically active on one or more TGs in my area.

I have the latest release... definitely needs addressed.

nlurker

I get fire talkgroups hijacking PD tg's all the time. This is likely related to your issue, since Fire is typically active on one or more TGs in my area.

I have the latest release... definitely needs addressed.

Mine is worse than that. I'll be listening to an interesting fire event, and then I'll hear trash collectors or bus drivers, and it won't go back to the fire until they stop talking. This was not a problem before the latest release.

I have observed that it seems to happen when a boring transmission immediately follows a good one on the same frequency. I can see on the Call History tab that the high-priority fire has moved to a different frequency, but Unitrunker is instead listening to some very-low-priority transmission on the old frequency.

Hopefully Rick will see this soon, and can give us his thoughts.

joeuser

The Wretched
Really fantastic work being done here, I'm at v. 29 as it suits my needs. I just listen to my local P25p1 tower 24/7. I read the website updates, very informative! Like all the new features that have been added. So, even though I'm good where I'm at, your work is appreciated - thank you very much for your hard work & dedication to this hobby!

D

DaveNF2G

Did the update change the dwell time settings? Maybe that's why Unitrunking is hanging on to repeaters for too long after transmissions.

nlurker

Did the update change the dwell time settings? Maybe that's why Unitrunking is hanging on to repeaters for too long after transmissions.

Thanks Dave, I changed dwell time to 0 on both signal and voice receivers. I'll listen a while to see if that helps.

KD8DVR

Thanks Dave, I changed dwell time to 0 on both signal and voice receivers. I'll listen a while to see if that helps.

There were no dwell time changes, due to upgrades. I always left them as they originally were. I never though this affected the voice channels anyhow.

Of course, I've tried it though and will see :)

UPDATE: Dwell settings don't work for the issue. Listening to PD and a fire group clomped the PD TG hard. Looked like the PD group wasn't even active. Funny thing.. it is ALWAYS fire doing the interference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.